The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to power through it by reading the comics for the next Grumpy Old Fans, and I can barely spell or write.

Right now I'm sitting in the dark, and it's relieving some of the pain, but not quick enough. And I'm still ill. Thankfully, Shana's gonna come by with some Aleve. I don't know if that'll work, though.

I'm trying to power through it by reading the comics for the next Grumpy Old Fans, and I can barely spell or write.

Right now I'm sitting in the dark, and it's relieving some of the pain, but not quick enough. And I'm still ill. Thankfully, Shana's gonna come by with some Aleve. I don't know if that'll work, though.

How you feeling now?

I'm a regular migraine sufferer. I typically have one a week, with varying severity. However, once or twice a year, I get one that lasts a few days, the only relief coming when I take Excedrine Tension Headache. The tension headache formula is better than the migraine one, since I can take more of those, so I use that. I know when a bad one is coming on, though, because I have the luxury of an aura, which might be partly what you're experiencing, Mike. It's almost impossible to read when you have one, because areas in your field of vision begin to fluctuate or fade out all together. Within a half an hour, a pain that is impossible to describe arrives. I've learned to take those pain killers the second my vision starts getting wonky.

However, it sometimes isn't enough, especially when I get a visit from the big kahunas that last for a few days. That's when I drink Red Bulls. I use them medicinally, and their ample supply of caffiene really help.

I don't know if this is any help, but that's how I deal with it.

okay so get this i get to work today and my boss asks me when my girlfriend is coming to visit, i tell the end of the month. she then goes on to tell me "oh well we're thinking about putting (the little girl i take care of's name) back into preschool, so maybe you can spend some time with you're girlfriend when she comes and not worry about taking care of (name)". i smile and then put a bullshit im fine kinda face and vocal tone on and say "yeah thats okay". the second ahe leavez the room my entire self shuts down and i stop giving a fuck about anything. now i'm on the verge of crying not only cause i'm loosing my source of income but because i've grown attached to this girl, she's the little sister i never had. i really need a hug...

• 2 weeks later...

Dear eBay,

Just because I don't make a living selling things on eBay, thank you for instituting some bullshit about how I can't access my sales money for 21 days. Then, when I printed a shipping label from you so I could get my money sooner, thanks for taking the shipping money from my bank account rather than the sales money like you said you would. Since the reason I'm selling things on eBay is because I need some extra money, taking money from my bank account was the best thing you could do.

They did the EXACT same thing to me.

I've played email tag with them numerous times asking "what suspicious activity do you think I was up to, other than using eBay for its intended purpose and all?" and their answer generally sums up to "we weren't making any money off you and that's unacceptable".

You know those people, who you just can't stand. Who make inappropriate comments, always stink of booze and in their own minds, the world is out to get them, so they lash out and try to bring the rest of the world down to their level. The type of person who seems to revel in meddling in things that do not involve them, telling you lies about your family just to see your reaction, and just all round being a horrible person?

Yeah, my dads dating one of them.

Tonight, I found out she's a massive kleptomaniac.

Here's how it went:

My brother notices his phone missing from the table, his friend who was also at my dads, said he saw her leaving the room with a phone. My brother leaves the room, and twenty seconds later I hear a woman screeching "It's my phone!" and another twenty seconds after that, my brother walks back in, and confirms, she tried to steal his phone and claim it was hers.

She comes in the room five minutes later muttering to nobody about how my brother is a horrible person who stole her phone, when his friend asks her a very interesting question:

If it's your phone, why have you got a picture of him(my brother) as your screensaver?

Needless to say, she shut up, and waited till me, my brother and his friend were going to leave, before deciding then would be a perfect time to cause a scene and start screaming at my dad asking him just where the hell was he going.

She's stolen from my dad as well. His phone that time. She then used it to call me at 1AM and tell me horrible lies about my dad being arrested before hanging up and forcing me to call her back and be told lies about how everyone is out to get her, and how a member of my family almost blinded her, and how she was going to press charges, which I later found out to be the exact opposite of what happened.

Before anyone asks why I didn't tell her to fuck off and hang up, it was Christmas/New Year, and when some crazy woman calls you at 1AM and says "Your Dad's been arrested! Call me back!" I challenge anyone to take that call and not be worried about your parents.

Apologies for just repeatedly posting after myself.

