The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why oh why, when my name badge is as prominent as the proverbial red letter, do people insist on asking if I work at Sears? It's getting to the point where I may very well pull a Bill Engvall and say, "No. I'm just a superhero only known as George who wanders around a department store pointing people towards the bathroom."

So I fucked up on my Projector thing (reviews aren't accepted) so I need to write a new article tonight (on nerd culture no less, 3/4 done as I write), get the "it's god enough" nte tomorrow, the editor of the paper is giving the, out between 4-6PM tomorrow...which means I'm missing my 8AM deadline, which means I lose (I think 50% of the grade) but whatever, if I get it in, I'll still be able to pass. I'm just paranoid it wont count and I'll be done.

Also I have my PR final tomorrow morning, and because of what I described above, I have yet to study it tonight. My plan is finish the article, take a break (go for a walk) and review my PR notes. It's going to be a long night.

Can't wait for Wednesday, only 2 easy classes and we're done at 1PM

Why oh why, when my name badge is as prominent as the proverbial red letter, do people insist on asking if I work at Sears? It's getting to the point where I may very well pull a Bill Engvall and say, "No. I'm just a superhero only known as George who wanders around a department store pointing people towards the bathroom."

How Ironinc I just got done listening to "Heres your Sign!" when I read this post...

Guest DCAUFan1051

How Ironinc I just got done listening to "Heres your Sign!" when I read this post...

yeah I love the purple nano I was debating between that and the black but went with the purple.... wish they'd have had a black wheel and buttons on it though instead of the white. I know white is Apple's trademark color :D

Bill Engvall is a GOD!!!!

so is Jeff Dunham!!!!!!

yeah I love the purple nano I was debating between that and the black but went with the purple.... wish they'd have had a black wheel and buttons on it though instead of the white. I know white is Apple's trademark color :D

Bill Engvall is a GOD!!!!

so is Jeff Dunham!!!!!!

This shake factor annoys me to some capacity. Ill accidently shake it at the most unportune times! DC, Have you found a way to turn it off?

I have until 10:00am to finish this final paper I'm working on and send it to my professor. I am beginning page 3 of 8, and am steadily growing more and more tired. Best part? I have a doctor's appointment at 9:40am, so I don't really have as much time as you'd think. I'm going to be nodding off while my doctor asks me what the hell I've been eating to cause this horrendous problem with my stomach. Oh, and later on today, I'm going to take an eye exam having gotten probably no sleep at all. That should be fun.

Someone please shoot me.

I just had the perhaps the most uncomfortable experience of my life to date.

I was out Christmas shopping when I get a call on my cell. I don't know the number, but I don't have all the numbers of people I know, so I'm thinking it's someone I know calling from an unfamiliar number. It was someone I knew, but never wanted to talk to again: My ex-boyfriend.

This would be the ex-boyfriend who I dated in high school five years ago, who cheated on me, then told our friends that we were breaking up before he told me. Anyway, he makes some small talk, meanwhile I'm wondering how he got my number. Then he asks if I'm seeing anyone. I say 'no' when I probably should have said 'yes'. He then has the nerve to ask me if I want to get back together.

Now I'm not normally a violent person, but I told him that if he called me again that I would kick him in the balls, then break his nose. I promptly hung up on him and went home.

The whole experience has put me in a dark mood. Hopefully wrapping presents and listening to some Christmas music will put me back in the holiday spirit, but it's not looking good right now.

Yeah, some guy called here just shy of two o'clock looking for someone named Angel. I was like, "Who the fuck is Angel, and who the fuck makes a call at this time of night?!" Then I hung up. According to the caller ID, it was a day labor / employment service, but come on! If you're going to be making employment calls at that time, get the damn number right.

So as you get older, life gets harder. What point does it get easier? From my 31yr old view it seems to be whenever you're kids are old enough to pay for dinner out. So if I'm 31 and still single, I have a LONG way to go before life gets "easier". Thank god I have a business to focus on, it's my kid, wife and mistress all rolled in to one :)

Well time for me to go off on one like never before:

Well, I texted the person I was meant to meet up with today, asking if we're still on for today.

I get a reply twenty mintues later and heres what it said:

If u wanna make it for another day. dats fine with me but if we plan to meet 2day, wut time would it be?

Sometimes, I just wish I could ram a bullet into my fucking skull rather than try and understand people.

Edit: OK, sorted that out at least. Still meeting up with them.

My mum comes home ten minutes ago.

Her: Why you not at college?

First off it's uni, I've told her numerous times. I was at college and before I left I was at Uni.

Me: It's my day off.

Even though, I've left, she knows it is my fucking day off as it has been for fucking months.

Her: That course is shit, your barely ever in. You should just chuck it and find a job.

Nice vote of confidence. I may have chucked it to find a job, but that was because I realised I have to, not cause of anyone else.

Her: you do fuck all around here. All you do is sleep.

Yes, and that is because I drove myself completely insane trying to pass my course last year and failing. Working at something you know you can't do, does that to you. Also knowing that you are finacially fucked for the rest of your life and have no fucking life to speak of, because you threw it all a way trying to achieve something and failing, does that to you. Also having to keep that to yourself and not let anyone know how much it got to you, cause you had to keep all the fucking problems to yourself, and no one wants to hear a story about overcoming the odds only to have one thing, one fucking thing screw it all up/

Her: All you do is sit and watch tele.

Really, cause most of the time, if you ask me what I was watching, I can barely tell you as mind is always worried about how much my life is fucked.

Her: I want you out of this house.

be a bit of a problem, seeing as my funds are going to run out in a month and sleeping on the streets in the cold isn't my idea of fun, though it is pretty fucking tempting right now.

This is on top of the usual family shit I have to deal with, like my two oldest brothers, one with two boys and one with his first in the way think I'm a fucking overweight retard.

Oh my life is just great.

Sorry about all the swearing.

Edit: feel free to laugh at this, as from someone elses view, this could almost seem funny.

Well that is Celsius, which I think comes out to like 3 Farenheit

They're also calling for -30 for Saturday Night (-22 F), which will likely be the standard from now until the end of February.

Also while the snow sucks now, when I get to the lake it will rule, Snowmobiles and a whole hell of a lot of toboganing

Two days ago there was a perforation in my dad's intestines. He blacked out and went to the ER. Feces started seeping into his body and infection began. He's on a shit ton of morphine and that's not helping the pain. The superdose of antibiotics is what the doctors are hoping will keep him out of surgery. Merry Christmas. :no:

Damn, Des, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he feels better and soon.

I actually got back from the doctor to get my abdomen checked out. I'm going to have to get a CT scan, which is bad news for me because the last time I had one, the dye they put inside me to contrast on their monitors caused me to become violently nauseous and really cold and weak.

Damn, Des, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he feels better and soon.

I actually got back from the doctor to get my abdomen checked out. I'm going to have to get a CT scan, which is bad news for me because the last time I had one, the dye they put inside me to contrast on their monitors caused me to become violently nauseous and really cold and weak.

Thanks. Remember my comment about stomach problems? Both my dad and grandpa have/had IBS and Diverticulitis. The Diverticulitis caused ruptures in both of their intestines. My grandpa when he was 72, my Dad is 61, so I figure I'll be shitting into a bag by 50.

Genetics are fucking grande.