The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051
Why is it everyones having lunch except me....

Well, I'm off to have my dinner.

because when it's noon time in the states it's like 5pm over that side of the pond so when we have lunch you have dinner. it's alll kindsa messed up.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if they're distracted by other work or simply slow, but people who take a long time responding on the phone get on my nerves. For instance, this is a conversation I just had:

Me: This is Mike Sims. You called earlier?

Guy: ... ... ... ... Yes. Hi.

Me: Is this about the surveys?

Guy: ... ... ... ... Yes. How are they going so far?

Me: We started a few hours ago, but everything's been good.

Guy: ... ... ... ... Good. Good. We'd like to run them until Tuesday.

Me: Right.

Guy: ... ... ... ... I'll call you later in the week to see how things are going.

Me: Okay.

Guy: ... ... ... ... If you have any questions, just call.

Me: Will do.

Guy: ... ... ... ... Bye.

Finally got round to talking to SAAS about the money i owe them.

Right now, I would be in a defecit of £200 a month.

So what i have to do first thing friday morning is go to my Uni and say "Stop taking my money!"

Tomorrow I'm going to stop the DD from my bank and hope that i still get the loan payments for the next few months as finding a job looks to be.....hard.

Ah shit.

heres a conversation between myself and a now ex-friend a few moments ago.

Him: alright.

Me: alright.

Him: howz things?

Me: Shit, you?

Him: Not bad. What happened now?....

Me: What d'you mean "What happened now?..."

Him: exactly what it says.

Me: Ok. It's quite long though.

Him: Oh.

Him: Well, cut it short then.

I then in my own way ended the conversation there.

Suave, it's spelled "there". "Their" is not the universal spelling for that homonym.

Ok, I changed it.

Wait, so you stopped being friends with him because of that? Granted, I can't understand half of that conversation, but it doesn't strike me as something to get pissed about.

Well, it's just a building thing, like whenever I speak to him he cuts off what i'm saying and changes the subject to something completely different. that just personally insulted me and is in a long line of things that he's done to piss me off.

Also one of my big buttons is being cut off mid sentence and the person changing the subject.

As a Journalism student, I am forced to take in and try to understand all of this coalition stuff.

Personally I like it, I'd rather not have Stephen Harper in power. I know I'm in the minority on the loving the coalition stuff but it's the way I see it.

As a Journalism student, I am forced to take in and try to understand all of this coalition stuff.

Personally I like it, I'd rather not have Stephen Harper in power. I know I'm in the minority on the loving the coalition stuff but it's the way I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I have called for Harper's head since he was the opposition leader. I don't like the way things are unraveling. This isn't democratic to me.

An NDP/Liberal coalition probably has politics very close to where I lie but the closeness with the Bloc worries me and the fact that the matter lies in the hands of an idiot woman whose job is entirely ceremonial. I want Harper gone but I want it because we said so, not a bunch of rich assholes.

Also, the fact that this is blocking any attempt to stem the economic downturn nauseates me and makes me side with Harper. Fuck off and let him do his job. He is the PM with a minority government. Let him do what he does and hold him accountable, that's what your job is. Don't be a sore loser and attempt a bloodless coup less than two months after an election you so brutally got trounced in (yes, I'm talking the Liberal party). Remewmber when Dion announced he was stepping down? Yeah. That still needs to happen. He's an ineffectual leader who looks like he's going to have a bawling fit every time he shouts in the House of Commons. Ignatieff needs to be the Liberal leader before I vote for them again.

All the people saying it isn't democratic need to realize they are wrong. I aint saying the ethics are at least a little bit questionable, but saying it aint democratic is wrong

As Canadians, we do not directly vote on who will be Prime Minister, we vote for an MP. As a country, we voted more Bloc/NDP/Liberals than Conservatives. It's within their legal right to form a coalition. It is democratic.

Just getting a pet peeve off my back.

Also Harper is running scared now, hah.

I certainly think it's undemocratic for them to give the government 2 1/2 weeks in Parliament before throwing a wrench into the gears of government.

All this shit going on in the world right now and our leaders are bickering like fuckig children and NOT doing their jobs. This coalition is to blame. I hate siding with harper, I do. But give the guy a chance to use his Minority government to make some decisions. Don't push him into a corner before he has a chance to piss you off.

