Green Lantern

JackFetch

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm the only one who's going to have trouble taking this seriously. If I wasn't a big fan of the comics I'd honestly be laughing about how goofy a lot of that was.

I know non comic fans who go both ways on this. Some think it is the stupidest looking thing ever, some are in 100%.

I know non comic fans who go both ways on this. Some think it is the stupidest looking thing ever, some are in 100%.

That's been my experience as well. This might be the first major comic book movie that actually depends on the audience to buy into it of their own choice, rather than being a comic book movie crammed into a realistic setting, thus forcing it to be palatable to everyone.

Though, I must say, if audiences could buy CG Spidey and the Green Ranger Goblin in the first Spider-Man, they can probably buy this.

I rate Blake Lively, I actually think she's pretty versatile considering she hasn't been known for long and what she's known for is a teen drama. People think being on one of those shows means your just pretty, I direct those people's attention to multi-time Oscar nominated Michelle Williams of Dawson's Creek fame.

I'm forcing myself to see Transformers in the theater so I sure as hell will probably see Green Lantern regardless of reviews. I'll probably be pissed off afterwards but ehhh, if you don't ignore good advice once in awhile, then how do you learn anything practical?

This is my attitude as well.

Blade II, which is a great comic book movie, only has like a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's a movie with no major stars about aliens and power rings. Not the most critic-friendly subject matter in the world.

Edit: What Des said. Seriously.

I'll come right out and say that I'm looking forward to this unironically. Fuck y'all.

I'm with ya on that one.

Bleeding Cool reviews Green Lantern.

The last paragraph of the review, sums all of this up. Spoiler, just in case.

Green Lantern is a kids movie. But, like Star Wars, like Superman, like the Tim Burton Batman films, it’s a kid’s movie that fanboys can enjoy. If they can just lighten up a little.

Whew. That's all I was hoping for.

Alright, I'm psyched for this midnight showing!

Bleeding Cool reviews Green Lantern.

The last paragraph of the review, sums all of this up. Spoiler, just in case.

Green Lantern is a kids movie. But, like Star Wars, like Superman, like the Tim Burton Batman films, it’s a kid’s movie that fanboys can enjoy. If they can just lighten up a little.

Why is it that the very few good reviews for this spend more time bitching about Batman than doing anything else?