Episode 09

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick features Cannibal Flesh Riot, the short film by Gris Grimly. Ben triumphantly returns for another Roadkill Review; this time he and Desmond talk about 30 Days of Night on the drive home from the theater. Which one of them is out of his mind? You'll have to listen to find out. Plus, tunes include "I Eat the Dead" by Psycho Charger, "The Wrong Way Out" by The Death Riders and "Monster Mash" by The Misfits. [ 1:00:52 || 27.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_009.mp3

A few things:

Lead vampire: His name is Marlow.

Language: I was under the impression that the vampires understand English, but they refuse to speak it. For instance, look at the scene when Marlow and "the stranger" are talking: Marlow knows what "the stranger" is saying, and even responds to it in the vampire language. So it's clear they aren't just learning English by the end of the film.

Snuff film: Though I didn't pick up on it, I can sort of see what you're talking about with that one kill scene. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer did it better, however. ;)

Ben Foster: I had no idea Ben Foster played Dave in The Punisher. Nor did I realize that was him playing Angel in X-Men 3. Dude is such an awesome actor! Hopefully he'll become huge soon!

A few things:

Lead vampire: His name is Marlow.

Thank you for that. Do they name him in the film?

Language: I was under the impression that the vampires understand English, but they refuse to speak it. For instance, look at the scene when Marlow and "the stranger" are talking: Marlow knows what "the stranger" is saying, and even responds to it in the vampire language. So it's clear they aren't just learning English by the end of the film.

Yep. I liked the language. Especially the "Gah. No Gah" moment.

Snuff film: Though I didn't pick up on it, I can sort of see what you're talking about with that one kill scene. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer did it better, however. ;)

Occasionally, you surprise me Mr. Sims. A Henry reference, even!

Ben Foster: I had no idea Ben Foster played Dave in The Punisher. Nor did I realize that was him playing Angel in X-Men 3. Dude is such an awesome actor! Hopefully he'll become huge soon!

Awesome actor.

HA! I just heard the ending with your son! Awesome! :laugh:

Yeah...I thought some cuteness would be welcome in an episode full of cannibalism and snuff film references.

Thanks to Dread Media, I went and got three Ghoul Town Cd's. Really great TexMex horror rock. Thanks for turning me on to them.

Right on, sir! Do me a favour and go tell Ghoultown that if you get the chance. I want to interview those guys! I haven't sat down and got the new album yet but I certainly will as well. For my money, best genre-themed band since the Misfits.