Missy

Saw it last night and I've got to say it's the best summer blockbuster type flick I've seen in years.

Too bad it is winter.

I'm not really a huge fan of 300 but I feel the LotR comparison is unfair. I despise LotR in their movie (and book) forms. 300 was better than that. Nerd blasphemy I know, but LotR compares to Star Wars in that aspect. The source materials create great stories... but are told horribly.

You're not alone. LotR sucked. They were ridiculous and drawn out. I was merely saying that if you took all the battle scenes from Lotr and put them together it might be in the league of 300.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a small portion of an article from Variety.com:

No one doubts that a host of similar movies will follow in the wake of "300." Miller himself is going over the final script with Rodriguez for the Weinstein Co.'s "Sin City 2," based on Miller's story "A Dame to Kill For," starring Jessica Alba in the title role. Miller is also prepping a follow-up to "300" based on another mythic tale from Greek history, but he won't divulge details. And he's planning to direct his adaptation of comic auteur Will Eisner's "The Spirit" for Odd Lot Entertainment after he finishes "Sin City 2."

First, I hope this proposed 300 follow-up isn't a sequel, loose or otherwise. Second, Alba's Nancy Callahan is not the title "dame" in Sin City 2. That would actually be Ava Lord, rumored to be played by either Angelina Jolie or Rachel Weisz.

Here's a small portion of an article from Variety.com:

No one doubts that a host of similar movies will follow in the wake of "300." Miller himself is going over the final script with Rodriguez for the Weinstein Co.'s "Sin City 2," based on Miller's story "A Dame to Kill For," starring Jessica Alba in the title role. Miller is also prepping a follow-up to "300" based on another mythic tale from Greek history, but he won't divulge details. And he's planning to direct his adaptation of comic auteur Will Eisner's "The Spirit" for Odd Lot Entertainment after he finishes "Sin City 2."

First, I hope this proposed 300 follow-up isn't a sequel, loose or otherwise. Second, Alba's Nancy Callahan is not the title "dame" in Sin City 2. That would actually be Ava Lord, rumored to be played by either Angelina Jolie or Rachel Weisz.

Shut up, you! The media never makes stupid mistakes like that!

I hope they can wrangle up the same cast for pretty much every character. There is probably only one or two that I wouldn't be sad about changing actresses. And they might not even be the same characters so much as grouped together in my mind as the same.

I, too, hope the follow-up isn't related to 300 in story at all. I'm really curious what myth has grabbed his attention.

The thing I like the most about Sin City is that they managed to find a role for Devon Aoki that she can actually perform--someone who doesn't talk.

Zing! She hasn't really have a big enough body of work for me to settle on a similar opinion of her, but I am not too far away from agreeing.