The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

So as I am sitting here, reading an online article on my laptop, I hear a ping and then I can no longer see out of my right eye. My glasses broke for no goddamn reason. Now I am typing this with my face 2 inches from the screen as I am BLIND without my glasses. I have been trying to get a hold of anybody to give me a ride a drug store to try and find some cheap reading glasses I can temporarily swap the lenses into. Naturally, they are all at work or out of town.

Add in the fact my warranty on the glasses ended last month, which I had the lenses replaces, but not the frames. And then they break withing a month. Call me a little paranoid, but the lady who changed my lenses and I have had issues in the past with her lack of skills. This is not going to be a fun night.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So as I am sitting here, reading an online article on my laptop, I hear a ping and then I can no longer see out of my right eye. My glasses broke for no goddamn reason. Now I am typing this with my face 2 inches from the screen as I am BLIND without my glasses. I have been trying to get a hold of anybody to give me a ride a drug store to try and find some cheap reading glasses I can temporarily swap the lenses into. Naturally, they are all at work or out of town.

Add in the fact my warranty on the glasses ended last month, which I had the lenses replaces, but not the frames. And then they break withing a month. Call me a little paranoid, but the lady who changed my lenses and I have had issues in the past with her lack of skills. This is not going to be a fun night.

I would like to point out with pride in my fellow board member that, though half blind, Professor writes full and varied complete sentences with proper punctuation and capitalization. You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. I hope your glasses are fixed soon.

Well, getting shouted at down the phone is never nice. Nor will it get me to help you.

I hope things work out there Austen. It all sounds like a fucked up situation.

I would like to point out with pride in my fellow board member that, though half blind, Professor writes full and varied complete sentences with proper punctuation and capitalization. You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. I hope your glasses are fixed soon.

Agreed.

So, I went to Sears which is where I got my glasses. Somehow, in the past two years, the price of my frames doubled. Not sure how that works. Also, like I said, my warranty ended at the end of August. I did not get a new set of frames as I was told they were no longer available. Which is true. However, they did not tell me that it was the color that was no longer available, and they carry five other colors of the same exact frame. So, instead of $15 they want me to pay $180. I called bullshit, but the person I now need to talk to is not in until Tuesday. So, I get to spend the next two days of my life wearing a pair of glasses held together with rubber bands and hope. SO MUCH FUCKING FUN!

If this were Facebook I would like the shit of this post.

Some lady just came into my work and asked, "Can anyone use these facilities?" I said yes, and then told her she has to pay for prints. She then said, "Oh, I was told alums could print for free." That's true, I told her, and I then allowed her to print about 10 pages. She stapled her pages, then asked, "Can I make copies, too?" I said there's a copier in the office, but it's only for staff. She thanked me, then left. Not 90 seconds later I got a call from the office secretary: "Did you send someone down here to make copies?" After sighing, as briefly as possible I told her exactly what I told the woman, to which the secretary mumbled, "No," before hanging up.

Some lady just came into my work and asked, "Can anyone use these facilities?" I said yes, and then told her she has to pay for prints. She then said, "Oh, I was told alums could print for free." That's true, I told her, and I then allowed her to print about 10 pages. She stapled her pages, then asked, "Can I make copies, too?" I said there's a copier in the office, but it's only for staff. She thanked me, then left. Not 90 seconds later I got a call from the office secretary: "Did you send someone down here to make copies?" After sighing, as briefly as possible I told her exactly what I told the woman, to which the secretary mumbled, "No," before hanging up.

Doesn't the University have a copier service, that you pay to use?

I just bought a $50 Amazon gift card, only to come home and open the bag to see a torn up package without the card in it.

The fucking cashier at Walgreens just stole from me and I have no way to prove it.

Yeah, I went through all of that. She claimed she didn't have it on her, emptied her pockets. Couldn't see shit from the cameras. My only option is to contact Amazon and hopefully have them cancel and replace it, which I doubt they'll do.

Fuck, wait for them to use it, and then Amazon can trace the address, and give it to the PD. Also, I'd contract the police, too. Gift cards are one of the most traceable things around. Not only should it be easy for you to get reimbursed, you can probably catch the fucker that ripped you off.

HA HA!

:teatime:

How'd that come to light? Did you call back and press the issue, or did they continue to investigate?

I told them that I was going to call corporate if they didn't find it within the hour.

There are few things more satisfying than a person getting busted for giving someone else the shaft. Three years ago, my old boss was fired for reasons that I wasn't given. Then a week later, I was given half a week's pay out of nowhere. It turned out he'd held back my overtime pay for the previous six months.

It's a sweet feeling to see people like that get what they deserve.

There are few things more satisfying than a person getting busted for giving someone else the shaft. Three years ago, my old boss was fired for reasons that I wasn't given. Then a week later, I was given half a week's pay out of nowhere. It turned out he'd held back my overtime pay for the previous six months.

This is why I always keep track of my hours worked. I tend to not trust others with my money.

This is why I always keep track of my hours worked. I tend to not trust others with my money.

I have ever since that experience. Just yesterday I called my boss because my paycheck was too small.