The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Oh man! That reminds me of the girl I "dated" on and off during high school. For our first outing, we planned to see a show after school. When we met up, however, she said she had to stop by a friend's house first. I thought, "No big deal. We'll be there for a few minutes, then we'll be off." Uh... no. Turns out she made two dates... on the same day... at the same time... without telling either of us guys.

Somehow he took it in stride, while I did not.

Really, that should have been a sign that she was bad news, but I was too young and stupid (and horny) to walk away from what was obviously going to be a messy situation.

He should have walked away too, because she dated him for five or six years, and cheated on him every chance she got.

Sounds like my first fiancee, not the double dating, but the cheating.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long assed rant ahead.

I really am getting sick and tired of living at home, I have no privacy and my mum keeps shouting at me about every little thing and just driving me nuts for no apparant reason. I can't tell her I dropped out because I just didn't have any passion for the course and couldn't afford to do something I was paying for by myself if I had no passion for the subject. My financial situation since my ex-uni took tuition fees unjustly from me and pretty much f-ing things up for me from now, till the end of time. The fact that I am in a gya relationship with someone who is of a different religion is also going to cause so many fucking terrible things, just thinking about it is making me feel so ill. I just wish I could leave home and never look back.

To give you a brief idea of what i deal with. My room is on a different floor from my mum, yet she still makes her way to my room to walk in, kick over my trash can and flip off all the switches in my room. I have no privacy here, it really is stressing me out so bloody badly.

There's always telling your parents, esp. your mom what doing those things do to you, and if that doesn't work, put a deadbolt on your door. LOL.

So, I've been going through Facebook stuff, adding friend requests and sending them off to the E-2'ers (I'm George Hatch, by the by), when I get to this in my profile page:

Luke....I'm your father.. Yeah I know too corny

Hi I'm the guy you've probably hated all your life. If you would like to get to know me the balls'just been dropped in your court.

I haven't seen my dad in almost 25 years. I don't hate him, but I can't imagine talking to him being anything more than intensely uncomfortable. I mean, I understand why he left (got married and had a kid way too young, plus my mom is not the greatest picture of psychological stability), yet I can't help but feel a little resentful. Still, he's my dad. And that corny little joke is exactly the one I would've made in his place.

I haven't felt this conflicted in a long time.

Oh man. I feel for you. I went through a very similar situation with my mother when I was about 12. She disappeared for years, and then suddenly wanted to be a part of my life again. I gave her a chance and we were on the track to fixing our relationship before she died shortly after.

I can't speak for your situation, but I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for him to actually put himself out there like that. No doubt he deserves some resentment, but you may find yourself asking "what if" later down the line if you choose not to give him a chance.

Good luck, dude.

I know how you feel.

We've never had contact with my mother's side of the family, because of stuff that happened when I was really little; hell, I didn't even know I had a mother's side to the family till high school. The only time they've ever gotten in contact with us was to tell my mother that her mother and father had died, where the funeral was... and then that she wasn't invited to it. There's been one of her sisters-in-law (I think?) that has been attempting to get in contact with us, though.

In this case, it's really up to you in the end, which really sucks. Because, on the one hand, you probably want to find out a little bit about him, but on the other hand, there's years of issues on the other hand. I'm kind of in the same situation right now.

*hugs*

If you need to talk/rant, feel free.

So, I've been going through Facebook stuff, adding friend requests and sending them off to the E-2'ers (I'm George Hatch, by the by), when I get to this in my profile page:

Luke....I'm your father.. Yeah I know too corny

Hi I'm the guy you've probably hated all your life. If you would like to get to know me the balls'just been dropped in your court.

I haven't seen my dad in almost 25 years. I don't hate him, but I can't imagine talking to him being anything more than intensely uncomfortable. I mean, I understand why he left (got married and had a kid way too young, plus my mom is not the greatest picture of psychological stability), yet I can't help but feel a little resentful. Still, he's my dad. And that corny little joke is exactly the one I would've made in his place.

I haven't felt this conflicted in a long time.

Shit man. That's tough.

I would echo sentiments that it may be uncomfortable but you can always do it and regret it later but you could always do it and add another positive thing in your life. If you don't and you ever want to, you may not be able to. That you'll regret for sure.

Take it from someone who's been there - talk to him. It could go one of two ways - either it'll be incredibly awkward and you'll have wasted your time, or you could open that door and have it lead to something really good. A wasted afternoon is worth the potential upside. It can't have been easy for him to initiate things, so at least you know there's some effort he's willing to make.

Why is it I'm slowing realising that leaving my course wothout knowing what I am going to be doing for the rest of the year was not one of the best ideas I ever had.

Shit.

I still for some reason am paying tuition fees that I can't afford and now have nothing to show for it, and need to try and get in a new course fast and find a job within two weeks, when I haven't been able to find one in six months of looking because I am terrible at interviews.

Jesus, how did you meet her Dubs?

Myspace, of all things. She messaged me about my profile song, and we got to talking about video games for a bit.

THEN I discovered that she's a fairly well known model and astoundingly gorgeous, and my chances dipped into the core of the Earth, but I don't really care. She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.

In all seriousness, I am NOT getting this girl. I'm not even going to attempt to. Even if it weren't for the fact that she was already in a relationship, she is so astoundingly out of my league it's not even funny.

I just found someone that threatened to unhinge the balance of Beckinsale and had to tell the world.

I appreciate the encouragement, but I am more than content just talking to her once in a while.

I'm all for believing in one's self, but the fact is that even if I was the essence of studliness (which every single one of you on Facebook can clearly see, I am not), a broke writer living at home and a smoking hot model that's been on the cover of several magazines do not a couple make. Like I said, she has a boyfriend anyway, so it's a non-issue.

I've accepted my lot in love for the foreseeable future and honestly, I'm going insane being alone, but I know that I need to be alone right now. There are more important things for me to deal with and I need to take care of myself before I can even imagine taking care of someone else.

On a lighter note, I think there should be an award for most avatar changes... ;)