Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, time for a random rant.

I'm doing a course I don't want to do in a field I have no interest of ever going into. Wow, after you write that fifty thousand times in the same thread it starts to get really redundant. I mean, the field I would want to go into is a writer, a fiction writer; I want to write screenplays, theatre scripts and books. I have no interest in going out to find some wanker with some shitty story, about bugger all just for someone else to come along and steal it from me. I want to be able to think up an idea and write it, that's the field I'm good at, well not good at, but it is my best ability, I fuck grammar all over the place and if it wasn't for Windows having spell check I would be fucked.

I want to be able to just sit down with a blank page and at the end of the day have a whole world created and be able to use that world and create characters to live in it and be identifiable and memorable and realist. I don't want to have be told what fucking stories are and are not fit for publication and how I'm going down the wrong track with situations, I want to be able to examine a situation and note how I could flip it on its head and make it entertaining for someone like me to read. I feel that I am a section of the market that has been untapped, the guy who will sit and watch anything, but will be entertained only by specific things; I'm not into political satire or political humour as I don't really care about politics. I know in this day and age that is blasphemy and I should know what is going on around me and why Bush has fucked up the world, but I don't. In the last UK general election I voted not for what party tried to appeal to my vote or felt were making the best message, fuck no. The party I voted for wasn't for their policies, to tell you the truth I still don't know what they're policies are, I voted for them as I liked their name. I voted for the 9% party.

I know there’s going to be some people out their saying "If you don't care, you don't deserve the right to vote!" and I have as much right as anyone else, I just really couldn't care about how "Society is fucked, in this ever changing climate" I may be burying my head in the sand in some people’s eyes, but that's better than burying my head in shit. Honestly, look at it this way, the media has gotten into a horrible cycle of talking about how bad the credit crunch is, people getting worried tightening their belts, stores shitting themselves, upping their prices only for the news to focus on them upping their prices, and therefore repeating the same old shit about the credit crunch causing the same people to tighten their belts that bit more and the cycle continues.

I really am just sick of every little thing getting blown way out of proportion by people who then tell others who like to follow the crowd and ironically have an influence on someone else who's opinion does matter, I mean it's all fucking bollocks if you ask me.

I really feel that if one person were to stand up and to quote the movie the network "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" never seen the movie, but the quote is so famous, it's infamy is bigger than the movie, talk about irony, a line to help make a movie big, is now a movie that made a line big.

Anyway, if one person were to stand up and say "Fuck all this shit!" what would happen? Nothing. As no one would care and yet, we'd refuse to do it. I personally feel that everyone keeps everything bottled up inside so's not to offend anyone else. I'm a hypocrite, I'll freely admit that, I can't shout out why I'm so angry, but I know I am and isn't that enough. No, it isn't.

So anyone I'm a fiction writer, I don't take real world facts into effect, and if you'll notice there are tens if not twenties of things in this very rant which you will say to yourself "He's got his facts completely wrong their!" probably also spelled their wrong, but oh well.

I'm just one guy with a passion for being a writer, not a reporter, so in an essence what I'm saying is that the world can report me sticking my middle finger up to it, and I hope that one day you will do the same.

What a clichéd line to end on, I know.

But how about I just end with this, fuck you world. We may have both fucked up and you know what, at least I can admit my mistakes.

In that this has become a quasi-dating dilemmas thread, I thought I'd chip in here.

Me and my ex girlfriend Nicola broke up in January, as I mentioned in my One Bad Day article (heh - articles! I remember them....). She instigated it on the grounds that she had another year and a half at university (I'd graduated the summer before) and she needed to find herself at uni. I was devastated but I knew that her reasoning was sound. We kept up our rapport for the next couple of months and I knew I'd be seeing her in May, as I was going to a university event up there. We didn't really speak in the month leading up to it and when I did finally get up there, she was fairly reticent, and I discovered why pretty quickly as she was dating another guy from our student radio station. In that a guy I trust pretty well told me that it started about two weeks before, I have no reason to think she was lying about our break-up, but either way, I didn't quite know how to take it. Nicola was my first serious gf and we broke up two weeks before our one year anniversary. As such, my manner that weekend was pretty tetchy, although I didn't insult her or anything. The nadir was the Sunday night when I was catching a bus back to my host's house and Nicola was at the same bus stop. But rather than engage me, she spoke to someone else and generally listened to her iPod until her bf and his friend joined her.

