Quantum Leap on DVD!

Heh, and I was wondering if that show was even gonna be popular around here. :D

Anyway, I doubt I'd pick it up. If I were to ever get a DVD season collection set, it'd be of either Married with Children, South Park or Dave Chapelle. I liked the show, but nothing I'd mark out over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Again, sorry this is so old...

I still haven't gotten this. I'm a huge QL fan, but it hasn't been in the local stores (not in future shop, not in walmart, not in the music stores that sell tons of dvds, blah), and I don't have a credit card, so no online. Eventually I'll just have to get a store to order it for me. Maybe when Season 2 comes out, get both at once (which is supposed to be soon, I read).

Such an awesome show, ended too early.

Maybe when Season 2 comes out, get both at once (which is supposed to be soon, I read).

Such an awesome show, ended too early.

Season 2 will be released on October 26... and I cannot wait!

Price: $60

Disks: 3

Episodes: 22

And while I agree that the show ended way too early, I'd rather it go out like it did (at its peak), then have it continue on and wither away into garbage.

Though I don't think it was awful, it did deserve a much better finale. But what you have to remember is that NBC was on the fence about brining it back, so that wasn't supposed to be the final episode. It was meant to be a cliffhanger leading towards much darker missions. However, NBC ultimately decided to give the show the ax, so they had to tack on that message at the end.

Yeah, I know what happened, which is why I said "they had to crop together."

The whole notion that Sam never gets home and is floating around god knows where is an awful and improper end for him. It's tragic.

Whereas that horrible ending, for me, makes it the best ending I've seen yet from a series. Absolutely brilliant stuff, especially since the episode before ws the Elvis one, which was one of the most fun ones they did.

I really can't see them having improved on it, I thought it was a brilliant ending. Mind you, I only saw it once, and that was years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe it's me -- because I love tragic -- but I liked the idea that he never got home. Especially after you learn he was the one controlling the leaps, which means he'd rather help people than save his own life (so to speak).

Have to agree, I loved the ending. God/Al, on his birthday, all was a really good touch. You always kinda knew Sam was going to do it forever from the episode where he and Al switched places, and to save Al's life, he had to leap again, knowing he would be stuck again.