The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I think I just failed my course, i am completely lost and I don't know what to do, I have no passion for the subject. I have said it so many times, I am a fiction writer, I cannot see the truth in things, I don't like seeing the truth in things, I like kidding myself and altering the world to the way I see it, I can't do that with writing story's about subjects I know f-all about, like politicians or the economy.

I am so fucked.

I really should just create my own venting thread and post this shit in there from now on, it seems like I post at least one thing everyday about how my life sucks.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want what you have, then you'll have what you want. :)

Sorry Skyle, but I have to be a dick and give you a short rundown of my life right now:

I'm paying to do a course I have no passion to do, or even finish this week on it as I haven't showed up out of fear of feeling like I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'm going to broke for the rest of my life because I'm paying almost all the money I have to last me for the next year to pay for a course I'm totally miserable on.

I can't sleep as it is and now I have the stress of dealing with shit lectures and shit classes again in a subject I don't want to do as the one I wanted to do was too far away for me to travel to everyday. Plus I spend two hours everyday travelling to and from this place and feel I'm learning nothing.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Well I'm back everybody lol

My fucking internet went out yesterday afternoon and since then I've had to restore my damn iPhone and fucking fix all the shit wrong with my PC settings. It's been a rough 24 hrs

me being without my internet is like the hamburgalar without trying to steal mickey d's burgers.

I was going nuts but I did rewatch Batman Beyond Season 1 justice League Seasons 1 & 2.

and top it all off mother fucking politicial bullshit was on TV instead of Knight Rider!!!!!!!! :fight: that should be illegal lol

the political debates and all the crap that goes with an election year should be fucking relegated to CNN or some crap cable news network or have their own fucking network and not intterupt my TV watching the bastards.

I'm paying to do a course I have no passion to do, or even finish this week on it as I haven't showed up out of fear of feeling like I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'm going to broke for the rest of my life because I'm paying almost all the money I have to last me for the next year to pay for a course I'm totally miserable on.

I can't sleep as it is and now I have the stress of dealing with shit lectures and shit classes again in a subject I don't want to do as the one I wanted to do was too far away for me to travel to everyday. Plus I spend two hours everyday travelling to and from this place and feel I'm learning nothing.

Sounds like university life to me, man.

I just want this goddamned election to be over with. We all know who's going to win it anyway (hint: he's a Marxist), but quite frankly it doesn't matter who wins because both candidates want to take more and more of our money and exercise more government control over things they have no fucking business being in. I'm sick of this shit. The US government causes all these problems to begin with, then they blame each other across the aisle when they're both equally at fault. The market was starting to correct itself at the beginning of this month, especially with Wells Fargo (which is as well run a business as there is in America) preparing to buy Wachovia; but no, the Dems and Repubs said, "NO! We must fix this ourselves!" Mark my words, we are going to pay a hefty price for this bailout nonsense down the road. It's all a charade of epic proportions.

To quote Lewis Black:

"The Republicans are a party of bad ideas and the Democrats are a party of no ideas. A Republican stands up and says, 'I gotta really bad idea!!' And then the Democrats goes, 'And I can make it shittier!'"

I just want this goddamned election to be over with. We all know who's going to win it anyway (hint: he's a Marxist), but quite frankly it doesn't matter who wins because both candidates want to take more and more of our money and exercise more government control over things they have no fucking business being in. I'm sick of this shit. The US government causes all these problems to begin with, then they blame each other across the aisle when they're both equally at fault. The market was starting to correct itself at the beginning of this month, especially with Wells Fargo (which is as well run a business as there is in America) preparing to buy Wachovia; but no, the Dems and Repubs said, "NO! We must fix this ourselves!" Mark my words, we are going to pay a hefty price for this bailout nonsense down the road. It's all a charade of epic proportions.

To quote Lewis Black:

"The Republicans are a party of bad ideas and the Democrats are a party of no ideas. A Republican stands up and says, 'I gotta really bad idea!!' And then the Democrats goes, 'And I can make it shittier!'"

This.

On the topic of Lewis Black, have you heard Anticipation yet?

To quote Lewis Black:

This.

On the topic of Lewis Black, have you heard Anticipation yet?

I knew there was something I had meant to buy weeks ago and never did.

Guest DCAUFan1051

my fucking internet went out again...... goddamn cable company.