Luckily, I'd arranged to meet her for a cup of tea a few days later and she came to it, and we chatted generally without hitting anything major. We got interrupted before I could fully ask her about what happened on Sunday, but as she left, she did say that she didn't consider things awkward between us. If I'd not bumped into her again that trip, it'd have been a great note to end on. Sadly, it was the day FYEO #1 was posted and I wanted to give it a listen/use the internet, so I went to radio session, completely forgetting her bf presented a show around then. So she came and sat in the radio station and things became uncomfortable again. I left as she was presenting the new show afterwards and popped my head in whilst she was off-air to say goodbye, she was fairly short in her goodbyes.

My birthday was a month later and she wished me happy birthday over facebook, which I thanked her for over MSN and we had a brief convo before she admitted I was cutting into her BBC iPlayer time. So I thought it best to leave alone for a while until this month when I wished her happy birthday and got a facebook thankyou. Fast forward to this weekend, as I prepare to start towards my trip back to our uni time next weekend. I hit her up on Saturday and we had a brief chart about football. I asked a question of whether she was around that weekend and she apologised (with an x) saying that she had to go. No matter, I piped up the courage to ask her again this evening and she said she was pretty much in town that weekend but when I announced I'd be up, she went offline and I texted her to say that I was hoping we could meet up, but would understand if she was busy. As of yet, no response.

The thing is, I pretty much got over the end of our relationship a few weeks after I was up there the first time. I still love her as she was my first serious gf, but I'm not carrying a huge torch for her as I know that, even if we wanted to, it'd be very hard to reconcile our relationship as it were until 2011, and naturally a lot can happen between then & now. I did actually experience female touch for the first time since our breakup last night (a drunk girl made out with for 2 minutes to prolong her being thrown out of a club - it's still progress!) and I'm just looking for new women at this point. But I don't know how to amply convey that to Nicola other than through a face-to-face meeting, and if she thinks I'm going to be as awkward as I was last time (when I still wasn't over her), the chance of that happening is going to be on the slim side. The signs are, if she's gone offline twice on me and isn't texting me back (albeit, I did say I was about to go to bed), she's not up for this meeting.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. And before anyone says "forget her" or something detrimental, I can really see her side in all this. sigh.

OK. Ian before I go off on a complete "What the fuck is he talking about!?" I just want to say, she is not a big part of your life, she is not someone you are going to be seeing very often, and if I read it wrong and you are, then sorry.

Why not next time you see her and say you have a new girlfriend, suggest going out for a drink with you and her, and Nicola and her boyfriend.

This is just me but anyone who says your cutting into their BBC iPLAYER time, really is a prick in my eyes.

Just don't think about it, I mean the longer you dwell on it, the longer it will fester and the longer you will be hung up by it, believe me, I know. I defined the term "dwelling on shit".

I'm not going to say forget her, but why are you so intent on letting her know that you are over her, I mean wouldn't the best way to let her know that you are over her, would be just to get on with your life?

So, what I'm saying is, don't do anything like message her and say "I'm so over you..." or some shit, which I know you'll probably be sitting their and saying "You obviously didn't read what I wrote" or "What the fuck are you talking about..." which I'm sure a lot of people do. Hi Dubs!

Next time you see her whenever that is, just make small talk and keep it nice and shit, and if her boyfriends their, great it will be the perfect opportunity to show that you may love her, but your not in love with her.

So, Ian you may now reply with the "What the fuck are you talking about"

Oh, and progress is progress sir.

This is just me but anyone who says your cutting into their BBC iPLAYER time, really is a prick in my eyes.

I'm not going to say forget her, but why are you so intent on letting her know that you are over her, I mean wouldn't the best way to let her know that you are over her, would be just to get on with your life?

I'm not saying "STFU suavestar", I just think I didn't make these two points clear enough.

A) she didn't say I was cutting into her time, I enquired as to whether she was still there after a lengthy pause and said "sorry, I was watching something on iPlayer"

B) I don't want to make a song and dance out of anything, but I want to show her that I'm not as emotional about things between us as I was the last time. It's just a loose end that I feel needs tying up before we can simply communicate as friends. And I'm on good terms with her bf btw.

A) she didn't say I was cutting into her time, I enquired as to whether she was still there after a lengthy pause and said "sorry, I was watching something on iPlayer"

OK, I may have misread that.

B) I don't want to make a song and dance out of anything, but I want to show her that I'm not as emotional about things between us as I was the last time. It's just a loose end that I feel needs tying up before we can simply communicate as friends. And I'm on good terms with her bf btw.

