The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Dang it, I decided to play my PS2 last night after my 360 had another disk read error. Sadly, it appears that my PS2 has died at some point. I’ve had my PS2 for about 7 years now, with nary a problem in sight, and now it is no more. God Hand is inside too. I need to get a really small screwdriver to get it out.

And with my girlfriend having recently lost her job, I’d rather keep my expenses low for the time being. I really wanted to give The Red Star a shot too. I can only hope my 360 keeps chugging along (although if it does fail, it would be nice if it did it before my warranty runs out).

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's quite shit AJR. I feel bad for you man.

Well this isn't a vent as it is, well whatever the hell it is.

Well, if you read one of my posts in the "Things to do" thread, you would have noticed that one of the things I did was have to write an essay, but only use it to buy me time, so I could get feedback and pass a second attempt.

I haven't been in Uni for about two and a half weeks. Anyway, I ask someone to check my result for me and he says the board says I "technically" passed. Technically being put in by me as the paper will still have to get looked at by a third party. I'm quite shocked that I passed the thing when I should have failed.

Anyway I find out that today I was meant to have an assessment in on photo journalism. I didn't know about this and am handing it in late and probably it will be crap. Also I have another assessment due on Friday I can't make heads or tails of.

All in all, karmas an ironic bitch isn't it?

Guest DCAUFan1051

I know this is more for the vent thread but I figured my anguish deserved it's own thread.

I WILL BE UNABLE TO LISTEN TO WFP THIS WEEK!!

because my goddamn internet is still down...... now they're saying that it could be up to 30 days that I'll be without service!!!!

:fight:

so I'll be quivering in the corner with my racing games, new trandformers figures, and music

the bad part about my PC not being connected to the internet is iTunes cannot play any music that I've bought without being authorised

this sucks!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm gonna pull my goddamn hair out!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Fuck! I hate my university! Why, you may ask? Here's why:

Today was registration for classes. No big deal, just hop on the computer, enter in some numbers and you're done, right? Wrong! Not only could I NOT register for classes, but I come to find out that because a jackass of a professor not handing in my grades last semester, I am academical disqualified (re: I was kicked out of school). So now I have to run around for the next week and a half trying to get this matter cleared up, BEFORE I can even register for classes, which means by the time I can, all the classes I need to take this semester will be full.

You would think that the university would have told me, but NNNNOOOOOOO, I had to find out half way through the academic year. Not only that, I now have a new academic adviser, who I have never met before in my life and has no idea how to help me.

Fuck, I am so ready for this day to be fucking over!

Guest DCAUFan1051
Dude, it'll still be there when your net gets fixed.

would you be ok without internet when the only thing that is holding it up is for someone from the goddamn cable co to come out and run new lines? I think not lol

and besides I know WFP will still be there until my net gets fixed the fact remains I want it now not 30 days from now

so if I have to wait the 30 days I don't want to hear any crap from anyone about me posting on episode 41 30 days from now :D

this has been so fuckin frustrating

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm back everyone.... my internet is finally back up have brand new cable lines and everything so I'll be posting more and more then just randomly here and there.

currently syncing my iPhone have to catch up on about 7 podcasts.... WFP 1st up

Arrrgggghhh! Last night we get a call from the daycare telling us that we can't take Cade to daycare unless he's been cleared of chicken pox at the hospital. Meg took him to the emergency room last night and waited for two hours to have a doctor we know (and don't particularly like) tell us that "I don't know what it is but it definitely looks contagious and it's definitely not allergies").

Cade woke up just fine this morning so I took him in to the emergency room myself and the different doctor looked at him and said: "I don't know what it is but it definitely isn't chicken pox." We figured out that it was a rash from a life jacket he wore swimming the other night.

I missed an hour of work this morning and I'm doing fucking report cards!

Jeebus, man. Not as bad as I envisioned, but still rather nasty.

I quit my job this morning. They were going to fire me anyway, so it was sort of left with no choice. I'm about to go in for an interview today though, so hopefully, this will be a smooth transition and I won't be jobless for more than a week.

I hate the Boston Celtics with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns. Especially, Paul Pierce, who is one of the whiniest bitches I've ever seen on a basketball court.

But at least I can take solace in the fact that the Hawks took them to the very last second without Josh Smith, without Zaza Pechulia for the second half, and with Al Horford having an atrocious game. AND they did it in Boston. The Celtics are going to get curbstomped when they come to Philips Arena.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I hate the Boston Celtics with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns. Especially, Paul Pierce, who is one of the whiniest bitches I've ever seen on a basketball court.

But at least I can take solace in the fact that the Hawks took them to the very last second without Josh Smith, without Zaza Pechulia for the second half, and with Al Horford having an atrocious game. AND they did it in Boston. The Celtics are going to get curbstomped when they come to Philips Arena.

someone needs to put smelling salts under your nose there James because you are dreaming or unconcious. muh hahahahahahahahahahaha

THE BOSTON CELTICS RULE!!!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
God, I cannot wait until December 17th. The Philips Arena is going to be the loudest spot of land on the face of the planet.

and that's because the Celtics will kick the Hawks collective asses

Right, time for a long assed: "What the hell do you know Suave!?"

I missed an hour of work this morning and I'm doing fucking report cards!

Well, do what I would do, make up a wheel of fortune wheel of phrases to use and work them into the reports. Try "He is as useful as a llama in easterhouse..."

Kscriv, I'm really sorry about your brother and not to sound dickish, I am so happy it wasn't worse. I hope he is doing better.

I quit my job this morning. They were going to fire me anyway, so it was sort of left with no choice. I'm about to go in for an interview today though, so hopefully, this will be a smooth transition and I won't be jobless for more than a week.

Well dubs, hopefully you are working right into another job, at least you quit before they fired you. I hope you get the job man.

Selina, I hope the same for you, I really hope you both get new jobs soon.

Hey! Celtic pride was a great movie with Daniel Stern and Dan Akyroyd, so that let them off with having a whiny bitch player this once in my eyes.

Great that you got your internet back DCAU.

Erin, I hope that your University stuff gets sorted out and you still get a chance to do the classes that you need to do.

Right, erm, well I have to go to my Uni tomorrow to hand back a camera and find some books on politics in journalism and find two more storys I can take photos for and write about by monday. Also I have to write an essay by next friday, and well, I guess learn a lot of shorthand. All I have to vent on about this, is getting off my ass and actually doing the work.

Right. I have a vent but also something reallly shit.

I over the past few days felt great, I mean I was going to Uni, I was working and I actually knew I can do what needed to be done. For the first time in a long time, I had fuck all to vent on and when people opened this thread and not see me bitching about something minor.

Well today, I woke up and took the hour journey to Uni to hand a camera back, and grab some books from the library. I had to go, even though this was my day off I promised I'd take the camera back, plus I could get books while I was there.

It was on my way back that I suffered a really bad, well for me what I think was a panic attack, I felt so shit and was sweaty really heavily and still am slightly, even though it's cold outside. I was just wanting to run home and just fall asleep as I was really fucking drowsy even though I got a shitload of sleep.

I just felt like such shit, I was really shitting myself and now that I'm home, I feel better, but I was just wodering if anyone had any advice or tips on how to handle this if it ever happens again.