What was Lois Lane doing?

Missy

What was Lois Lane doing in Countdown #32?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you read the site and if you listen to the show, then you know I'm harsh on Marvel. So to claim that "Marvel does no wrong around here" is bull. Absolute bull.

I never said you had to leave or that you must agree with my posts, but, if all you're going to do is complain about my opinions / admitted nitpicks, why stick around? That's what I was getting at. It's up to you, really: you can counter my nitpicks so we can debate topics, or you can ignore them. But coming into a thread to blast me, that's not going to produce the discussion you claim to want.

To bring it back to the topic of this thread, in the poll I added the "Lois Lane was entering the strip club" option so people could argue this with me, so they could say I was picking nits. So obviously I want people to counter my opinion. Hell, during the last Countdown show I even said that very well might be what's going on, but I doubted it based on a few factors. But I left the door open for conversation. You want to talk about this scene? Let's talk about it. I'd be more than happy to, that's why I started this thread.

I am fairly sure that's one of if not THE only time I ever made any posts like that. So the whole "if all you're going to do" and "going on and on" things are REALLY off base. 2 out of my 200 some posts? Come on. And by coming in and basically saying something minor is being blown up I was essentially trying to state that it seems pretty much like a throw away panel to me. Pardon me for thinking it's a little insane to think they would have Lois Lane doing blow in a strip club bathroom. Thought apparently with the way this series has been going I guess it wouldn't be too out of place.

Once again, I never said you weren't critical of Marvel. Believe me, I know you are. I still say you give them a lot more room to run with. I really wish I had made this post during the summer when I was listening to the shows and for some reasons kept having moments where I completely disagreed with what you were saying and yelling at my ipod at work.

I don't want it to come off as trying to be a troll or anything like that. I honestly respect your opinion on comics and this site is the main reason I started getting back into them again. It just seems we disagree about a lot of stuff based off things said on the podcast and around the site. I just don't see anything constructive about making the same tired Crisis jokes over and over again more than anything. Just like I don't see the point in any of the 100 stupid jokes/comments that people make in the WWE folder.

No heat. From listening to the show for so long, I know how you can get when arguing. It was just something I needed to get off my chest anyway. I do feel a little out of my depth trying to discuss comics around here though since I have no where near the knowledge of a lot of people. I couldn't even begin to tell you a thing about artists or writers, I just know what I like and don't. So maybe I over simplify things.

I just know what I like and don't.

That's the perfect place to start. There are some creators I follow from project to project, but mostly it boils down to what I like. For instance, I had never heard of the guys behind Highwaymen, but the preview art was good enough to make me open my wallet.

All (still funny) punch jokes aside, the reason I get pissed with DC is the incessant usage of "BIG TIME EVENTS!!" and basically forcing me to read these events to keep up with the characters I enjoy. DC is the home of a TON of characters I enjoy. Hell, my youngest has a huge Countdown poster in his room. Batman, Superman, Flash, Lantern, Nightwing, Robin, Titans, JLA, and on and on. I am a big fan of all those characters for years, and I hate having to keep up with a 52 part series, followed by another one, and then another event, just to keep track of the universe.

Also, I think they dropped the huge ball they had with Identity Crisis after it happened. They put out a hot mini series with great buzz, and then they go the complete opposite route that the story took, and instead of going into more personal stories involving the characters, they went into this big "multiverse" storyline. The same multiverse that they had destroyed, and brought back, and destroyed, and now was bringing back and that produced storyline confusion the likes of which you wouldn't believe.

THEN they put out a 52 issue mini series while jumping their main books ahead a year. And then we get another 52 issue mini series, which is now leading to another event. So they took the heat and buzz from Identity Crisis, and went as far away from that as humanly possible.

So yeah, that's why I get pissed at DC.

For the record, Identity Crisis was THE thing that single handedly got me back into comics. I downloaded it after reading it talked about around here and The Oratory and read through the whole thing in one night and I loved it. Maybe I have the benefit of not having to be baffled by all the continuity issues (although I wiki'd a lot of it as I read as to know as much as possible). Say what you will about DC and their events but if it got me to start reading and buying it probably got more people as well.

Same thing for World War Hulk. My good friend who was somewhat into comics has bought every issue and every issue connected to it. I hate the book but the event does it for him and it's a new reader which is what everyone wants in the long run isn't it?

Oh another Hulk note, anyone faulting DC for tie-ins, whats with the HUGE amount of "World War Hulk" banners I saw across just about every Marvel book on the wrack? It seemed just as ridiculous.

I agree and disagree. I do think, as I said in my Gamma Corps AND WWH: X-Men reviews, that Marvel does whore out their crossovers. However, and I think this is a fault as well as a positive, they seem secondary, and you can get through the main story without having read a lot of the tie ins. I think, with WWH for example, that you can read the main WWH and monthly Hulk and you are pretty much covered. Stuff like the Punisher and Ghost Rider tie ins are cool, but non essential. With Infinite Crisis, and to be fair Civil War, there was a lot of stuff that felt MANDATORY. 52 was better, but now with Countdown there's all these Ray Palmer books and what not, and it really clutters the shelf.

So again, I see Marvel doing the same thing, but to me it seems more based around greed on Marvel's part than with DC where it feels as though reading those books are a necessity. Both are wrong.

Hey, I'll never be one not to shit on Marvel when they deserve it. The only book I read on a monthly basis that I haven't found a fault in (and I've only been reading it for five months) is G.I. Joe.

Also, I think they dropped the huge ball they had with Identity Crisis after it happened.

Yup. I hadn't read DC in years before IC. Then Infinite Crisis shit all over that.

Oh another Hulk note, anyone faulting DC for tie-ins, whats with the HUGE amount of "World War Hulk" banners I saw across just about every Marvel book on the wrack? It seemed just as ridiculous.

Even worse is that they are trying to push it off as being set in a different timeline than the rest of the Marvel U so as to deal with the issue of SPider-Man swinging around in a New York that looks fine. What about Heroes for Hire, Avengers: Initiative, and Punisher War Journal? They set in other timelines too?

Hey, I'll never be one not to shit on Marvel when they deserve it. The only book I read on a monthly basis that I haven't found a fault in (and I've only been reading it for five months) is G.I. Joe.

I take it you haven't been reading the Storm Shadow book then... :laugh:

And this all stemmed from Lois Lane taking a dump.

I still didn't get my option in the poll and NO answer!

So that's where she stashed her coke! :D

Bada ba badump bump tsh!