Upcoming Marvel films

Missy

Captain America and Iron Man? Yesh!

Iron Man could make for a good adaptation, but they'll have to revamp his entire origin. The idea that he wears the suit to save his heart/life won't fly on the big screen, not with the way modern medicine can cure most heart ailments. Having said that, it's going to be hard to explain why a billionaire would willingly dress it armor to fight crime.

Captain America, on the other hand, can go two routes:

01. Set entirely during WWII, which would be really killer.

02. Set partially in WWII (RE: Hellboy), but focusing more on the here and now, utilizing the whole "man out of time" aspect of the character. But no one will buy the "frozen in ice for 60 years" bit, so they'll have to come up with a better way to explain his resurrection. Just so long as he isn't a clone of the WWII Cap.

Good god, they're riding this gravy train all the way into the ground.

I would not pay fifty cents to see film adaptations of Man-Thing, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Namor, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Nick Fury, Captain America or Deathlok. I just wouldn't. Stick with what's working and don't flood the market, you dipshits.

drq

(incidentally, I've got a bootleg copy of the original Fantastic Four movie... which I love dearly)

Good god, they're riding this gravy train all the way into the ground.

I would not pay fifty cents to see film adaptations of Man-Thing, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Namor, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Nick Fury, Captain America or Deathlok. I just wouldn't. Stick with what's working and don't flood the market, you dipshits.

drq

(incidentally, I've got a bootleg copy of the original Fantastic Four movie... which I love dearly)

I think Man-Thing is going to be a made-for-TV movie. DD was okay at best so Elektra won't fare much better. Fantastic Four is a sci-fi/adventure comic, always has been; if they make it a superhero film, they're fucked. I've said my piece about Iron Man and Captain America. Namor... who the fuck cares? Ghost Rider, if done all dark and goth (RE: The Crow), could be cool. Remember what I said about Namor? Same goes for Silver Surfer and Deathlok. Nick Fury could be interesting if they made him the grizzled, American James Bond.

Every year for the past seven years or so I mean to buy a copy of the bootlegged FF film, but I never get it.