The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know how i can stop my Uni from taking my tuition out of my bank account on the 28th.

Before anyone says "That is the stupidest thing ever to ask" perhaps we've never met.....

Also, I've never been a in a Wal-mart, but I've seen the movie and I need to ask, are they as vindictive bastards as they are made out to be in the movie.

Sorry I can't remember the name of the film, it was something like the cost of cheap living and talked about all the bad things wal-marts done.

DCAU mentioned the film earlier.

True story - the last time I was in a Walmart, I slipped in something as an employee watched with his mouth hanging open. Didn't see if I was all right. Then spent ten extra minutes in the checkout line because the girl needed to explain her, um, digestive difficulties to me in rather more detail than I felt the transaction warranted.

Suave - the only way to make 100% certain the school doen't take your money is to tell your bank ahead of time not to let the transaction go through. They may or may not go along with you.

The movie you're referring to is "The High Cost of Business" or some such, and yes, it really is as bad as all that.

Every now and then a relative will give me a gift card to Wal-Mart, and though I appreciate the thought, I hate having to go in there to spend it. Dan summed them up quite nicely; there's always a manager or two overseeing the lines, but they never seem to actually notice that said lines aren't flowing as smoothly as possible. Plus, the way the stores are laid out, you have to push through the overflowing lines to actually get your shopping done. It's a terrible, nonsensical layout.

heres something I was told during business about five years ago now....

When wal-mart wanted to buy ASDA they went into areas where they were and completely crushed them until ASDA gave up and then shut down their stores and fucked off.

Can anyone make any sense of this:

Please note that this Inbox is for Recruitment positions only. If you are applying for non-recruitment positions, please contact your Adecco or Office Angels local branch directly.

It's going to be fun being more broke and careerless than i am now.....

Oh, I see..

To get rid of the Wal-mart you just need to find the mirror in the back and break it. I saw it in a documentary I watched last night.

That means......hey i can get three copys of timecop for only $9.95....

Oh and the golden girls do dallas and buy their grandkids new cardigans is the best movie/feature length episode of a show ever.

I just logged onto AIM for the first time in at least 8 weeks, and the first person to send me an IM is the girl who abandoned me at AWA. Best part? Based on the quirkiness of her IM to me (her normal IM style), I can tell she has no clue what she did to me.

Gotta love it.

Frankly, I'm more surprised by the fact you're actually on AIM. The only person on less than you is Mike, who I've never once seen sign on in four years.

Pretty much, yeah.

I just ignored her IM. If I actually responded, I would be able to keep my cool; but I have no desire to make an enemy, no matter where they are. And I know eventually, I'd say something that would piss her off, and who knows--she may track me down and stab me to death one day. I figure just ignoring her (kinda like she did with me every time I called her at AWA) will make her go away quickly.

Guest DCAUFan1051
So, I just picked up the complete BTAS, and it's really great seeing these old eps that I haven't seen since I was five.

You aren't venting.

Unless of course, you're about to get to "The Terrible Trio". :ph34r:

fixed :D