Those creators...

Missy

We all have 'em; we all have a list of creators we follow and ignore.

Me, I'll give anything written by Peter David, Garth Ennis, Brian Michael Bendis and Ed Brubaker a read. As for art, if Rick Leonardi, Michael Lark, Alex Maleev, Frank Cho, Leinil Francis Yu, Khoi Pham, Scott Wegener, Olivier Coipel, Ariel Olivetti and Ron Lim drew it, I'll buy it.

People I stay away from: Chris Claremont, John Byrne and Tom DeFalco.

I'm sure there's more, but my brain is fried!

Who are yours?

Writing wise:

-Matt Fraction gets a try

-Warren Ellis does brilliant work on his creator-owned stuff and I'll try anything as far as his work for hire goes

-Brubaker is pretty dang good too.

-Erik Larsen for both art and writing because not only do I like his style, I have an immense amount of respect for the man and what he has done for Image as well as creating one of the most consistently exciting books of the past decade and a half (not to mention his huge Kirby influence)

-Kirkman gets blind tries too.

-Alan Moore gets a shot no matter what.

-Marv Wolfman, give this man a damn job!

Art:

Not the biggest art guy (it's secondary to me) but there are a few despite Larsen.

-Stejpan Sejic could do no wrong by me.

-Michael Lark (gritty and tough)

My anti list is relatively well-known but here goes:

-I second Mike's Claremont reference. He was good on his first X-run (and I mean "good" not great) but everything else is pure shite

-JMS is a ten foot pole writer for me. I steer clear.

-Dan Slott.

We all have 'em; we all have a list of creators we follow and ignore.

Me, I'll give anything written by Peter David, Garth Ennis, Brian Michael Bendis and Ed Brubaker a read. As for art, if Rick Leonardi, Michael Lark, Alex Maleev, Frank Cho, Leinil Francis Yu, Khoi Pham, Scott Wegener, Olivier Coipel, Ariel Olivetti and Ron Lim drew it, I'll buy it.

People I stay away from: Chris Claremont, John Byrne and Tom DeFalco.

I'm sure there's more, but my brain is fried!

Who are yours?

No Brian Wood?

I'll buy anything by Brian K Vaughan, Brian Wood, Robert Kirkman, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker and recently I've discovered that unwittingly I've been buying a huge amount of Matt Fraction. I also tend to be open to trying any Alan Moore, Frank Millar, Mike Mignola, James Robinson, Brian Azzarello, Andy Diggle, Bill Willingham and Garth Ennis. Thats a daft amount of Brians.

When it comes to art only Alex Ross really grabs me, although I won't automatically buy his stuff every time. Theres art I really like of course but I can't think of an instance in which great art has sold me on a book. Poor art can turn me off a book instantly though.

Artists.......favorite is John Buscema with John Romita Jr. pulling up in second......

The only artist I can think of off the top of my head that I despise is Rob Liefeld. I didn't like him back in the heyday of Image and nothing has changed.

Kurt Busiek is my favorite writer.........his run on Avengers (vol. 3) was a joy to read....and he hit JLA/Avengers just out of the park.

The writer I dislike the most is Beau Smith.......anyone who had the misfortune of picking up Guy Gardener: Warrior can attest to that.........