Green Lantern

JackFetch

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rorschach is pretty much Sinestro so it fits for me. But that just screams unsubstantiated rumor to me. Rorschach, Freddy and a comic book villain. Haley's smarter than that. He'll pass if indeed he even is in the running.

I think Hugo Weaving would be a near-perfect Sinestro. Maybe a little old at this point, though.

Yeah cause respected actors never take on dodgy roles. He's safe though, I'm sure Ben Kinglsey will probably do it if he doesn't get Vulture :)

I'm not saying because it's dodgy, it's about time for him to do a serious character-driven film.

I think Hugo Weaving would be a near-perfect Sinestro. Maybe a little old at this point, though.

I don't think he's too old. He's perfect. Sinestro should be about 50.

Hal_Jordan_001.jpg

nathan-fillion-green-lantern.jpg

Green-lantern.jpg

While I am a Rayner fanboy at heart, I still think Nathan Fillon would make a better Hal. I still hold firm to the belief Fillon is the spitting image of Hal, and still think Reynolds is too young and looks nothing like him

While I am a Rayner fanboy at heart, I still think Nathan Fillon would make a better Hal. I still hold firm to the belief Fillon is the spitting image of Hal, and still think Reynolds is too young and looks nothing like him

See, I like Fillion a lot, but I've never seen him play anything with real "heart." It's all been "clever jokes and witty dialogue," but rarely the kind of straightforward heroism and honesty that Hal would need.

It boggles me as to why people think Hal needs to be so much older. For his origin story, he's only supposed to be in his late twenties.

My recommendation would've been Scott Porter, actually. He's young now, but he'd be fine for an origin story, and could grow into the role over the next several years.

scottporter.jpg

Malcom Reynolds has no real heart. Right. [/sarcasm]

Not in the way that Hal Jordan does, no. Even Mal's most heric moments were tainted with anarchistic/rebellious undertones. Hal may be cocky as hell, but he can stand up like a true soldier when he needs to.

I kind of see your point, to each his own. I just think Fillon looks more similar to the iconic Hal Jordan than Ryan Reynolds. I hope to be proved wrong, hell I was against Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Heath Ledger as Joker, and Arnold Shwarzenegger as Mister Freeze-oh, wait, never mind :* . I will probably need to see the movie before I pass final judgement

Peter Sarsgaard is in talks to play villain Dr. Hector Hammond in director Martin Campbell's Green Lantern, reports Heat Vision. Hammond is a pathologist and son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father's eyes. He becomes infused with psychic powers when he discovers a meteor.

Sarsgaard is joining Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively in the Warner Bros. comic book adaptation, opening in theaters on June 17, 2011.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62335

Jackie Earle Haley is the only choice for Sinestro by the studio.

So I'm not going to play a semantics game here... there is a very real difference in meaning between terms like "in talks" and "in negotiations" and "on a list," and I'm not sure where they are in that process right now. But I am willing to say that Haley is the guy. He just wrapped up some additional shooting on "Nightmare" for the studio, and they're said to be extremely happy with his work in the film. The groundwork is being laid in the first "Lantern" for a much larger role for Sinestro later on if this first movie does well, and they like the idea of continuing their relationship with Haley.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-motion-captured/posts/is-sinestro-in-green-lantern-after-all

I like that Haley is embracing all these geeky roles: Watchmen, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Human Target, and now (maybe) Green Lantern.

He has a good look for dark characters, a great voice, and (from what I saw of him in Watchmen) the man can act. Sure, he might be limiting his career down the line, but that's his call.

I like that Haley is embracing all these geeky roles: Watchmen, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Human Target, and now (maybe) Green Lantern.

He has a good look for dark characters, a great voice, and (from what I saw of him in Watchmen) the man can act. Sure, he might be limiting his career down the line, but that's his call.

He said in an interview that he took the job on The Human Target because it was "steady work." I don't think he's really getting a lot of other work anyhow, and I'd imagine that Sinestro would have a rather nice paycheck.

It's been a very long winter for Haley, one that included a turn as the bad guy in Dollman, of all things, so I say pump that cash cow for all that it's worth, dude. Besides, he is at the age where aged character actors become genre superstars playing heavies in big and small budget B-movies.