Horror film helps police

Dread

The new film by Wrong Turn and Masters of Horror season 2 offering "Right to Die" Rob Schmidt, has reinvigorated police in Rochester NY to use new forensic methods to solve an old case. This lead to an arrest of a person of interest in the crimes which officially stopped in 1976.

The Alphabet Killer slayed women and dumped their bodies in towns whose name matched the name of the victim as far as the first letter is concerned (Susan = Stratford) but has gone unsolved for more than thirty years.

The film, The Alphabet Killer, is being submitted to Sundance and is expected to cause quite a bidding war between studios.

Not much more info at the link here.

What methods did they use?

I imagine, since it lead to an arrest, either DNA, chemical fluid expulsion from fabrics (ie: finding old cleaned up blood) or digital fingerprinting. These are the only real substantial technological advances that lead to direct arrests on people they didn't have enough evidence for in the first place. As far as I know.

What methods did they use?

I imagine, since it lead to an arrest, either DNA, chemical fluid expulsion from fabrics (ie: finding old cleaned up blood) or digital fingerprinting. These are the only real substantial technological advances that lead to direct arrests on people they didn't have enough evidence for in the first place. As far as I know.

Hmm, why didn't they think of that before the movie? By the way my son likes your Avatar.