Tales of Vesperia

JackFetch

A new cell shaded JRPG from Namco. Not officially announced for the 360, but they did have it listed in their meta tags on the site for awhile. Officially a console hasn't been announced yet.

Official site with trailer.(it's slow to load so go here for a faster version)

I never played any of the Tales games, but this one looks interesting.

• 1 month later...

It was officially announced for the 360 today, and nothing else.

Namco Bandai say that the 360 is the only platform they've decided on so far, but "regarding other platforms, we're looking at all possibilities."

http://kotaku.com/359623/tales-of-vesperia-for-360-confirmed

It's like some weird alternate reality where the Xbox gets all the JRPGs, and the Playstation doesn't.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Apparently there's a big hike in difficulty near the start that starts to die down a few hours in. Strange I know.

I’ve never really been able to get into the 3D tales games I’ve played. Having to hold down a trigger to run around freely in combat (otherwise your movement is in 2D) just seems strange to me. I have no idea if they’re planning to release Vesperia over here either (I mean, they say early 2009, but this wouldn’t be the first time we’ve been told something like that). And those bastards didn’t even make the game region free.