NFL

JackFetch

Regardless of the reasons for Kluwe's release, it's certainly possible that both A): It was in the best interest of the club to replace him from a strictly football standpoint and B) The coaching staff tried to clamp down on him because of his outspokenness and that the STC went out of his way to using homophobic language to needle him. Regardless of if A is true or not, B is 100% unacceptable, and yes I know that it is a regular part of the macho sports culture. It's time to get rid of it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Kel said. I'm with him in that I'm sure it's not 100% just because he's outspoken but it doesn't change the fact that that's almost certainly a factor into it. I'm not going to get upset that his career is over though. Let's face it, the guy has already written one book, sure to be another in the future. Factor in the speaking engagements that he'll be making for the next decade or two, the money he's (hopefullu) invested, and an inevitable appearance on Dancing With the Stars, and the guy is set.

• 3 years later...

I know the rule that no one cares about your fantasy team except you.  And it is completely true.  However, I just won my long time league over my arch-rival.  On the literal last play of our season.  Which was a fumble recovery returned for a TD by the Eagles as time expired on MNF.  The Eagles are his team.  The ensuing trash-talk and general mockery from the entire league the past 48 hours has been absolutely glorious.  I have been kinda down on fantasy lately, but this has been the most fun. 

• 3 weeks later...