The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The other day there was a woman in her 60s with a large-ish dog that I ran past twice, and both times I was coming up from behind her. Did she place her dog in my way to protect herself, did she loosen the leash because I spooked her, did she act like a complete sidewalk-hogging bitch? No. She gently reigned her dog in, to protect him, and greeted me as I jogged past.

My Skype browser refuses to connect. I've checked the username/password against the website and that's fine. I reinstall Skype to make sure it isn't an update problem, yet the browser still won't connect. There isn't a problem with my broadband nor any firewall issues and my computer is ticking a long just fine.

Until this is fixed, I can't record Shake & Blake. And no jokes please, I'm not in the mood...

Have you checked your firewall? There's always a chance that it's not letting through the connect.

Alternately, track down an old version of the software and try installing that instead.

Almost simultaneously with your post, someone on the Skype forums said that their virus protection had blocked Skype through it's firewall. Same virus protection I have!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a new job at a hotel that zaps my time and energy 100 fold. I 'm a restaraunt host and sometimes Starbuck barista, the latter which requires me to be there at 5:30 in the morning. Latey I've been called in to work at Starbucks more and more, requiring me to go to sleep earlier/wake up earlier. So more and more of my time circles around making sure I prepare for work enough. If the place is busy, I don't leave until there are no customers around and there's nothing else to do, regardless on whether or not it's time for me to bounce. It pays pretty well, but it really is taking up a lot of my time and energy, and dealing with people generally sucks as they're mainly concerned about themselves. I've been working days on end, with no forewarning of the schedule to tell when I next get a day off. I know I should be thankful I even have a job and I am, but damn this is really killing me.

Juat taking a moment to whine about something that's probably not that bad a thing.

So, had some oral surgery today.

The root canal resulting in a post/fake tooth I got 13-ish years ago somehow fused to my jaw bone. Which meant that in order to replace it with something more permanent, first they had to hammer the post into pieces, pounding on my jaw with a small hammer. My upper jaw.

I'm ina lot of fucking pain right now and I can barely speak with the cosmetic flipper tooth I have in my mouth. Should make this week's episode fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruptured my Achilles tendon playing mixed netball on Thursday night. I've been operated on but am on bed ridden for 10 days keep the foot elevated. I won't be able to drive for 8-10 weeks and can't run for 6-12 months. I'm in a moon boot with crutches. You would think having over a week to watch tv and play video games would be fun, but the immobility really plays on your mind. Everything is an effort. Was fine when I was in the hospital as you have people waiting on you night and day, but once you are home, it's a whole new deal.