And Holy Shit does Stephane Dion need a camera man. Did you see that video. I've seen webcam rants delivered in better resolution and mise en scene than that.

I am seriously thinking about Glasgow, Scotland or Portland, Oregon as a home. Dion will not be my Prime Minister.

I am seriously thinking about Glasgow, Scotland or Portland, Oregon as a home.

Yay! Just think of the fun situations we could get ourselves involved in Des if you moved to Glasgow!

I mean sure we would get into tight spots, but we'd always get out of them with hilarious concequences.

I already have a theme song....

Yay! Just think of the fun situations we could get ourselves involved in Des if you moved to Glasgow!

I mean sure we would get into tight spots, but we'd always get out of them with hilarious concequences.

Don't drive him away from the British Isles!!!

On a serious note, the UK system seriously isn't that much better. The upswing is that the three main parties all hate each other so much that there's unlikely to be a coalition government. Local councils, sure, but not in parliament..

Don't drive him away from the British Isles!!!

On a serious note, the UK system seriously isn't that much better. The upswing is that the three main parties all hate each other so much that there's unlikely to be a coalition government. Local councils, sure, but not in parliament..

I actually regard the British Parliament as being a prime example of the Goldilock zone in politics (Goldilocks zone=just right). Theres enough diversity to provide more than two opposing opinions but at the same time the government has enough control to exert its influence in most cases. Its not a system prone to radical change or upheaval. Places like the US are so bogged down in left vs right that little is done without enormous exertation, and other contries have a hundred different parties ruling in coalition that provide little in the way of stability.

Aside from the people up in Scotland who are chasing independence (which will only cost themselves) the UK has a pretty good situation.

And then you have the Irish system where the two main parties Fianna Fail and Fine Gael are both right wing and aren't that much different from one another in policies. While the other parties like Labour, Sinn Fein and the Green Party are pointless because they have to compromise their own beliefs and hop into bed with one of the big two, which is what happened with both labour and the Greens. And Sinn Fein are outcasts because of links with the Provo's. And the Progressive Democrats only won 2 seats in the last elections so they have closed the party becuase they don't feel it viable anymore.

I don't know who I am going to vote for in the next election, although it won't be any of those parties

Aside from the people up in Scotland who are chasing independence (which will only cost themselves) the UK has a pretty good situation.

Hey. Ah, who am I kidding, I have no response. Hello Stavros!

What annoys me about politics is that we don't really know where we are economy-wise or anything else until something goes wrong.

So we're kept in the dark till the last possible moment.

Heres a few things people have said to me. First a friend. "When Tony Blair was in power, at least I know what was going on, with Gordon Brown I don't know anything unless I watch the news." I told my dad this and added that you really have to watch the news all day to actually have a clue whats going on and he told me "I watch then news all the time and even I don't know what the hell is going on...

Changing the subject slightly from politics to.....whatever the hell this subject is, oh wait, me being me. Ok.

Anyway, I'm just typing up the e-mail I'm going to send to the head of my course about me leaving, I'm going to go speak to her tomorrow, but I felt I might as well write her an e-mail as well.

How does this sound:

Hi Margaret. It's Austen from the first year Journalism class here.

I feel the need to speak to you today Friday 5th December 2008, about my place on the course.

Due to personal issues that I did not expect when I started the course.

After much personal delibration, I came to the decision that it was in my and everyone elses best interest if I leave the course starting from December 12th 2008.

I would like to thank you for the oppurtunity that you gave me on this course. And wish everyone well with the rest of the course.

Austen Beattie

There’s a few spelling mistakes there Suavestar. I’ve just messed around with the wording a little, but here’s what I’d suggest:

Hi Margaret. It's Austen from the first year Journalism class here.

I was hoping to speak to you this Friday about my place in the course. To be honest, I’ve been having personal issues with the course that I wasn’t prepared for, and I just don’t think my heart is in it. I’ve been thinking about it for a while, and I’ve come to the decision that it would be in everyone’s best interests if I leave the course this following Friday, the 12th of December.

I would like to thank you for the opportunities that you given me, and I wish my classmates well.

Austen Beattie