The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I'll tell the drive-by and McDonald's fight story a little later. Right now I have to get ready for the gym. I need to keep myself fit enough to punch criminals in the face. I'm Batman.

POTD! :bowdown:

First of all, He's the god damn batman. And second of all, I already outed him. There seems to be recurring theme of Mike=Batman on the boards.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shana's job is to write reviews / profiles of business, which takes her all over the city. Yesterday she had to visit three places, two of which were in a very ugly neighborhood, so I offered to drive her around.

We found the first one, and she hopped out of the car to take some pictures of the storefront. I noticed the other place was just up the block, so I pointed it out to her. Having finished the other place, she walked north, crossing the street, while I drove the car over there. I parked the car, while she went inside.

As I sat there I noticed a bunch of kids (they couldn't have been older than 12) all dressed the same (long white shirts with white pants) looking at something down the street. From my vantage point, I couldn't tell what it was, but I did see a group of guys (all about 17) jumping up and down laughing. Had the kids not started to back away, I would have blown it off, but something felt wrong. These kids looked worried but excited, so I kept looking. At the same time I kept eying the door to the bar Shana entered, hoping she stayed inside or came out right away, because I knew something very bad was about to happen.

From around the south corner came two or three Latin guys (20-ish, maybe) minding their own business. They started walking north, towards whatever was happening. The kids in white followed a few feet behind.

A minute or so passed, and the Latin guys head south again (back towards me) with a woman. Someone from down the block started calling her names: "Fucking bitch," "Whore," the like. The woman turned around but didn't say anything. She just stared back at them, like, What the fuck?

I kept one eye on the woman and another on the bar door (waiting for Shana to pop out), all while trying to see who's saying what and how bad this is about to get.

Deciding this will not end well, I swung the car to the opposite side of the street. So now I'm in front of the bar and on the same side all this is happening.

Back on the side I just came from, a very heavy woman (who was waiting for the bus) looked up the block and muttered, "Shhhit." Somehow I could hear her over the traffic and street noise.

Then it's all a blur: the kids in white came running back down the block, with a girl their age following. The Latin man and woman stepped into the street (in front of my car), and look back down the block. Not three second later, an old SUV (like the kind you see hunters driving) whipped around the corner and slowed next to the Latin guy, who points down the block. The SUV took off. From my rear-view mirror I could see another car (something grey and fancy) cut it off. Tires squealed. Someone yelled. A moment later: POP! Then another POP!

In one hand was my phone, in the other was the steering wheel. I drove around the south corner while calling Shana.

"What's going on," she asked.

"Stay in there," I demanded. "Just - Just stay in there until I tell you to, okay?"

"What is it?"

"There was a drive-by. Up the block, something - I don't know - there were shots. Just stay in there."

"Are you okay," she wanted to know.

"I'm fine. Jittery, but fine. I'll come around in a minute, as soon as I know everyone's cleared out."

Maybe two minutes later cops swarmed the area, and I called Shana back, telling her to hurry out. She came promptly, and we got the hell out of there.

About two hours later, I dropped her off at her place, and drove back home. From there, I parked my car, grabbed my bag, and headed towards the train station. (The plan was for me to stay at her apartment, but I can't park there, so I needed to take the train back.) Before I boarded the train, however, I wanted to get some food. Since there's a McDonald's attached to the CTA station, I figured I'd get some Nuggets.

Ahead of me was a guy placing a large, picky order: light salt on the fries, no ketchup on one burger, no pickles on another, etc. Behind me, a Middle Eastern fellow was on his phone. He was pacing.

Even though he's paid for his order, the picky guys continued to stand in front of the register. He didn't move even after the employee asked me for my order. It was only when I took a step forward that he walked to the side.

I quickly placed my order, and waited next to the picky guy.

The Middle Eastern fellow asked for a glass of water, but the clerk told him he has to buy a bottle of water. Matter-of-factly, he said, "I'm fasting. Can't I have water?"

"Sorry. Only bottled water."

A little frustrated, he handed over two dollars.

The clerk pulled a bottle of Dasani from the fridge, and attempted to hand it to the faster. He took one look at it and said, "Oh no! That kind tastes bad."

"It's... water," says the clerk.

"No no. It tastes funny. I'll - I'll have a soda. Whatever."

Since the guy paid two bucks for the water, the employee tired to hand him a large cup, but it was turned away, too: "The medium is fine."

As the Muslim fellow walked behind me and the first guy, said guy says to the faster, "What the fuck is your problem?"

Quickly turning on his heels, the faster barked, "What did you say?!"