I was having a terrible nightmare last night, in which I kept saying "I'm having an attack. I'm having an attack" to someone on a phone. I then end the dream by running down a nearly empty street from someone screaming at me, as a car drives past that I try to stop ignores me and drives on.

Waking up from this dream was when the real nightmare happened. I awoke to the feeling of my heart getting ready to rip out of my chest, and going as fast as it could. I wanted to try and calm myself down, and so tried to breathe deeply and sit up, but I couldn't, my body was so worn out, and soaked with sweat that I couldn't stay awake and I was forced into a self inflicted sleep, which I tried to fight, unsuccessfully, as like I said, my heart felt like it was ready to blow up.

Now, as I try to sleep tonight, I just keep remembering parts of the nightmare that I had, and how badly my heart was beating as I woke up, causing my body to go into a version of the "Fight or flight" idea, and making my heart beat twice as fast as it should, and my body wants to tackle some sort of problem, whereas my mind, is tired, and would rather have the issue remain dormant in my system, than deal with it, causing a severe conflict of interest happening for my system at this very moment.

So, to summarise, not only do I have to do deal with these daily attacks in my waking life, they have also decided to ruin my sleeping life as well, and that is just fucking dandy.

I've just had to e-mail in to let a lecturer know I won't be able to make my afternoon class. In the first week, due to feeling horrible and just suffering a massive anxiety attack.

That's it, today I'm getting a hold of my doctor. This has gone on for to damn long, and the stuff he's giving me for anxiety issues have made things worse.

Edit: Appointment made.

What the everloving fuck, world. Someone may have stolen the packages that I left on the mailbox to be sent last night, cause the door to the apartment was cinder blocked open, and all the mail was thrown all over the steps, with the packages gone. WHAT THE HELL.

Well, confirmed stolen now, I just found the ripped open packages in the basement. The basement storage areas have been pretty trashed too, luckily ours had a lock on it.

Evidence

That was a hundred bucks of money that I was using to keep my head above water.

What the everloving fuck, world. Someone may have stolen the packages that I left on the mailbox to be sent last night, cause the door to the apartment was cinder blocked open, and all the mail was thrown all over the steps, with the packages gone. WHAT THE HELL.

Well, confirmed stolen now, I just found the ripped open packages in the basement. The basement storage areas have been pretty trashed too, luckily ours had a lock on it.

Evidence

That was a hundred bucks of money that I was using to keep my head above water.

That fucking blows Hannah. Whatever fucktard did that deserves what's coming to them.

RIP my car. I broke down on the interstate on Monday, and had to take vacation this week because you can't walk 40 miles to work. Just got the news that the engine in blown. Hopefully going to get a used car tomorrow. This really blows. It's funny what one little hose can do when it decides to disconnect itself from the radiator while going 70 miles an hour.

Well, if I can't get a car by Monday I'm going to lose my job and have to move to California. I'm waiting to see if the loan comes through, but it's not looking good. I don't get it. I have a steady job, no credit cards, and have been banking with the same bank for 15 years. It should be a no brainer for them to give me a loan.

edit: I just got turned down for a loan because it's been too long since I've had credit. So paying for stuff using only the money I have and being responsible is screwing me over? I just don't get it.

Well, if I can't get a car by Monday I'm going to lose my job and have to move to California. I'm waiting to see if the loan comes through, but it's not looking good. I don't get it. I have a steady job, no credit cards, and have been banking with the same bank for 15 years. It should be a no brainer for them to give me a loan.

edit: I just got turned down for a loan because it's been too long since I've had credit. So paying for stuff using only the money I have and being responsible is screwing me over? I just don't get it.

The justification I've heard is that having no credit history is seen as bad because you have nothing they can use to say, "You usually pay on time." It's like how you wouldn't pay 100 dollars a plate to eat at a restaurant where the chef is right out of culinary school. Still, yeah, it sucks and it's a sucky situation.

I might be stuck out here now until Tuesday because my goddamn father can't figure anyone other than himself into his plans worth a damn.

In related news, my littlest sister is a racist bitch, my father is an instigating dickwad, and I'm in the middle of it all and am slowly going insane/considering killing them.

I might be stuck out here now until Tuesday because my goddamn father can't figure anyone other than himself into his plans worth a damn.

In related news, my littlest sister is a racist bitch, my father is an instigating dickwad, and I'm in the middle of it all and am slowly going insane/considering killing them.

There's really no accounting for family. Sorry to hear yours is so difficult.