Insight sucks balls!!!!!!

this is severely pissing me off I pay good hard earned $ for this and they tell me well the soonest time we have to get a tech out to you is monday!!!

that's fucking bullshit

then I say forget it cancel the account

they say well that department isn't open on sat. WTF!!!! :fight:

..... on the phone with AT&T now gonna get service through them.

FUCK YOU INSIGHT!!

NOW AT&T is telling me the earliest they can setup is the 10th!!!!!

they have no earlier dates. So that means that I won't have internet until the mother fucking 10th of november.

I'm gonna go fucking nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I could catch up on my DVD watching :D

Well, here's another thing to add onto the list of my life sucks prize winning items!

Not only am I failing and going to have to drop out of my final chance to get any type of education, with no money and no career oppurtunity prospects in sight and me being fobbed off by people, who's job it is to listen to your problems (Not anyone here) but now I can't set up a simplae fucking tuner card witj my fucking PC so that I can actually play fucking games on my PC and record them and actually edit good fucking videos and know what I'm doing, so I spent pretty much the last of any money I'm seeing this year on something that is now fucking worthless!

#

Oh my life is just a barrell of laughs.

On a related subject, does anyone know anything about setting up a tuner card?

I have it installled and the software done, but I can do f-all else right now.

Not only am I failing and going to have to drop out of my final chance to get any type of education...

Since when is there a final chance to get an education? Maybe this is a good time to reconsider your options. Start working full time, maybe do some travelling? I mean, you want to write fiction right? There must be courses you can take (maybe online, if travel is an issue) to learn more about it. Maybe something you can do in your spare time when you aren’t working? I don’t know, I just think there must be other options out there that are better suited to what you need.

On a related subject, does anyone know anything about setting up a tuner card?

There are tech websites that can help you with that kind of thing you know, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone around here could help you.

Yeah, Suave, I was in pretty much the same situation with school a few years ago. I dropped out cause I couldn't take it.

Now, I'm not recommending that you do that yourself, but I think you really need to find some balance in your life. You want to write fiction? Find a writing gig somewhere, paying or not, so you can keep your mind going and help get your mind off everything else.

Hell, my life is pretty much a brick shithouse right now, and I think I'd go insane if I didn't have to write a couple thousand words every week, both here, and for friends that like to read my fiction stuff. I have an ex girlfriend from years ago that only talks to me so that she can read my new stories. Practice your passion, and remind yourself every day of what it is you're looking to accomplish.

Life isn't dictated by the things that happen to us day to day, but rather by how we react to them. Change your outlook, and I think you'll find yourself a lot less stressed in general.

Yeah, Suave, I was in pretty much the same situation with school a few years ago. I dropped out cause I couldn't take it.

Now, I'm not recommending that you do that yourself, but I think you really need to find some balance in your life. You want to write fiction? Find a writing gig somewhere, paying or not, so you can keep your mind going and help get your mind off everything else.

Hell, my life is pretty much a brick shithouse right now, and I think I'd go insane if I didn't have to write a couple thousand words every week, both here, and for friends that like to read my fiction stuff. I have an ex girlfriend from years ago that only talks to me so that she can read my new stories. Practice your passion, and remind yourself every day of what it is you're looking to accomplish.

Life isn't dictated by the things that happen to us day to day, but rather by how we react to them. Change your outlook, and I think you'll find yourself a lot less stressed in general.

I think I'm going to give the course another week, then if it still isn't fun, I'm just going to go and look for work.

I want to get back into writing as I haven't wrote any ideas down for a good few months and the last thing I was happy woth what i wrote was my dear diane script(which can be found in the fiction section) but I just don't have the feeling like their has been anything worth me writing about since then.

Hopefully I can stop being so stressed out by these things as it is just getting so bloody much to handle right now.

If you want to be a writer, write. That's all there is to it. There is always something "worth" writing about. If you're worried about writing shit then you will never finish anything let alone be a success at it.

Writing shit is a better learning experience than taking courses. Learn what works for you and hone it. Fucking journal if you have to; it keeps you writing and it keeps the mind sharp.

Barack Obama can go fuck himself. I hate McCain as much as the next guy, but Obama is on another level of douchebaggery right now. I am so sick of his smarmy-ass attitude. Apparently, anyone who wants to keep the fruits of their labor without being raped by the federal government is "selfish". Oh, and he compared sharing his toys as a kid to paying a higher tax rate if you earn more money. Yeah, um, Barack, there's a slight difference...

AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU STILL OWNED YOUR TOYS. </Lewis Black mode>

I cannot believe the nerve of this guy. He has no fucking clue.