The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is it that a college professor with a PhD doesn't know how to download an attachment?

How is it that a man running for president doesn't know how to turn on a computer? It still amazes me how technology is a big part of every part of our society and in all of our jobs, and some people still refuse to get with the times.

How is it that a college professor with a PhD doesn't know how to download an attachment?

How is it that a man running for president doesn't know how to turn on a computer? It still amazes me how technology is a big part of every part of our society and in all of our jobs, and some people still refuse to get with the times.

My grandfather still listens to cassets while my other grandpa is very technological, very up to date.

Guest DCAUFan1051

DCAU's Longest Rant Yet:

OK I was going to post this last night but I was wayyyyyy tooo pissed off.

The person I was going to the movies with last night called three hours before we were supposed to go and cancelled. Her daughter got sick, I understand that but geeez ya think she could have called the night before the actual day of the damn date.

So after the date got cancelled. I went to Mickey D's to get some dinner. After placing my order and waiting for it to be ready it amazes me how many "foreigners" are in the US. 4 out of the 6 employees at this McDonalds were speaking in a foreign language!!! That pisses me off. This is America damnit speak English!!!!!! they say McDonalds, Burger King, and all the other places are "fast" food restaurants HA!!!! that's a joke. I live probably 10mins walking distance from this McDonalds not counting the time to get there and back home I was waiting for my food for 20 fucking minutes!!!!!!! While I'm waiting a grandmother and grandson are waiting in line behind me this kid couldn't have been more then 12 years old and he was saying and I quote: "I think it's a good marketing strategy for McDonalds to be making coffee, and they are offering all different flavors. The coffee at StarBucks so expensive it's going to put McDonalds on the map with them being the next Coffee Shop."

OK first of all I know that kids these days are smart but what fucking 12 year old says shit like that????? Poltican in the making maybe :laugh:

So after geting home from the "fast food" place. I had dinner watched a movie then Smallville I was pretty steamed about the date being cancelled seeing as I asked for the night off and everything. And I haven't really had a "night out" in a while away from work. Plus I've been talking to this girl since fucking February and we still haven't met!!!!

Not quite the longest rant I've had but still I bet if I had wrote it last night there'd be a shitload of more curse words and twice as long as this.

While I'm waiting a grandmother and grandson are waiting in line behind me this kid couldn't have been more then 12 years old and he was saying and I quote: "I think it's a good marketing strategy for McDonalds to be making coffee, and they are offering all different flavors. The coffee at StarBucks so expensive it's going to put McDonalds on the map with them being the next Coffee Shop."

Sorry that made me laugh, the only thing that would have made it better if you turned to the kid and screamed"Starbucks has to import it's coffee and instil love into it, so what if we have to pay that little bit extra for love! You know how many coffee beans are in each cup of Starbucks coffee!? I didn't think so."

I got my letter from SAAS today, it's official I am now paying for my own course, and yet I am not that made about it, I kind of feel, I don't know not bothered or caring. I'm actually more angry I can't think of the word to describe what I feel about this.

So I try out to be on the campus radio stations election coverage. One week later, my Radio Broadcast Instructor (Gary) comes up to me.

Gary: "Kalen?" (There is someone in my class named Kalen...in fact we're as of this second partners on an assignment...my part's done)

Me: No, I'm Kellen.

Gary: Oh, right. Well good news Kellen, we have selected you to be a researcher for the radio broadcast.

This is great, an easy enough job that I get credit for, and I get out of a Journalism assignment I was not looking forward to. Until I get to today. Here's what happens this morning in class.

Gary: Kellen, just to let you know we have a meeting Wednesday at 6:00PM, could you bring some mock results.

Me: Okay

Later on our Journalism instructor hands out our sheets for what riding we'll cover for our election night assignment, me and Kalen both go up to hand it back.

Kalen: You're on the radio broadcast?

Me: Yeah.

Kalen: Are you sure? I didn't see your name on the sheet.

Me: Well Gary came up to me and said I was in.

Noticing the confusion, our J Instructor (Steve) goes to check the sheet.

Steve: Kellen, you weren't on the sheet.

Kellen: So I guess I'm back on the election assignment.

Steve: Yeah

So if this is true, I amto assume that I'VE DONE WORK THAT NOW AMOUNTS TO SHIT BECAUSE SOME IDIOT CAN'T TELL TWO PEOPLE APART?!

Once I hand in my assignment, I'm talking to Gary (if he's still here) and trying to clear this up, but if he's yanked my chain on a mistaken identity, I'm going to be PISSED.

Gary aint here, should I give him a scathing e-mail or wait till Monday and kick him in the nuts.

Both. But remain calm and mention how you had to use your own time to get results for something you did not receive thanks for.

While kicking him in the nuts?

No. If your going to kick him in the nuts, just say "That's from me and Kellen!"

Or say you don't need thanks for doing that, the look on his face is all the thanks you need.

Please tell me your being sarcastic

No he's not, he's being smart.

He'll think Kalen did it.

