The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I have two weeks to find a place to live as I am out of the basement at the end of the month, I've been looking for a few months and can't find a place that isn't too pricey, in a bad part of town or doesn't outright suck. Worse comes to worse I do have family and family friends who would be willing to temporarily take me in but I don't want to be a freeloader or a leach.

<_< , Ow.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate iTunes with a passion. I've had nothing but problems since my first iPod 2 years ago. For the last 6 months or so it started deleting podcasts right after downloading it when it's supposed to move it from downloading to the library(which it used to do automatically and stopped for some reason). I have to re-download them because they just aren't there. Sometimes it will download them, and then lose it without giving me the option of re-downloading it. I then have to re subscribe and start over and lose all the shows I had. I wish there were other programs that automatically downloaded and puts things where there supposed to but the iPod uses proprietary software. There are homebrew programs but they all suck or don't do what I need it to. I wish my iPod would hurry up and die so I can get a Zune.

Fuck you Apple.

well I've probably mentioned this before, but even though I'm "Technically" finished for the summer(or for good, i might not be allowed to do my second year as the numbers will be halved) and i still have to go in and hand in pieces of work and make sure i passed them.

well i go in on Friday, (This seems OK, compared to what happened to Yoda that day) well i go in and i have to do some work for my pr class, well i sit down to do it, and i suck at pr. I do the work for an hour and a half straight, and I'm actually write something that might just make a bit of sense and start to get what I'm doing. What happens is i look over what i wrote and make edits in spelling and clean up other stuff in it and get ready to send the work.

I save the work and create the link to send it, and when i attach the document it says "the file could not be found..." so i see the files in front of me, and i copy and paste the work into another folder. I save this folder and try and send the original file again and again"this file could not be found" the file then shuts and i say "Shit but it's OK, i have the back up..." i also brought my external hard drive to college and save both these files to their. worried about the work i send the other file "this file could not be found..." i get worried so i shut the folder thinking i have the back ups in my hard drive i close the word files. i open the hard drive and open the files and....blank screens! :shocked:

I got really angry an hour of work that i find really hard, possibly the hardest thing Ive ever had to do, and it fucking shuts down!

there's more.

this pr class i have to do a 1500 word PR essay on Glasgow, which is really hard. I also have to do a schematic report which i don't know how to do, as the class that was meant to teach us how to do the reports was a fucking shambles and the report ties that class and another together so if i fail the report, i fail two classes!

These things are really stressing me the fuck out and if I'm stressed out how the hell can i do the work, as i cant think straight.

if i cant think straight then the work will be wrong and i will fail it :grumble: and have to redo it.

i am in a catch twenty two, i cant do the work as I'm stressed about it, and I'm stressed as i cant do the work.

i just want to scream.

sorry for the language.

2 things:

1. I want to download a pdf, but it's only available as a torrent. My work blocks torrents(along with most downloads).

2. Firefox 3 crashes 50% of the time I close the browser on both of my computers. The release candidate right before launch didn't crash at all. It's annoying as hell.

I just heard a Kurt Cobain song advertising a video game.

Sigh.

How else is Courtney Love going to support her drug addiction?

I always assumed there was some sort of cash-for-sexual-favors exchange happening.

I just heard a Kurt Cobain song advertising a video game.

Sigh.

How else is Courtney Love going to support her drug addiction?

More like how else is Krist Novoselic going to afford dinner?

I heard he plays bass at childrens' parties.

Short screaming session today-Well i have one more day to an essay for college, which is possible, that's not my complaint.

i get my new phone and don't know how to set up the alarm, i think I've done it properly, so i go to sleep expecting it to work.

I hear the alarm and set it to snooze for five minutes, as that's what i used to do with my old phone, well the fucker shut itself off. I woke up several hours later and too late to go out and do this thing.

F**king phone. But it's partly me fault because i was lazy.

also i went to a new comic book shop today and picked up a dark knight batman action figure, one of the small ones.

It costs me £8 and i opened it today, it is a piece of crap. does anyone remember the Darth Vader figures, from the early ninety's?

Well its like that except not as good.

What a piece of crap, as if i wasn't broke enough i buy that crap.

so what I'm saying is if your going to get a Dark Knight figure, get the bigger statue ones. Oh and these small kid sized pieces of crap, and yes i know these are for kids, but dammit i'm sad!

God that figure was so crap.

the cape is like the Darth Vader one, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was reused from them!

the only thing that is keeping me happy is my copy of Gotham knight should be delivered next week!

dam figure.

i snuck away from work today and went to Gamestop. I bought the Best of RPGs for the PC. It has 6 games including Septerra Core which I loved. I go to install it and there are only 3 games. It's missing one of the discs. Of course it's the one with the games I actually want to play. I shall be contacting the publisher soon.

Not a rant, so much, as a mild annoyance.

My twelve-year-old son is in the next room, ostensibly sleeping like he's supposed to. However, he is either under the impression that the room is soundproofed, or that his old man is an idiot, because otherwise he would know that I can hear quite clearly the R-rated movie he knows he is not supposed to be watching.

I shall rather enjoy ruining his day.

HA! That's great, Dan! Here's an idea: if you have easy access to your circuit breakers, briefly cut the power in your place. After you return power to your home, see if he turns the TV back on or continues to pretend he's asleep.

HA! That's great, Dan! Here's an idea: if you have easy access to your circuit breakers, briefly cut the power in your place. After you return power to your home, see if he turns the TV back on or continues to pretend he's asleep.

That's a thought, but in truth, it's much more fun to burst in on him and watch him fumble in vain for a reasonable explanation as to why it's not what it looks like.

Which is what I did. :devil:

A lot of "Bah.... duh... but I'm... I'm just... SIGH."

You see, I just don't understand what I'm talking about. I don't understand what the kids are doing these days. His MOM lets him stay up until four a.m. and watch whatever he WANTS. (I'll be sure he's in the room when I discuss this with his mother tomorrow. That will be fun.) *I* don't let him do ANYTHING.

Christ, is he ever twelve.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst job interview ever!

you know things are bad when during the call part of the interview you say "fucking train wreck" and two different supervisors hear you, one on the phone and one walking passed you!

Edit: I just found out by e-mail, that i didn't get the job.

Well, that was a waste of three hours of my life.

Edited by suavestar