Blade: Trinity

Missy

Plot summary: When Blade is framed in a series of brutal killings, he must join forces with the Nightstalkers, a clan of human vampire hunters, to follow a trail of blood that leads directly to the notorious vampire legend, Dracula. Jessica Biel co-stars as Abigail, the daughter of Blade's mentor, Whistler, who inherits his vampire-slaying duties. The film also stars Ryan Reynolds as the Nightstalker, Hannibal King.

(source: NewLine.com)

Plot summary: Jessica Biel co-stars as Abigail, the daughter of Blade's mentor, Whistler, who inherits his vampire-slaying duties.

(source: NewLine.com)

I missed Blade 2 but didn't Whistler say in the first film that vampires killed his wife and daughters? Heck, I thought Whistler died in the first one.....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Brandon Schultz, president of ImajiMation Studios, liked Wesley Snipes' vampire hunter so much that he agreed to a severely abbreviated production schedule to make a three-minute cartoon for the upcoming feature "Blade: Trinity." It will be released as a DVD in the soundtrack album Nov. 23. (The movie comes out Dec. 10.)

"The take is just Blade and (rapper) RZA kicking butt on a bunch of vampires. ... Its a real good excuse to have a lot of fun," he said. "We got vampires with gold fangs!"

• 2 weeks later...
On the set of Blade: Trinity the actor's relationship with writer-director David Goyer was so contentious that in January, after the film had wrapped, Snipes wrote a five-page letter to New Line Cinema's co-chairman and founder, Bob Shaye, complaining about his treatment on the film. The letter, on stationery labeled "From the Desk of Dr. Wesley T. Snipes," outlined Snipes' concern that his character, Blade, had been sidelined in favor of "two new `younger' characters," played by Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds.

"As I recall, the movies are titled Blade and Wesley Snipes is the actor/artist that brought the comic book character to life," read the letter, whose contents were confirmed by two sources.

New Line executives declined comment. Goyer, who also wrote the first two Blade films, now shrugs it off.

(source)

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen the movie yet (opens Boxing day here in OZ) but heard an interview with Reynolds and Biel, who were out here doing the press junket. It was really good, even Biel who normally interviews poorly, was insightful.

Onc thing that kept resonating inside me was, what the hell is Reynolds doing with Alanis!! But seriously, I got the feeling neither of them are big Wesley Snipes fans, which isn't surprising.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone is probably over the movie by now, but I just saw it last night and thought I'd post my 2cents. I've done a good/bad point thing, because it's easier for me, sorry if people don't like that.

I can't see why Snipes was bitching about the nightstalkers. In the end, I think they had done all they could do with the character Blade, in movie form, so they had to use this movie as a vehicle to launch some other characters. I think this did it quite well.

Good.

Ryan Reynolds - He made me laugh at the character Hannibal, not Berg or Van Wilder, so well done. I think his fight scenes need to be tweaked a bit more, but as long as they have him in a more guns action(think die hard) as opposed to hand to hand then he could very well be a legitamate action hero.

Parker Posey - Sure she was playing the same character that she played in Dazed and Confused, but it worked. Plus, I'm naturally turned on by chicks with pronounced eye teeth or 'fangs' so I enjoyed her.

The shower scene - You know what I'm talking about.

Triple H - I know he got universally bagged for this, but I saw glimpses of talent there. It was like watching someone try and chat up a girl. When they stop trying and are just acting natural, it works a lot better.

Bad.

Triple H - I think they wrote too much for his character, considering it was his first movie. This isn't his fault, but I think it drew too much attention to his greeness.

The end sequence - I could write 2000 words on why this sucked, but I'll break it down into point form.

- Hannibal should have faught Danica(posey) not Jarko(HHH) from the start.

- Abigail helped Blade defeat Drake, so why did Drake congratulate him on a good fight?

- Drake talking about Blade being the solution all along. Wasn't that the story for the first movie??

- So did the disease just kill vampires in that building or will it eventually kill everyone??

Whistlers Office - Why did they show him spending so much time doing remote back-ups and destroying the computers if one of the nightstalkers wasn't at least going to mention the information they got from him?

All in all, thoroughly enjoyed it, and would actually go and see a nightstalker movie.