Sign in to follow this  
JackFetch

Semi Pro

I think he's funny. Just not in the same movie every year. He keeps remaking Anchorman in a new setting, and it's old. He was his funniest on SNL. The problem is that now he gets to control what he makes, and he doesn't see what a hack he's become. It's what would have happened to Jim Carrey if he had kept doing Ace Ventura like movies. Will could learn a lesson from him and do serious movies, but he likes easy money.

Was Stranger than Fiction any good? Had he not been in it I would have seen it.

It was all right. The graphics and visual effects were fantastic, and I liked the premise but the actual story frequently bordered on cheese. Ferrell was decent in it, not great.

Was Stranger than Fiction any good? Had he not been in it I would have seen it.

you really shouldnt watch this movie yull fall asleep like the charicter did in the movie for half of it its stupid

I personally LOVED Stranger than Fiction. Ferrell's acting was nicely subdued, and the supporting cast was good as well. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. There's a nice message in it too. I really recommend seeing it, for Ferrell showing us that he can be a decent serious actor if nothing else.

The "Baby Pearl" stuff is only funny because of Pearl. Any other actor could have played Farrell's parts... better I might add.

Anyways, every comedian in the world reaches this phase. Get's hot for a while, becomes popular, keeps doing what made him popular, people hate him for doing what people used to love him for doing, disappears for a while, makes a comeback.

Jim Carrey, Dane Cook, Will Ferrell, if I listened to everyone around me, I'd never laugh at anything.

I loved Will Farrell on SNL, and completely adore Anchorman, however, his movies have become redundant. Outside of Stranger Than Fiction, which I personally liked, he's been doing the same act in different movies since leaving SNL, and it's become tiresome.

I thought it was good too. I fell asleep at the end though. But, I fall asleep at movies I watch at home a lot lately. It's not indicative of the movie, it's more about how fucking tired I always am. Makes reviewing stuff for Dread Media a bitch!

Didn't he do a Woody Allen movie and was apprently pretty good in it? Melinda and Melinda I think.

I think he has done this many of these types of movies now that he would need to take a 5yr break before trying something else.