The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I think I just failed my course.

Damn. Are you sure?

Sucks if thats the case. I though you were doing better?

I couldn't do an essay i was meant to hand in last week, I just can't understand the work.

I have to pay tuition fees this week and I have SAAS hounded me for money that I don't have.

I really thought I could make a go of this course, but I can't. I tried to show up and do all the work that i could and so much more, but it just isn't enough.

An assesment I was due to hand in last week, which ties into two other assesments and it was the easier part and I just couldn't do it. I don't understand it, I am truly fucked this time, every other time I've said that theirs always been a bac-up, asking for extra time, just buying time with a crappy essay, but this time I have none of that, so I have the government ready to kick the shit out of me and the Uni as well.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Move on. That's all you can do my friend. You are not alone.

At least you are not my friend author Joseph McGee. Joseph passed away last night literally 12 hours after we talked about doing an interview on DM. He died of complications from diabetes (or so I've heard). Head on over to www.josephmcgee.net to check out his two novels The Reaper and Snow Hill. He was 23 and was destined for greatness. Miss you, Joe.

RIP

Austen - there's no way to say "It will get better" that doesn't sound trite, but... it will. I guarantee you everyone on this board has been down the same or very similar roads. There's better days on the other end.

Des - my God, that's terrible. 23 is far too young. My thoughts are with him and his family.

That's really shit.

Death is a horrible thing to experince whether you the new the person for one minute or full an entire lifetime.

I just got a letter from the government saying for the tax year, 2006-2007 I never made any NI contributions and it may affect my pension in later life.

I was an unemployed student then, and stil am.

The letter then goes on to add a form for me to send a cheque, or I could just ignore the letter not reply and pretend I never recieved it as phoning them would be no help the letter says.

I am dead fucking serious.

Christ my life just all round sucks.

I wish I knew where I would be in a months time, but for right now, I can't see a week into the future, I have so many debts I can't pay, so much work i can't do and my am so fucking beat up and broken down I don't even want to stay awake for more than four fucking minutes.

My head is killing me now on top of all this fun shit I;m going through.

I actually bought a packet of cigarettes and some matches and I don't even smole, what the fuck is wrong with me!

I just want to scream, but I don't know what to scream about, I want to cry, but their is nothing to cry about, I wamt to just go up a tall building and just jump off the edge.

Don't do anything stupid Suavestar, theres always a way to get through these things.

My grandmother is dying. She stopped eating a few days ago and she isn't responding to anything. She has what amounts to Alzheimer's and had several strokes earlier in the year, so this wasn't entirely unexpected. I'm almost glad that her deterioration wasn't prolonged even further, she barely resembles who she was when she went into the home four years ago.

Watching anybody slowly dying is hard enough. I had to go through it three times already. Both my dad's parents when I was ten and sixteen respectively and my mom's dad last year. My dad's dad died of cancer and my dad's mom had a stroke and never recovered. My mom's dad had been killing himself ever since I could remember with cigarettes and booze. Though it was hard to watch them die, especially my dad's mom (we were very close), I had to remember that they were all going to a better place and that they're suffering was finally over. I remember the good times and only the good times, and as long as I remember those who have passed on, I can pick up the pieces and move on with my life as they would have wanted me to.

Suave, I know times are tough for you right now, but you can't think those thoughts. Nor should you neglect that letter. Call them, maybe you can work something out. Call your folks, maybe they can give some advice on how to handle this. I'm going through my own financial difficulty right now and I talked to my dad and we worked out a solution. Ignoring the problem won't solve it. So pull yourself up and try working on a solution instead of dwelling on the problem.

I feel for all of you who are dealing with such tragic circumstances. Losing a friend at such a young age is one of the worst feelings you can ever have. Hate to admit it, but it was my close friend T.J.'s death a couple years ago that pushed me over the edge and made me abandon faith/religion altogether.

It's awful to feel the affect of a death at any age.

I just wish that everyone here who's lost anyone close to them. I don't know how to say this without sounding like an ass. I hope that you remember that they cared about you, and you cared for them, and that the last thing they would want you to do, is to keep stuck in state of limbo and having two lives lost, you still have a chance to succed. Use it. In life you are only given so little time and so much you can do, take your time, lay on the grass and remember that no matter what, you have a friend in me.

I mean, I consider everyone here a friend, have I met any of you? No, but if I were to get banned from here, or lose touch with the site, would I feel bad, hell yes, because although everyone lives all over the world, I feel closer to the people on this forumthan i do most people I see every day.

Don't do anything stupid Suavestar, theres always a way to get through these things.

My grandmother is dying. She stopped eating a few days ago and she isn't responding to anything. She has what amounts to Alzheimer's and had several strokes earlier in the year, so this wasn't entirely unexpected. I'm almost glad that her deterioration wasn't prolonged even further, she barely resembles who she was when she went into the home four years ago.

My thoughts are with you Stavros. They always say "they lived a long, full life" but it sucks. I lost my grandmother about a year and a half ago and it still sucked.

This forum needs some booze.