The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I'm in no way offended Austen - after all, this is the thread to properly vent in if needs be.

All I'll say that if your current environment is as poisonous as it's being made out, do you have the option to move somewhere and make a clean break of it all? Even if not immediately, or in the short term, then somewhere down the line?

Yeah, I just honestly have to wait around, for something, that is taken forever to be sorted out. It seems like, when shit stuff wants to happen, it all happens at once.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so tickets for UFC here in Winnipeg went on sale this past Thursday. Previously I had spoken with both my brothers if they had wanted to attend. My youngest brother Brett stated unequiviqually that he wanted to go as did his friend Braedon. My other brother Nolan gave a very wishy-washy, "sure" kind of response.

The day before tickets went on sale I called Brett and went over with him who we were buying for (he was using his card, I was buying on the Ticketmaster website). He had stated we needed 3, for myself, him and Braedon.

I bought the tickets minutes after the sale started. Today is when I get a text from Nolan asking if we got the tickets. I told him no, because he never confirmed with me or Brett. He is unhappy, he then decided to bring my Dad into it and now he's sending me angry texts, threatening to withhold Jets playoff tickets.

This is aggravating to say the least.

So my lecturer for BOTH of my core modules is STILL ill, he's been off since mid Feb and the uni still hasn't thought to get a substitute in. Because 'they don't know when he's going to be back' and the only think they've done to help us is give us a two week extension on our essays. FAT lot of use that is if I don't have the lectures.

And then I get told by people - "Well you do philosophy, you should just read more" that doesn't help me if I have no idea what to even start looking for and philosophy books are hellish to read if you have no idea and they are difficult even if you do have a basic understanding.

I'm now down to three hours of lectures a week instead of 9 and the uni think this is acceptable. NO NO IT DAMN WELL ISN'T!!!

There is one woman in my department who is fairly well connected, being good friends with my boss' boss' boss. She is, far and away, the laziest fuck I have ever had the misfortune to work with. She is away from her desk more often than she is at it, she lets any non-personal phone calls bounce to others, she gets no paperwork done, and if anyone ever calls her on it, she will wonder out loud if she catches grief because she's a woman, or if it's because she's not white. That invariably ensures the complainer keeps their mouth shut forever.

Now we are being told that her one job, the only thing she does all day, is being given to someone else. Possibly me.

At that point, she will officially be paid to drink coffee, chat with her friends, and audit meetings she has no business being at. We are severely understaffed, and there is not enough time for anyone else to get everything done, but this piece of shit feels no need to do anything at all.

Been called a "hipster" on Facebook in a small close-knit Who fans group a few friends founded. By a newbie who has no sense of humour. Reminds me of myself when I was 15...

All because they put up the most boring question in the world - "who is your favourite Dr Who" and I replied that it was a toss between Nick Scovell, Trevor Martin and Hurndall.

The second time they called me a hipster I pointed out that Douglas Camfield was missing from the picture :)

Saturday I had to change a flat tire on my car in the rain, which come to find out work was cancelled anyways. No big deal, today is pay day and I'll just drive and get new tires since I needed them anyways. I go out there and what I couldn't tell Saturday was that my spare was also flat. Shit. my sister is at work, and all my friends live 70 miles away. I am now waiting on a tow truck on race weekend (I live near one of the biggest NASCAR tracks) which means a two hour wait and a hundred dollars I wasn't planning on spending. I haven't slept either. Now I'm going to be late to work. Happy fucking Monday everyone!

• 1 month later...

So, apparently we have a sex offender moving in around the corner who has the fun fun history of repeat offending second and third degree sexual assault, and has a thing for peeping in windows. Basically the only thing that is between his offense dates are prison sentences.

Time to have out mr. one inch knife on the multitool when I'm walking home at night, and invest in his good friend mr. wasp spray.

The dryer in my apartment broke a month ago. Since it belongs to my roommate, I let him deal with it. Fast forward to this past weekend and he still hadn't even looked. I spot one at Goodwill for $5. I mention it, saying that most likely it won't work. He still buys it. It sits in my living room for three days because he is too 'busy' to hook it up. So I not only hook it up, I carry the bastard up a flight of stairs by myself. Not to mention carry the old one outside and rewire the 'new' one. And this 'new' one is from 1987 and weighs a fuck-ton. Yeah. After all that, it works.... except for the lack of heat.

And my roommate has the gall to say that I either broke it while rewiring it or I broke it while carrying it. He doesn't grasp the concept of the fact he bought something at the fucking Goodwill for $5. The fact that it spins at all is a miracle in my book.

Edit: He now claims he can fix it for under $10. Google, and 30 seconds, show that the part cost $91.73. But apparently, google is not valid. I think it is time for a nice long walk. Far, far away from here.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been sick the better part of the past two weeks. Common cold and turned into a bit of a cough. Only truly affected me one day, and I was finally starting to feel better last night. And then today, I felt nauseous all morning, didn't eat anything. Sucks, but I can deal.

But the past six hours of my life have been trying to relieve this extreme back pain that I am in. Seems like I cannot lay down, stand up, walk, sit or think without a nifty shooting pain in the back region.

All in all, this sucks a whole bunch of donkey anus.

• 2 weeks later...

So, got home about an hour and a half ago. Fridge appears to have stopped functioning, have lost $300 of food, including meat. Spent last hour and a half cleaning it out, taking stuff to the garbage, and calling landlord/emergency maintenance. Unplugged and replugged fridge. Fridge is now blowing lukewarm air. At least the booze kept, and the pickles. Will be talking to landlord tomorrow for sure, well see if I can get reimbursed for the food. House sitter somehow did not notice this despite freezer door being open when I came in. Either way, I am out food/a way to store leftovers till payday.

And the cat pissed on my bed.

Might have to take a half day at work to deal with all this bs.

• 4 weeks later...

Try and do my boss a favor. Now, I hate my boss but extra hours are extra hours and, in the end, extra cash. As such, I have not been doing my job, but helping covering vacations of others. And when my boss's boss comes for a visit I explain why I am a bit backlogged, I get yelled at by my boss for... I don't know what. I did what he asked and I am not taking shit for him doing something he apparently shouldn't have done. Not to mention the fact I said I would be caught up before lunch and, shockingly, I was in fact done well before lunch.

In conclusion, I hate stupid people.

So, got home about an hour and a half ago. Fridge appears to have stopped functioning, have lost $300 of food, including meat. Spent last hour and a half cleaning it out, taking stuff to the garbage, and calling landlord/emergency maintenance. Unplugged and replugged fridge. Fridge is now blowing lukewarm air. At least the booze kept, and the pickles. Will be talking to landlord tomorrow for sure, well see if I can get reimbursed for the food. House sitter somehow did not notice this despite freezer door being open when I came in. Either way, I am out food/a way to store leftovers till payday.

And the cat pissed on my bed.

Might have to take a half day at work to deal with all this bs.

If the freezer door was open when you got home, i recommend going to the housesitter for reimbursement as it appears they left it open.