I sighed.

Again, the first guy demanded, "What the fuck is your problem?"

Now mind you, this is coming from a guy who placed a picky order himself.

The Middle Eastern man pointed, "You don't know who you're messing with!"

"Whatever!"

Fed up, the faster walked over to the soda station to fill up his cup.

I leaned over to the guy who started the mess and said, "He's fasting."

He gave me an Ohhhh look, finally getting why the guy wanted only water and was picky about how much soda he could consume.

With his cup full, the faster returned: "No, really, what did you say to me?!"

"Nothing. I'm sorry." But it wasn't genuine. It was sarcastic and catty.

"You better be! You don't know me! You don't know who the fuck I am!"

At that point I had had enough, and I stepped between them: "You know what? I'm done! I've had a shit day! I'm not fuckin with you; I saw a fuckin drive-by earlier today, and I'm done! I'm so fucking done with yelling and arguing and fucking fighting and bullshit! So. Just. Fucking. Stop!"

"I'm fasting," he loudly explained to me.

"I know. I know."

"And this fucking Jew is talking shit!"

"That's it!" I grabbed my Nuggets from a different clerk (who gave me a nervous Thank you for trying! smile), and walked away.

I tried. Anything that happened after I left, I washed my hands of. At that point I just wanted to eat my food, ride the train, and see my woman again.

So, yeah, that was yesterday for me.

I'm sorry, did I say Batman? I meant Preston. Mike, stop trying to be Preston.

I don't think Mike drinks that much. I don't think Boris Yeltsin ever drank that much. Not that that's a bad thing.

Hey.

...Shut up. If I wasn't so drunk, I'd be very offended, right now.

I read the article you linked to on Facebook, Chris, and I have to say, yeah, fucking stupidity.

Also, I didn't notice it, until it was pointed out, but why is the girl in the back reading Marvel previews?

Because the guys doing the advertising for the ad know shit about comics. Hence why they're reading comics.

• 3 weeks later...

He failed his exam resit, instead of coming back on Sunday, he's not coming back at all. Which means I'm going to have to move back in with my mum, as I can't afford the flat on my own.

I don't know where I stand right now. And there is a chance I may never see him again. Fuck.

*Hug* I'm sure it will be alright Austen. I know it sucks but believe it will happen because it will.

So, I had a customer complain about me today and I got sent home early. The fucked up part is that I was nice to this woman, I was calm, I didn't get even remotely irrate with her. She was just pissed off because my explanation for her problem wasn't what she wanted to hear. So, I've learned today that I should just be a spineless yes man or else people will complain you were trying to help them. Seriously, fucked up and if I lose my job over this, I'm going to lose it since I have been nothing but a good seller. So yeah, fucked up and if my managers don't care that I have too witnesses to say that I was nothing but good, then that tremor you feel will be me.

Spent most of the day in the hospital. Michelle (girl I'm seeing) woke up in intense pain. By the time I finally convinced her to go the hospital, it was noonish. So, turns out it's kidney stones, which we found out at like... 6. I'm glad it's something minor, but what a fucking day.

urgh. Long time since I've actually had something worth venting over, but this is a good one. My Paypal and ebay were hacked (two different passwords) and about £300 spent. The only item actually identified was an iTunes gift card worth $50, which had the code off the back emailed directly to me (maybe as a thank you? I don't know I'm not going to use it). Paypal resolution centre is pretty good, so I'll get the cash back, but its the irritation of changing my passwords, plus the sheer blind panic when I realised what was happening. I've got multiple passwords for stuff of varying security, and they broke my two most upper ones, the ones I only use for dealing with money, the genuinely tough ones.

It's been about 8 years since someone did something like this to me, when some dick used my old credit card to buy a printer. I guess maybe I'd got complacent, but I was completely shocked to see this happening again.

edit- Just checked my bank account, and they actually haven't charged it to me yet, so I've actually lost no money. Huh.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I heroically saved my laptop from falling over when I accidentally knocked over the table it was on. Today I find that when I grabbed it, two drops of the drink in my other hand splashed onto the screen and rolled down inside creating water marks. Like I don't have enough shit to pay for already.

"When did you become my boss?"

So glad you asked that question. You see, I've actually been the department lead for the better part of six months. You'd know this if you ever showed up to meetings, but since this job is such a gigantic joke to you, I can understand how you may have better things to do with your time.

And you're in luck! Next week, my promotion will go through, meaning that I will, in fact, be your boss, and I can assure you that you'll have plenty of free time on your hands from that point forward.