The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

On the flip side, being unemployed going on 3 weeks now is getting to be fucking terrible.

-I have $200 left to my name in order to eat food

-I owe James in excess of $500 (and growing) for back rent

-I got my parents on my ass daily as if I wasn't TRYING to find a job (they're just trying to help but it gets frustrating)

-I got student loans to start paying off at the end of next month

-It is becoming increasingly unlikely that I will be able to make it to c2e2. Which SUCKS.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So here are the highlights of my day:

When I get to work, I find out that my department has been fucked over by a new assistant manager. When I call her on it, I am told to "mind my own business". I am told this in front of the store manager, so she gets reprimanded, but still puts me a a fowl mood.

Get called to help the security person. We stop the shoplifter. He is going back to get processed when he decides to turn around and run for it. In the process of that he gets out of the building by going through me. All for a bottle of cologne.

Get back from lunch and my back stiffens up and my neck is throbbing. Then I get a bad headache. Go to the chiropractor and find out that I am so far out of alignment that one leg is a full inch shorter than the other. Fun!

Then go to my parents house to feed the cat while they are on vacation. Once there I find a destroyed mail box. Now, my dad rigged a damn near illegal mallbox and post. So for this to be destroyed, something big had to have happened. And three house down I see a fucked up car in the middle of the yard. Now I spend my next few hours talking to my neighbors, calling my parents, filling out a accident report, ect.

Now as I sit on my couch, my headache has come back and my neck has started to hurt again. And my roommate has apparently taken all the aspirin that was in the house.

I think I need to just go and sleep until Friday.

*hugs* It'll be okay. Who do you want Will to brutally smash in?

I don't want to go into details, but I just found out my other half, is a fucking arsehole cheating prick. And I just found out how deep it went. Basically, I believe that everything he's told me over the past two years about himself, is a near complete fucking lie.

It's true... Justin Beiber released an autobiography. [/trying to get you to laugh]

:lol:

I don't want to go into details, but I just found out my other half, is a fucking arsehole cheating prick. And I just found out how deep it went. Basically, I believe that everything he's told me over the past two years about himself, is a near complete fucking lie.

Fuck, Austen I'm so sorry.

I've sort of found out the whole truth now. He was a lying bastard, and still lied to me, even when I confronted him, he still kept things hidden. Thankfully, when I shouted at him very loudly, something hopefully went in, and me telling him, I would never do anything like that to him, because I would never want to hurt anyone like that.

I know this is going to make me sound like an idiot, but I'm still with him. I just care about him too much. However, I have told him, if he ever does anything like that again, he is fucking gone, and he is still not forgiven, and I think he is a horrible person, who is lucky I haven't told everyone what he is really like.

So yeah, this week has been one to forget.

Apparently, there is a fifth-grade youth football team in Colorado that went 6-0 and were forbidden from participating in their district playoffs because they were too good. They are going to get an honorary trophy for having a great season, but the powers-that-be are forcing them to not play in the playoffs and letting the next best two teams play for the championship.

This is utter bullshit for several reasons. First off, what does this say to the kids who played so well and earned that perfect record? "Oh, you're just too good and we don't want the other kids getting their feelings hurt." Who CARES if their feelings get hurt? LIFE AIN'T FAIR. In the business world, if you don't learn to evolve your business and do better than your competitors, you're gone, and no one gives a fuck if your feelings get hurt. Secondly, they are robbing another group of kids of the opportunity to beat the best team. It's sports. The best teams often don't win the ultimate prize because an upstart team worked harder and just plain beat them. How awesome would it have been if another team had risen up and beaten the juggernaut team? We won't know because they won't get that chance to prove themselves.

Seriously, how the hell does this help anyone?

That is FUCKED UP SHIT.

SERIOUSLY, all this new-age "life should be easy and your feelings should never be hurt" crap should crawl in a hole and DIE.

Besides, what about the team that was barred from the championship? What message are THEY getting? "If you work hard and do your best, you'll end up worse off than everyone else"?

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be alright Austen. Life is a road and if you don't hit the bumps occasionally, then you don't have the driving skills to survive the curves when you hit them. It's not a perfect metaphor.

It has just been a really shit couple of months for me. And spending two hours travelling each day is really starting to grate on me for classes.

Also, have all my projects and paperwork starting to be due in over the next few weeks, which is really stressful to think about. If that makes sense.

My theory? Life may suck but, it's better than the alternative.

This is true.

I've had to

So, one of my wheels got stolen Thursday. My front two tires were already on their last legs, so I needed to get them replaced. The stolen tire was down to its treads, so I got paid on Friday and went to get three tires replaced. Of course, since one of my wheels was stolen, I don't have a rim for one of my tires.

I've been driving on a donut ever since. There are, of course, several issues here.

1) I've already used this spare far beyond its life span. You're only supposed to put about 50 miles on the thing. I've probably put 500 on it.

2) Used rims are fucking impossible to find. That's not hyperbole. It is actually impossible to find used rims on the weekend. All of the junkyards are closed, and they're the only place that has any.

3) I drive about 80 miles every day to and from work.

Fuck my life.

Cherry brandy is an abomination unto God and it should all be burned.

Also to be burned is any place that makes specialty cocktails and doesn't list the freaking ingredients. NEVER AGAIN.

Okamiden's going back to the store, too, unfortunately, as it's got three stirkes: Giving me headaches that make me unable to play for more than a half hour at a time, major language barrier, and not being clear about the brush thing in non-cutscene triggering instances. Gonna wait till it comes out Stateside.