The Amazing Spider-Cast Podcast

Koete

Hey Earth-2.net forumites. Wanted to let you know about my own podcast, The Amazing Spider-Cast which is a podcast all about Spider-Man. I started out as a solo effort, then became a rotating guest podcast, and today I'm joined each week by my co-host Jen (not the Earth-2 Jenny). 50 episodes in and still going strong, after a podcast host switch that is. To get new episodes you can go to http://theamazingspidercast.libsyn.com/ and if you want to check out the archives while I'm moving them to the new site, you can go to http://theamazingspidercast.podomatic.com/.

Will we have to subscribe to the new feed or are you updating the iTunes store with the new feed? 'Cause, in case you don't know, you don't have to start a whole new store for the new feed. Just update the old one, and old subscribers won't even notices the difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Amazing Spider-Cast has now launched it's second podcast! In The Spectacular Spider-Cast, Chris "616" Gallo and myself are on a mission to review every issue in the fun and sometimes quirky Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man title. These episodes will be released in addition to the regular Amazing Spider-Cast episode every two weeks.

Oh, I meant Koete. I havn't got around to the Spider-cast yet myself but I did hear his (possibly his?) appearance on Comic geek-speak discussion the top 5 Spidey stories. I'll definitly have to get around to the Spidercast, I've heard just about everything else at this point.

Yep, that was me on the CGS Top 5 Spidey Stories. As for Life of Reilly, I've read a bit and come back to it a couple of times, but have not read the entire thing. What I have read has been extremely interesting and I hope to read through it all sometime. And if it's Clone Saga discussion you crave, we've got it all:

Episode 31: Ultimate Clone Saga

Episode 50: 70's Clone Saga

Episode 51: 90's Clone Saga Part 1

Episode 53: 90's Clone Saga Part 2

Episode 54: Comparison of All Three Clone Sagas

Yep, that was me on the CGS Top 5 Spidey Stories. As for Life of Reilly, I've read a bit and come back to it a couple of times, but have not read the entire thing. What I have read has been extremely interesting and I hope to read through it all sometime. And if it's Clone Saga discussion you crave, we've got it all:

Episode 31: Ultimate Clone Saga

Episode 50: 70's Clone Saga

Episode 51: 90's Clone Saga Part 1

Episode 53: 90's Clone Saga Part 2

Episode 54: Comparison of All Three Clone Sagas

Awesome! I actually started reading comics again during the 90's Clone Wars and was always a huge fan of Ben Reilly. It was what brought my love for the medium back after my newsagent stopped carrying Transformers (I had hundreds of issues of that). I'll definitly check out 51 & 53. Of course I'll try to seperate your objective assessment from my blind fanboyism (Gaunt was the bomb!)

Second question, have you read Kraven's Last Hunt yet?

:laugh:

Ordered the HC soon after the episode. Totally kicked myself for never reading it. Now it's one of my Top 5 favorite stories and is definately one of the best of all time. We talk about it on Episode 33. Btw, with the server switch, the episodes are in two different spots:

16-49: http://theamazingspidercast.podomatic.com/

1-14, 50 onwards: http://theamazingspidercast.libsyn.com/

The first 14 were me solo, 15 was a guest spot I did on another cast, 16-29 featured a rotating panel of guests, and from 31 till a recent break, I've had a co-host Jen (I advise skipping 30).

And as for the 90's Clone Saga, my co-host Jen and I both grew up during 90's, so there is fanboyism, but there is also some crap in there.

In 69, you said that in market forces, Roby says you need a new camera, peter takes more pictures, roby then says he still needs a new camera. What really happens is that when peter goes off, he buys a new camera, and when he takes more photos roby says he still needs a new camera. Roby was saying the new camera is still crappy

In 69, you said that in market forces, Roby says you need a new camera, peter takes more pictures, roby then says he still needs a new camera. What really happens is that when peter goes off, he buys a new camera, and when he takes more photos roby says he still needs a new camera. Roby was saying the new camera is still crappy

No, because right after, Robbie says the camera is still crappy, it goes to the scene where Peter had the crappy camera in one pocket and the cash in the other, which signifies a flashback to when Peter was weighing the decision earlier in the episode. And why would Peter spend his hard earned money on a camera that is still not up to snuff?

OK, I've listened to the 70's clone saga and the first half of the 90's and I'm adding this show to my list. Bear in mind that this is not a decision I make lightly, I've already get about 5-6 hours of wrestling podcasts per week plus CGS, the uncanny X-cast and everything on Earth-2. Thank god I drive halfway across the country and back several times a week or I'd be snowed. I'm using my work laptop in hotels just to keep up with my various TV shows right now.

• 2 months later...

The show need a website. Yes you have libsyn, but theres wordpress, that is virtually identicall, and free. Just buy a host (I recomend 1 and 1) upload wordpress (wordpress.org), and a forum (I recomend phpbb, Tis free, But dont download the newer version, the older one is better, and I have a copy you could borrow if you do make a site), And then you have a real site for the Amazing Spider Cast!