Update: MSN conversation

"Mind on my money and my money on my beer" - James Storm says:

it's not that he gets Kalen and Kellen confused

he doesn't seem to get the idea there are two seperate people with similar names

Shingen says:

that's the point

Kalen pronounced KAY-lin for the record

Shingen says:

when he goes to the administration and tells them that Kalen did it

Shingen says:

they'll throw HIM out

heh

Shingen says:

and then you'll show up to class

okay

Shingen says:

and he'll go "HE IS STILL HERE"

Shingen says:

and they'd be all "umm that's kellen"

Shingen says:

and probably fire him for being a crackpot

nah, he's already a crackpot

You know I really should stop posting in here and make a new thread called "Austen is a miserable bastard thread" but I'm here.

I still have a cold/flu and had a really shitty nights sleep again. I woke up at 7:30 and realised I could have an extra half hours sleep, so I reset my alarm for half an hour later. Woke up at 8:45 and ran about grabbing all the stuff I needed and put it in a bag. I missed my train, but caught a later one after rush hour which saved my £1.50 and that was nice.

Anyway after I miss my second train by two minutes and have to wait twenty for the next one, I show up for Uni at 10:30 when i was supposed to be in at 10. This was my own fault, I can't blame anyone but myself for this.

Anyone I sit down in the class and take down what notes I can and find out that I left my notepad and pens at home and have to use the piece of crap one, and a shit pen.

Again my own fault.

I look around the room at the end of the lecture to see if my friend is their so I can ask what I missed, and know what has to be done. I can't see him, he didn't show up.

I get a text during my lunch break, and here's what it says:

How's Uni? Couldn't make it in today....still quite ill from last week and it's caught up with me.

Let me set the scene for you: it's last Thursday I'm feeling like shit and ready to collapse in all of my classes cause my body is ready to collapse, someone even makes mention that I looked fucked. At the end of the day I go to go to the train station, and this same friend said to me during the break for our final lecture "Forbidden Planet?" (It's a comic shop) and I say yeah as i want to get my Batman comics.

It's the end of the day, and I go the front door to leave the building and turn to see my friend who said he was coming with me f-off to the Union. I wouldn't mind, but he brought up going to me and when the next person said the next thing he just followed them.

What annoys me about this and links into the rant is that he was absolutely fine last week and was fine enough to fuck off and get drunk. Again I don't mind but he completely forgot to say "hey I'm going to the Union....." and some shit, but I'm not really mad about that.

What annoys me is this, he speaks to me on MSN yesterday afternoon and says he has to go to piss about with his friends Mac and he'll see me in Uni tomorrow(today) and he decides to no show.

Why I'm ranting about this is: I had a place on a second year of a HND and he convinced me to drop out of that and go to this Uni with him, at which point he dropped me for new people and I am left without tuition for college and him repeatedly reminding me I didn't get my HNC due to a technicality. It annoys me that this is the way he acted last year, he was on my course but left due to "Disagreements with the lecturer" and still harbers a grudge. He is still my friend, but I know he's a two faced liar and out for himself as a priority, and see's everyone as second class citizens to himself.

What annoys me is that I could be, if I didn't listen to him, doing a course closer to home, with people I know and am good friends with and share a common interest with and most importantly would have been finacially ok and not having a fucking headache from travel everyday.

I don't even know what I'm ranting on anymore, I'm just really annoyed with how things have turned out.

Ok, Now I know I said that my last rant was the greatest, But this one will tumph it.

I just founf out the pedophile/ molester of the nieghborhood, Tried to get in to my brothers pants. And almost suceded.

Tomorow Fuckin Ass will be kicked.

Now let me go into a little back story. Three years ago, A very strange family moved in next door. The parents loved 'Em, The Kids hated the kids. I tried to be friends, Not much a age diffrence, One older, one younger. But soon I developed a sixth sense reliazing these people were no good. Soon there bad side started to show. Now I wont go into examples, But I will add one more fact, The one that was a year older, Always hung out with the little kids. Recenty, He and little 2 year old Ry-Ry, We caught playing with each others penis. This caused a major rift, They became the outsiders. Not every one knew what hapened, Hell Im not spouse to tell any one in the "Hood". Nut then it danwed on me, This most likely wasnt there first time. Then I find out about my brother! How many kids has thisk fucker molested! I wish he'd go to hell already! I mean, What if all the little kids are gay now?

Like I said, Next Afternoon, Ass will be kicked.

He is still my friend, but I know he's a two faced liar and out for himself as a priority, and see's everyone as second class citizens to himself.

I know how you feel, my childhood and closest friend, a couple of years ago was giving me grief over the fact that I didn't see him as much or hang out due to my job which is day and night shift and having to work most of the weekend every other week, so I made more effort to meet up on days off and hang out just generally keep in contact, he ends up meeting a girl and then promptly ignores everybody else and now I see him maybe once every few months when I'm with the rest of our friends.

The kicker......... he bought a house 2 minutes from mine.