Best Nightmare on Elm Street

Best ever?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But (Jason) died as a child... right?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, he survived and lived as a hermit for 20 years or something. He basically raised himself.

I'm going on memory here (and memory is notorious for being unreliable which is why journalists are told to fact-check rather than rely on memory) so if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

• 4 weeks later...
Freddy vs Jason. 

Why?  Because Jason was in it.  No other reason is needed, really.

You silly Jason marks! Always pimping your hockey masked guy... :P

Seriously. Jason is no Freddy. Can Jason turn you into a roach? How about a cross between Johnny 5 and The Guyver? I thought not.

Jason doesn't NEED to turn you into a roach. He doesn't need ANY of that dream magic shit. He just kicks ass straight up, and that's why he's infinitely better.

Freddy killed people straight up, too. He just happened to be burned to death before the original NOES. He was a serial murderer/molester called the Springwood Slasher. As a silent killer, Michael Myers just slays Jason. Overall as a killer, Myers slays Jason, and Freddy slays Myers.

Movie wise, Halloween slays Friday the 13th, which slays the original Nightmare.

Freddy killed people straight up, too. He just happened to be burned to death before the original NOES. He was a serial murderer/molester called the Springwood Slasher.

Yeah, I know. Little kids. What a pussy.

As a silent killer, Michael Myers just slays Jason.  Overall as a killer, Myers slays Jason,

Ridiculous.

and Freddy slays Myers.

I'll give you that one.

Movie wise, Halloween slays Friday the 13th, which slays the original Nightmare.

True. But keep in mind Jason wasn't the killer in Friday the 13, so whether or not Halloween was better doesn't really reflect on him.

As a silent killer, Michael Myers just slays Jason.  Overall as a killer, Myers slays Jason,

Ridiculous.

When I looked at the quote again, I was sure that I had said more than that. Maybe I need to be more clear. Body count wise, Jason is the king. But as for a presence, Myers owns Jason. Jason doesn't have the it factor that Freddy has.