The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Okay, as you may or may not know I was really, really sick yesterday. But that's not what I am going to vent about. Oh, no. This vent is about the day I spent after being sick.

I have a friend that I have not seen since graduation is getting married. That's all well and good. She wants me to come wedding dress shopping with her fine

The kicker: I'm not invited to the wedding.

So I had to spend the part of my day after being sick going shopping for a wedding dress with someone who is not going to invite me to the wedding. Oh joy. <_<

But...MY GOD! THE HORROR! I would rather be bent over the toilet vomiting my guts out again than look at one more wedding dress. The whole experience would not have been so bad if the dresses were pretty, but they were the type of wedding dresses that make the bride look like the cake. Bows, lace, gaudy sequins, the works.

To top it off, not only did she not find a dress, but she wants to go again tomorrow. Maybe I can get out of it by getting sick again. :ph<_<r:

When and if I get married, I am so going to either make my own dress or elope. I'm leaning heavily towards latter after this experience.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My problem is I'm too nice for my own good. I always manage to get myself into these situations with helping friends plan their weddings, birthdays, whatever. Then when I need help planning my own event, everyone is too busy. I've come to the conclusion that I will be the proverbial bridesmaid for forever, even for weddings I'm not invited too. Sigh. Why me?

My part of the wedding preparation - the only part I was allowed - was "show up on time, dressed appropriately."

At my step-sisters wedding I barely managed one of those. It was a choice between wearing trainers or turning up 5 minutes late, and I've been to quite a few weddings (cash in hand gigs from my choirboy days) so I just figured it would start late like all the others. I was filled with shame its fair to say.

HER: Which flowers do you like, the red ones or the blue ones?

ME: I kinda like the blue ones.

HER: Or the red ones?

ME: Yeah, but no, I think the blue ones look nicer.

ME: They're very nice, but I'm going with the blue ones.

ME: (finally getting it) Those red flowers are really nice. Let's get those.

HER: I like those too! This is so much fun!

ME: You bet.

Monica: Which flowers do you like, the red ones or the blue ones?

Chandler/Dan: I kinda like the blue ones.

Monica: Or the red ones?

Chandler/Dan: Yeah, but no, I think the blue ones look nicer.

Chandler/Dan: They're very nice, but I'm going with the blue ones.

Chandler/Dan: (finally getting it) Those red flowers are really nice. Let's get those.

Monica: I like those too! This is so much fun!

Chandler/Dan: You bet.

Dan's life is an episode of Friends.

Monica: Which flowers do you like, the red ones or the blue ones?

Chandler/Dan: I kinda like the blue ones.

Chandler/Dan: Yeah, but no, I think the blue ones look nicer.

Chandler/Dan: They're very nice, but I'm going with the blue ones.

Chandler/Dan: (finally getting it) Those red flowers are really nice. Let's get those.

Monica: I like those too! This is so much fun!

Chandler/Dan: You bet.

Dan's life is an episode of Friends.

I swear they stole my life story.

Weddings aren't that bad. As long as you do every little thing the bride tells you to do blindly and when you make a mistake, even if it is the exact thing she told you to do, you immediately apologize and commit seppuku.

Not that bad.

It becomes easier when the decisions being made are about things for which you literally have no opinion. If you honestly don't care what shade of off-white eggshell the tablecloths are going to be, then you get to go watch the game when that particular meltdown is happening.

The whole experience would not have been so bad if the dresses were pretty, but they were the type of wedding dresses that make the bride look like the cake. Bows, lace, gaudy sequins, the works.

Why haven't I met this women yet?

When you said graduation, please say you met from part time O.A.P to full time.

My part of the wedding preparation - the only part I was allowed - was "show up on time, dressed appropriately."

Is this why I was not allowed into the ceremony because I was four hours late and wore the same dress as the bride?

How was I meant to know she was going to wear a sleeveless off the back number from Nialanna in a size 33 as well?

You know Suave, I like you and all, but sometimes you just try way too hard.

Not every post has to have a punchline.

I know, it just felt like a good oppurtunity.

But I'll cut back.

Anyway, I spoke to my head lecturer today in person, she was sorry to see me go, but understood it was in my best interest.

The other people I was working with today were sorry to hear I was leaving, but were glad I actually said I was going instead of just fucking off and saying nothing. Bit of an ego thing for me here now:

I was working with a group on editing footage for a video class and even though I won't be doing the rest of the course. I mean, I told them i would finish up the project and I will and when the project is finished, then I will be finished with the course.

So I just got off the phone with my old boss about coming back to work. His hands are a bit tied, so the soonest he can schedule me back is the 15th. On my bi-weekly pay rate, this means that I won't be getting my first paycheck until after Christmas, which means that I'm pretty much fucked in terms of buying presents for people. I already had to sell my 360 to make rent this month, but now the $7 I have in my wallet has to cover gas and food for the rest of the year somehow.

Life is really fucking great sometimes.

Man that really sucks Dubs. I remember those days of having very little money in my wallet. But I know you'll pull through this and have a great Christmas season. I'll think positive thoughts for you.

Suave- When I say graduation, I mean high school graduation. I don't know what you call it across the pond. But I think my "friend" who likes wedding dresses with gaudy and completely useless accessories is a little young for your taste. She's under 65 and I mean way under 65. I'm 21 and she's a year younger than me.

Needless to say, I managed to get out of Day 2 of wedding dress shopping and for forever. I never thought the day would come when I would be glad for finals week, but boy am I glad for finals week.

Fuck Dubs, that's shit.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I really hope things get better for you really soon.

Erin: We don't get a high school graduation over here, all we get is the "Hey, your not dead yet.....get off school property"

Does she act like an old woman? cause I do make slight exceptions for fans of Countdown.(The TV quiz.) :devil:

Eating Taco Bell wasn't a wise idea. Every time I eat Taco Bell, I promise myself I will never eat there again because it destroys my digestive system. And sure enough, eight months, a year, whatever time later, I go there out of necessity and I end up writhing in pain all day afterwards.

On a related note, I'm going to the doctor for the first time in over two years Wednesday to see what's wrong with my stomach. I have heartburn constantly and my chest hurts damn-near every day, so I'm worried it could be acid-reflux or something even worse like an ulcer.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Eating Taco Bell wasn't a wise idea. Every time I eat Taco Bell, I promise myself I will never eat there again because it destroys my digestive system. And sure enough, eight months, a year, whatever time later, I go there out of necessity and I end up writhing in pain all day afterwards.

On a related note, I'm going to the doctor for the first time in over two years Wednesday to see what's wrong with my stomach. I have heartburn constantly and my chest hurts damn-near every day, so I'm worried it could be acid-reflux or something even worse like an ulcer.

ya gotta stay away from Taco HELL James :D

sorry your not feeling well dude. Hope it's nothing serious.