The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was a groomsman in my friends weddings earlier today. As such, I had to spend most of the evening with the wedding party taking pictures and generally standing around. The entire time one of the bridesmaids is starting conversations with me and apparently hitting on me. Now that never happens so I had no idea at first. So once the reception started, we danced and sat down and were talking when another groomsman keeps interrupting the conversation blatantly. After a while we go to dance again and he cuts in. Rinse, repeat. He cut into 4 dances. She finally told him to piss off, but still.

When we all left, I get a text thanking me for being a cockblock all night. Naturally this pissed me off, but I didn't respond. I will wait until he sobers up. If he brings it up again, which he most likely will since he is like that, I will polly go off on him. Asshat.

I think I just got busted on a speed trap last night. Great, between the fact that I don't have a job past 2 weeks from now, manditory payments begin on my student loans at that time, and that James & I don't have a roommate again I'm so fucked for money. Somebody hire me damnit.

So I'm driving home from work and all of the sudden my airbag light turns on. Ten seconds later, my entire dashboard dies and I'm able to pull the car to the shoulder just in time for the entire thing to die. I'm literally one mile from my house but the tow guy still charges me EIGHTY FUCKING DOLLARS just to get it to the Midas down the street.

I work an hour away from my house and I'm majorly fucked if this is something serious.

So yeah, turns out my alternator (which I just replaced not even a year ago) has completely died AND killed my battery AND burned through a bunch of wires.

Estimate: Around $800.

Fuck my life.

That sucks, man.

The brakes on my car are officially screwed, to the point where the car is practically undrivable. And I don't have the money to fix them. So unless I get bailed out by my family, I won't be able to go to school or even go out and get a job so I can get money to fix the brakes. UGH.

Yeah, they basically told me to go fuck myself. According to them, it's been a year and two weeks, so I'm out of luck. I have half a mind to go down there and bitch them out, but... no car, and the place that I took it to isn't going to give it back until I cough up the money.

It amazes me that it's 2010 and they still don't let you pay in installments.

Firstly Mike, I'm glad you put those in descending order of significance, good man, methodical as ever.

Secondly, despite what you say my research indicates that this person is less of a stranger than you might claim. Indeed, on Facebook he's listed as your friend. Maybe you want to start your story over from the beginning Mr Sims, and this time don't leave anything out.

Thirdly, holy shit a drive-by? What happened?

Secondly, despite what you say my research indicates that this person is less of a stranger than you might claim. Indeed, on Facebook he's listed as your friend. Maybe you want to start your story over from the beginning Mr Sims, and this time don't leave anything out.

Glade's a good guy. It's the Samuel Briggs fellow from his comments that I'm talking about. I'm not Facebook friends with him, nor do I know him in real life.

I'll tell the drive-by and McDonald's fight story a little later. Right now I have to get ready for the gym.

Guest TFG1Mike

I'll tell the drive-by and McDonald's fight story a little later. Right now I have to get ready for the gym. I need to keep myself fit enough to punch criminals in the face. I'm Batman.

POTD! :bowdown: