The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

There are several reasons I couldn't hold a 9-to-5, and this is one of them. If bosses want work done right, they need to respect their subordinates, and this is not respecting you guys.

2930242802_8aa4ab09aa.jpg

Well that's a letdown. I thought it was a mug that was made out of a corncob, like something you'd see at a state fair or flea market.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

Wow Dan that sucks kinda reminds me of Chevy Chase in Xmas Vacation he was supposed 2 get a big bonus check instead he got an enrollment in the jelly of the month club.

Hey Mike think u and Jenny would review Christmas Vacation for the Show? PLEASE :D

ChristmasVacation.jpg

To put the the employer side of the corn mug argument forward. If there are tough times at the company, there is a chance they couldn't afford the bonuses but still wanted to do something in appreciation and came up with the mug. In all honesty gifts to employees are about 50/50 in success rate as you get passionate about an idea that you yourself think of and then see it through rose coloured glasses. At least it's a decent size mug :)

Another late night up and once again this thing that I want behind me keeps eating at my head. (Warning, this gets long and rambling, it's 2AM on a Sat. Night)

Remember all the way back to page 10 of this thread and my BIG rant on Randy & Steph (if not, go back and read). Well here's the update because as the title says I need to vent.

Since 6/10 of last year when I felt so betrayed the following has occurred.

-After gathering up all the guts I can, I tell Steph my true feelings, who then says no, but if you feel any better the Randy/Steph thing is just a sham to get at certain people (not me they say.)

-During this same conversation I find out that Randy & Jordan, whom I told my feelings for Steph about at Ai-Kon 07, promptly turned around and told Steph, citing drunkeness, and later stating "she's my friend too, I owe it to her to tell her." and adding "at WAC (Winnipeg Anime Club) everyone finds out everything eventually."

-Within two weeks Steph develops feelings for Randy.

-Another week, they both say they want to do the relationship "for real". Steph asks if I'd be okay with it, I say "I'm not going to tell you to not do it, but I'd be lying if I said it won't hurt a little."

-They start to go out and often I end up third wheel (they are two of my best friends), during this time I, admittedly out of jealousy, pick on Randy moreso than usual.

-We then have a talk where they seem to show no sympathy towards the fact I'm still getting over not having Steph or the frustration that my best friend gets what I wanted for damn near two years.

-Later in the summer the three of us take a road trip down to the Twin Cities for the state fair and an MoA run, very little in the way of problems which is nice.

-The two of them have been coming to the anime club much less frequently in the last month or so, often showing up for small periods of time, if at all and not really socializing.

I just need to write everything out here. I haven't really distanced myself from seeing them, and while I still talk to Steph often via MSN, the fact we share the bus a lot and that she lives a short walk from me, I haven't really had the chance to talk to Randy, he's never on MSN, rarely if ever at the club and his overnight job means I never get the chance to meet up with him. During the Minny trip it honestly felt like I was bonding with both of them again, Randy and I spent a lot of time at the Nickelodian Universe and Steph & I went to a Backstreet Boys concert at the State Fair (laugh now).

I don't know exactly what the feelings I still have are, I'm trying to get over Steph and it's fine...until Randy comes into the equation. When I see the two of them together, the mixture of jealousy and anger comes back to me and it eats me up inside (imagine the Minny trip, in the hotel they shared the bed next to mine...there's a mindfuck.) I've talked over with Randy why I was angry at him for going behind my back to Steph and he didn't care. Hell they suggested we take a two-week break to let stuff cool down, only for Steph to call me a week later asking why I wasn't at the anime club that week.

Like I said, I don't know what I'm going to do, I just don't like bottling it up. There's times when I just want to take a break from them. However between the anime club (which even without them is a large part of my social life...laugh again now) and the fact that Steph often shares the same bus route with me means that proposing such an idea would be well...awkward to say the least. Like I said above the Minny trip went so well, it sucks that it feels like it's all falling apart.

Honestly I'm fine with Steph, but the fact is, is that I'm still mad about the fact Randy went behind my back and showed no sympathy about it, and the fact I never get a chance to see him on his own makes it tough for me to talk with him about it, and as I said, when they show up at the club, and they're being all cuddly...the jealousy comes through. Is it really so wrong to have those feelings?

EDIT: I think I may have answered my own question in what I have to do here, but I still appreciate any comments or replies.

Before I start TGW, we're not allowed to talk about where the jelly comes from.

Anyway, if anyone read one of my posts from about two weeks ago about the news day shit that I had to go through at my first week when i wrote a story in advance, went to hand it in for the paper and was told to trim it down before the so called "Editor" would read it.

After I pent around 2-3 hours cutting the article down, she takes an hour and a half lunch break, puts in a twenty minute copy and paste job for the paper, not even looking at my article and including it. I was quite miffed and I feel rightfully pissed off.

To to off my anger she hadn't even the paper and missed out an entire page.

Anyway, the articles were meant to be put up on the noticeboard as a sort of incentive thing to let us know our work would be appreciated, or some shit.

I look at the board and what do I find, several of the groups papers were put up, including mines, but no story by me. What annoyed me was I handed in two other storys during this time and most people had only done one, and I wasn't even given an assignment, I could sat on my ass for four hours and would have got the same reaction.

Anyway, I do what I feel is the best option, I take the story from my bag, which I had spare copies of as the printer did several copys and I just shoved them into my bag, I took a pin from the wall, and put up my original five hundred word article. I feel really proud of that and in my own personal way giving a big "Fuck you" to the editor.

Nice little story to lighten up the thread.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I just woke up and I'm in that type of mood where I don't want to deal with anything or anyone. I wanna blast my music and tune everything else out. I get a call from a coworker saying that one of her clients that lives in my building called her and complained about his toilet being fucked up again. Well there's not a goddamn thing I can do about it other then go down there survey the damage and then call my supervisor. I am not a goddamn plumber I do not do maintence. The worst part about this is that our facility leases this entire building and our company's maintence crew will not make emergency calls on the fucking weekend.

I hate weekends I have a shitload of work to do because I'm the only one that is in this building that is an employee. Granted for the most part we have an excellent group of clients here now. But damn I haven't even had breakfast yet. So I'm gonna sit here for a few minutes then I'll go down there see what the damage is and if I can get anyone over here this morning to get it fixed then fine. If not well the client will just have to wait until tomorrow. I am not trying to sound mean when I say that but I do not have a log in account to sybmit a maintence request and other then having the client plunger the damn toilet there aint shit I can do.

DAMNN I thought this was gonna be a one liner vent LOL :D

Man, Kellen, I've been in that exact situation before, and if he's seriously being that much of a dick about it, then he doesn't seem like much of a friend in the first place. (Well, neither of them do, really.) I'd say cut him off, at least for a while. If you have to see them once in a while, by all means do your thing, but don't walk around looking bitter about it. That doesn't effect them in the least, and does even less for you.

I can say from experience that sometimes things like this just can't be repaired. You've done your part in letting them know it bothers you. If they want to blow you off like that, then they have to pretty much be prepared to lose a friend.

Kellen, hit me up on MSN, we need to talk 'bout dis, and most importantly, it's probably a bad idea to be posting this on a public forum on teh internets when they KNOW you post here - you link to this site often enough on the WAC boards...

Edit: Now granted, I'm probably the only person on WAC boards aside from you who has actually put forward the effort to create a username and log in here, but welp

It might be time to reassess your life and friends, Kellen. Sometimes we stick with people because it's familiar, but if your friends are hurting you (or it hurts to be around them), that's not a healthy relationship. Am I telling you to cut them off cold? No, but you might want to spend less time with them, and look for new friends / relationships elsewhere.

Note what I said about this four months ago, Kellen. It's still true now.

It might be time to reassess your life and friends, Kellen. Sometimes we stick with people because it's familiar, but if your friends are hurting you (or it hurts to be around them), that's not a healthy relationship. Am I telling you to cut them off cold? No, but you might want to spend less time with them, and look for new friends / relationships elsewhere.

Note what I said about this four months ago, Kellen. It's still true now.

Disclaimer: I'm not too fond of Randy to begin with, but QFT.

Also, to those who haven't figured it out yet... I know Kellen IRL, met him through WAC, so I've been watching this whole thing develop for quite a while now. So at the very least, consider this confirmation that he's not just making this stuff up :-p

Well to be fair, I checked Randy & Steph's accounts as to last login and it's been a couple months since they logged in, and by the time they do again this'll be deep enough in the thread they won't find it unless they know it's there so long as they aren't informed (and I trust Shingen to not be the one to do that). Truth be told it's the fact I need to get it out there to a few more sympathetic ears that led to that post and seriously aside from Shingen, who I have talked this over with many times, I feel like this is the best place for me to tell my story (maybe it is the pseudo-anonymity).

And as an aside to Shingen, will talk to you soon. I'm back in town tomorrow.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I figured I'd post this here because well I couldn't find anything in the movies/TV threads

I just saw the trailer for War, Inc. it's coming to DVD don't get me wrong I like John Cusack but this movie seems to be Grosse Pointe Blank in the 21st Century. I loved Grosse Pointe Blank but War, INC. seems to have the same fucking premise as GPB. And it stars three of the same actors as in GPB with Cusack his sister Joan and Dan Akyrod. might be a rent type of thing but not a buy I dunno.

If anyone has seem it let me know if it's even worth my time

here's the DVD Cover:

WarInc.jpg

I just moved to a new apartment and my dog barks non-stop from separation anxiety. I've tried everything by the book to stop him from barking, but my neighbors are complaining and I'm freaked that I'll be asked to give up my dog. I don't know what to do.

My boss resigned, and there's only 2 of us left in our department to take care of requests. Since I'm relatively new, my manager is hit with all the grunt work and I'm afraid she's going to crack soon.

However, on a brighter note, the economy has gone to shit!!!