I never said you wanted to make a song and dance about it, I'm just saying to me, and this may just be me, as their seems to be a lot of people out their with completely different opinions from me. (Hi Dubs!)

Some people will remember you for how you were in general in the time that they knew you, and some will just remember one stupid thing you may have done over everything else, and their is no way to change that.

So I'm guess what I'm trying to say is......something.

The signs are, if she's gone offline twice on me and isn't texting me back (albeit, I did say I was about to go to bed), she's not up for this meeting.

Then don’t meet up with her. I mean, it doesn’t sound like she’s particularly eager to be your friend, so forget about her and move on.

I'm tired, I'm sick of travelling for an hour on trains each way every day. Most of all I'm sick of studying fucking Journalism!

Actually I'm sick of that and having to fucking pay for it my fucking self to study some stupid course I am not interested in! Also I'm sick of people repeatedly telling me that I should be enjoying it and now that I'm paying for it and not learning jack shit that "I should get as much as i can out of it" I am just so fucking tired of having to put up with this shit. Oh, and I'm sick of people jumping to conclusions about me and what I want to do without even discussing it with me.

Now before I state what I'm venting on, I'm just going to give you a quick run down on who I am:

The most miserable person who ever existed. Hair that is way to thick. I'm the guy emo's look at and say "Wow, that guys fucking crazy."

Anyway, I go into a lecture last week, this is a late rant as I only truly had time to think about what was said today. I am meant to have two news stories that I can rip off or two things I can turn into stories, I show up with two things that are my usual style, completely random, off topic, yet they are exactly what was ask for and I could make them work. I get told i totally missed the point of what I was meant to do. This is the same lecturer who told me to rip off stories, he says I got it wrong and asked me what I was interested in and try and write a story about that, I say acting, films and shit like that, not my exact words, I'm not an idiot. I tell him about a story in another local paper and he says I'm focusing on the local aspect to much, even though he said find local story's. he then tells me to find information on student suicides.

I want to just take a moment, look at my profile photo, look at previous posts I've made in this thread, and some others and think about that, this guy told me to go out and find info on student suicides.

Again, think about it.

So who wants to hear me scream I am sick of this fucking course and want to leave this stupid shit again, as I feel I am not getting treated like an adult, which ironically at 19 when I was studying acting I was treated more like an adult than now two years later and a course that is meant to be straight up education in a fucking adult environment.

Now remember that I am not getting financial aid to do this course and am funded it with money I will have to pay the government back with interest. Now remember that I am travelling a fucking hour their and an hour their and an hour back at £5 a day just to go here. Now remember that I have no one I can speak to about being fucking miserable on this stupid fucking course, and remember that every day I am going deeper and deeper into debt just to be able to do this fucking course.

Now recall that he said I should look up information on student suicides.

I can't even write down how fucking angry I am about this right now.

I may be taking this comment to close to heart but it is the final straw for me.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I finished watching RAW and My Own Worst Enemy I get up and come out to the licing room to listen to Jet Black Stare's album and post on the best forum ever and what the fuck happens a goddamn power outage and every fucking time that this happens my PC goes to restart and fucking says keyboard not detected. So I have to unplug the fucking thing them plug it back in to get it to fucking work. This is like the fourteenth mother fucking time that this has happened in the last goddamn month. I don't know if it's happening in other buildings in the area but its mother fucking annoying to have to unplg my PC to even get the goddamn thing running again.

I so want this:

HP TouchSmart PC Video

and here's a picture of this amazing machine:

HPTouchSmartPC.jpg

This probably isn't the place for it, but I figured I'd post some good news for a change.

As it turns out there are benefits from my job that I was never previously aware of, most notably, paid vacation time. It appears that over the past year or so, I've earned over 100 hours of paid time off that I've never used.

So starting Friday, I will be enjoying a NINE day weekend. If anyone has anything they need from me, that is the time to ask, as I'll be looking to finish up about 6 different projects of mine during this wonderful period.

This probably isn't the place for it, but I figured I'd post some good news for a change.

As it turns out there are benefits from my job that I was never previously aware of, most notably, paid vacation time. It appears that over the past year or so, I've earned over 100 hours of paid time off that I've never used.

So starting Friday, I will be enjoying a NINE day weekend. If anyone has anything they need from me, that is the time to ask, as I'll be looking to finish up about 6 different projects of mine during this wonderful period.

Write the story about how I save the world from evil leprechauns...