The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's out everywhere here in the UK.

So all you need to Mike is find a flight out here, get some currency changed, go to store, buy the CD find out if it's region locked. Stop an evil terrorist group you got mixed up with through hilarious means. Don't forget the problems you face with hilarious consequences during the day that do nothing but help you in the end. Stop the bad guys, grab your CD and get a flight home, and get to work for monday and get told you were off that day.....

Or you know, steal it online.....

One has hilarious consequences, one has not so hilarious consequences.....you decide.

Chinese Democracy was never meant to be heard by the outside world. Your computer may be attempting to save all of civilization.

Wrong.

Chinese Democracy is way better than a record 16 years in the making had any right to be.

It won't change the world but it rocks.

It wasn't a comment about its artistic value (I've only heard two songs off it). It was a reference to the fact that the Universe has made every effort to prevent its release for fourteen years, and that its appearance may be the first sign of the End of Days.

It wasn't a comment about its artistic value (I've only heard two songs off it). It was a reference to the fact that the Universe has made every effort to prevent its release for fourteen years, and that its appearance may be the first sign of the End of Days.

You're on to something. Their last official release was on the soundtrack for End of Days! :shocked:

Two days at my new job, and I already hate it. This company... let's just call them Toys N Stuff, is the most unorganized bunch of jackoffs that I've ever had the displeasure of working with. There are literally over 100 employees, and I never see the same people twice. If I need an answer to something, I'm told twelve different answers by twelve different people, and I couldn't tell you who any of them were or what their title was. I have a schedule that changes every day, all of my co-workers are 40-something "lifers" that were there when the goddamn store was built, and they have made it abundantly clear to me that they don't have the time or the patience to train the new guy. To cap things off, I'm not even working the position that I'd applied for. They waited until AFTER ORIENTATION to tell me that I wasn't going to be working overnights, and that I was working a completely different position. I don't even know the store manager's name. I was interviewed by a random HR guy that's apparently made of bloody anti-matter because he can disappear at will.

I'm getting ready to call my previous employer and beg for my old job back.

That company is without question the Circuit City of toy stores. It's another place I haven't even stepped foot into for like 10 years because their stores are always so damn disorganized and poorly operated.

Actually, now that I think about it, my mother worked for them back in the eighties while she was getting her teaching degree. She said it was horrific back then, too.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Two days at my new job, and I already hate it. This company... let's just call them Toys N Stuff, is the most unorganized bunch of jackoffs that I've ever had the displeasure of working with. There are literally over 100 employees, and I never see the same people twice. If I need an answer to something, I'm told twelve different answers by twelve different people, and I couldn't tell you who any of them were or what their title was. I have a schedule that changes every day, all of my co-workers are 40-something "lifers" that were there when the goddamn store was built, and they have made it abundantly clear to me that they don't have the time or the patience to train the new guy. To cap things off, I'm not even working the position that I'd applied for. They waited until AFTER ORIENTATION to tell me that I wasn't going to be working overnights, and that I was working a completely different position. I don't even know the store manager's name. I was interviewed by a random HR guy that's apparently made of bloody anti-matter because he can disappear at will.

I'm getting ready to call my previous employer and beg for my old job back.

can you say hello milton from Office Space MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah. I don't want to step back in there, quite honestly. I've never been so miserable at a job before, and this is coming from a guy that's had a gun in his face half a dozen times.

I'm practicing my groveling voice right now.

And I wish I was working in an office.

There are times that I'm very glad that I'm solely responsibly for the office admin and organization of a small company. I get my own van, phone, laptop and desktop PC and I pretty much run my own day outside of the couple of days a week I'm needed on site. You're never as miserable as when those around you are miserable too, and I'm usually pretty happy.

I've worked retail and I've worked white collar for the government and its all bullshit compared to my current job.

As much as I despise my cubicle farm, I freely acknowledge that I have it a lot better than I did when I was in retail. I worked in a supermarket for five years and a department store for three, and I don't know what was worse: the brain damaged customers that wandered the halls, the feebleminded coworkers that drove me insane, or the management who honestly believed they were some superior class of human being because they wore a green smock instead of an orange one.

I went to...ahem...Toys N Stuff to get a picnic table for the kids so we could all eat outside in the summer and I stood at the end of the checkout line after paying for it (with their handy little code cards) waiting for them to find it "in the back." Half an hour went by and they still couldn't find it. I happened to look a few feet to the left of the teller and it was there on the wall near where you enter the store, not where the sample was. I said "It's right fucking there!" and grabbed it. As I walked up to the teller again, I said "where's the manager?"

The manager shows up in 30 seconds (because the girl at the till probably hit the "please help he's going to kill me" button) and all I said was "You guys need to get your fucking heads out of your asses!"

I walked out and the alarm went off (they hadn't scanned it) and the security guard came up to stop me. I looked fireballs at him and said "Fuck off I paid for it" and walked by.

What did we learn? Be mean and you can shoplift from Toys R Us...uhm...Toys N Stuff