The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I just had to say good-bye to my beloved dog, Hershey. We took her to vet this morning, because she had been sick. The vet took some x-rays and found a massive tumors in her chest. Rather than letting her suffer anymore, we decided to let her sleep peacefully for ever more. The vet let us be with her as she left this world, which was a huge comfort to me. This summer when my brother is home on leave, we are taking her ashes up to the family cabin where her spirit can run through the woods and chase rabbits for all eternity.

Hershey was the best dog I ever had and enjoyed every minute of her 14 years and 3 months on this Earth. In terms of dog years, she was over 100. I happy to know that she is no longer suffering and is in a better place, wherever it may be. I will miss her greatly.

Rest in peace Hershey, my oldest, most faithful friend.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is more directed at myself than anyone or anything else, but i need to vent and i guess the internet is a good place.

this has been building up for awhile and lately it's been getting worse, and i really don't know why. it feels like i've gotten to a point in my life where i just don't care about anything anymore. it seems that i have become completely detached and dissassociative with the world and people around me. i used to love my job, infact i loved it enough to go back after leaving the first time, but it feels like i've nothing to show for it except a chest full of medals, which sure at work means respect because i have more than most, but outside of work they're just awards for killing other people. it just seems like my job has become a monotonous cycle of going to play in the sandbox and then coming home to nothing.

my secondary life, aka home, since i seem to live two different lives depending on my souroundings of being at work or home, seems to get worse everytime i visit. i no longer identify with the people i used to call friends, my family honestly have become just other people to me with no personal sentimental attachments.

i guess i just always thought i would have more to show at this point of my life, instead i'm divorced, no longer talk to family or friends, and even though i woul lay my life down without a moments hesitation for the men i work with, i honestly can't stand to be around any of them.

the question of where i go from here is something i ask myself everyday, and i never have the answer.

CV, your post just tripped every alarm in my head. Armed Forces these days are very, very good about providing psychological counseling to soldiers (or at least claim to be) and you really need to avail yourself of their services. It's not going to be an instant fix, and it's not going to be easy, but if you come home in this state, the transition to civilian life will be extremely rough. Just realize that this is not a unique condition and any halfway decent psychoanalyst should be able to help you out and, more importantly, get you a group of like minded people whom you can share your experiences with and understand where you are at.

Please, do not try and deal with this alone.

it's also become as much a physical thing as well as mental. i no longer run or lift weights, even though the gym used to be one of the funnest things to me. i'm thinking of waiting to see how i feel after this next deployment i'm leaving for in June. as weird as it sounds being in combat environment always seems to center me.

CVskin, maybe you could go to college and study towards a degree? Your military background will also help with future employers, as you will be shown to be a team player and can follow orders and are disciplined.

i've actually done that after my first enlistment. i had a scholarship to Duke University. i didn't finish though, just wasn't for me

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I continue to shoot myself in the foot.

Our major assignment for TV Doc. is due on Tuesday, I need to take care of some filming still. I went today to sign a camera out for the weekend....and they're all booked out. Since the weekend this week stretches from Thursday night-Tuesday morning I wont be able to get any filming done unless I luck out big time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent this to the national disciplinary chair of the frat I'm forced to live with:

"Mr. _____:

I am not a member of the [insert Frat name here] organization, nor am I a Greek in any organization, but I am a college student and I am a resident of a building shared with a chapter of [insert Frat name here].

I'm a Senior at Ripon College, and as we are a residential campus, we share some pretty standard dormitories with the Greek groups on campus. I've spent three years as a member of the Residence Life department here, and while I no longer work with the department, I am extremely familiar with the policies and procedures of the Ripon College Campus, as well as the State of Wisconsin.

My point is this: The Ripon College Chapter of [insert Frat name here] is an embarrassment to the name your national organization has cultivated. The men in this chapter have spent the last four years systematically destroying the building they've been assigned, treating college staff with the utmost disrespect and generally making life unpleasant for the poor souls, both Greek and Independent, that share a building with them.

The final straw came Saturday, April 10th, when after another dubious fund raising event turned excuse to get drunk, the brothers here held a "Graffiti Party" in their portion of the building. This, in and of itself is not an issue, but the utter disrespect shown by the organization for the other members of the building and for the staff of the college is out and out pathetic. The police were called on a couple of separate occasions, and at least one brother left the building in handcuffs.

If that wasn't enough, the chapter is now staging a protest as they believe that they simply do not have to adhere to College policy.

I am aware that I am literally a nobody to you, sir. And you likely have had no dealings with this particular chapter, but I feel this is simply something that needs to be shared with the organization that these men supposedly represent. I implore you, or at least someone within your organization to take a closer look at this chapter, as I don't believe they truly represent "... an association for the development of the nobler powers of the mind, the finer feelings of the heart, and for the promotion of friendship and congeniality of feeling," as the preamble to your groups founding constitution states.

I thank you for your time, sir.

Sincerely,

Preston M. Nelson"

Dear classmates, if I ask someone to record some audio for me. And you hear a beeping sound, don't choose that fucking moment to actually shout over them while talking to the person next to you about what was on TV last night for fucks sake.

Edit: In retrospect, I should have just done the interview elsewhere. And I didn't actually say anything to the person in question, which was a good thing, as I would have probably acted angrily. It's just been a stressful day.

Fuck you, Ryan McCool.

When you don't show up for your shift, and I have to leave, I WILL lock the lab, and I WILL post a note on the door saying it is closed because of YOU BEING AN ASS WHO ALWAYS, ALWAYS HAS SOME KIND OF BULLSHIT, LAST MINUTE EMERGENCY.

Fuck you.

EDIT: And now he wants to pick a fight with me over texts. And Sims won't answer his fucking phone.

EDIT 2: I will not work with you anymore. I will quit if I have to. I went out on a limb to get you this job, and you have been nothing but a pain in my ass. You are the source of constant drama, you come and go as you please, you are a liar (and not a good one), you are creepy and weird, and you can't do the easiest job on EARTH correctly.

And I seem to be the only one this legitimately upsets, as everyone else seems to take the stance, "Meh, fuck it. Who cares."

I fucking care. I fucking care about having to deal with your constant ineptitude. I fucking care that I have an alarm clock fuck up and get my ass handed to me, but you have one problem or another EVERY. FUCKING. WEEK. AND. NOTHING. HAPPENS. TO. YOU. EVAAAAR.

And by the way, what I do with my schedule is NONE of your concern. Yeah, I said it. Why the double standard? Because (1) I've been here for over three years - I earned a flexible schedule; (2) after Mike, I am the senior-most person in this lab - I'm not the boss of you, but I'm a direct line to the boss, he listens (or at least pretends to) when I tell him who's fucking up; (3) exactly NEVER has a schedule change on my part affected you. Fuck off.

All this over - get this - A DRIPPING, CLOGGED SINK. Pour some Drain-O down there, put a bucket under it, and MOVE THE FUCK ON. "I need to call my repair man." Fuck you, douchebag. Like you could afford one; did you forget that your excuse for not coming in AT ALL one day last week was that your electricity was out, and you were using your phone as an alarm clock, and your phone was going to die because you couldn't charge it, so you COULDN'T COME IN AT ALL?!

Remember the time you had swine flu? Lupus? Mono? 104-degree fever? Your sister died?

Remember all those fucking lies?

And I'm supposed to respond to a text that says "I'll get there when I can" how, exactly? Should I be in prostration to the amazing god of excuses and/or woeful circumstances that you think you are?

Fuck you.