Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time for my most random vent yet.

I'm going to put something in spoilers that is pretty personal, so if you don't want to see it, you don't have to.

I just realised yesterday that I have no course and no career and no money for the next six months. Oh, and I haven't told my family yet.

The lecturer from a few months ago, the one who told me to steal storys, well he kept talking about this story he wrote for the guardian, one of the most well respected papers in the UK, and how it was so great, he's up for an award for it.

Mylandro, showed me something the other day, it was the story.

Everyone here knows how what I write seems to make no sense when you first read it, but theirs a purpose for it exsisting.

This story was the most random gibberish I've ever read.

Seriously, look up this guy, if you have time go to the guardian.com and type in

Kenneth Pratt

and search for his story on Uganda. I am getting this story framed and put ion my wall to remind me I made the right choice leaving Journalism.

]The person I've been going out with is a guy, which makes me bi/gay. I really don't care, he is an awesome guy and I love him and he loves me. I'm worried about how people will react. I spoke to one guy on Xbox live and spoke to him and told him I was out with my partner and then he starting saying how it is against the bible and how I should dump him and find a girlfriend and then changing his motto to suavestars a poof. Why the hell would he act like such a jackass. Oh well.

I also picked up a deathstroke figure and put it on the shelf, it doesn'have a stand which makes it stand out a little from the rest, but I dont mind as it does look good.

The person I've been going out with is a guy, which makes me bi/gay. I really don't care, he is an awesome guy and I love him and he loves me. I'm worried about how people will react. I spoke to one guy on Xbox live and spoke to him and told him I was out with my partner and then he starting saying how it is against the bible and how I should dump him and find a girlfriend and then changing his motto to suavestars a poof. Why the hell would he act like such a jackass. Oh well.

Suave, I obviously don't know how your family or friends will react, but you need to do what will make you happy. Hopefully seeing you happy will br more important than anything else they might have going on.

Dude, you don’t need to put stuff like that in spoiler tags. This is a surprisingly open minded place.

And I’m happy for you. It’s good to hear that at least one aspect of your life is going well.

Regarding the article: I think he covered an interesting subject. It’s just a shame it’s not very well written. It’s a good thing you decided not to follow in his footsteps.

I tried to read the article. Besides using too many parenthesis and randomly switching from spelling out numbers to actually using numbers, it's just hard to read. I got through two paragraphs.

As for the other stuff, rock on. It's your life. You live it how you want. People should stop using religion as a way to excuse their hatred.

Thank you for your support guys.

I am happy with him and he seems happy with me and that's all that matters.

I used the spoiler tag so's not to seem like I'm looking for attention with it, I now realise that I did the exact opposite.

I'm glad people who's work I do like and do respect, agree that it's just nonsense he wrote.

I'm happy with at least this one thing in my life, and as you said AJR at least that part of my life is going well.

I gave my dad his birthday christmas present today, the all star superman book.

He seemed happy with it for five minutes, then his friend came round to say hi and was so close to asking why I would get a 59 year old man a Superman book.

I think my dad sort of agreed with him, forgetting that he once told me his favourite superhero when he was younger was superman.

I tried to read the article. Besides using too many parenthesis and randomly switching from spelling out numbers to actually using numbers, it's just hard to read. I got through two paragraphs.

That's the AP style at work. Except in the case of percentages, money and a few other instances, numbers from zero through nine should be spelled out. Any number from 10 and up needs to be written as a numeral, except when it starts a sentence. It can look awkward, switching like that, but it's technically correct.

Going to the movies today, I realized my near crippling need for a girlfriend.

It's been over six months now since my ex and I broke up, but it still feels like I was there yesterday. Making it even worse, we pretty much agreed to never see or speak to each other again (more like, she told me we could be friends, and her new boyfriend said otherwise) so I'll never really have much in the way of closure there. It all happened so fast I think my brain is still trying to catch up with everything. I should be enjoying this... freedom that I have now. I can do anything I want, but I'm doing nothing with the opportunity. Considering everything else going on in my life, it shouldn't be a huge priority to me, but it's just festering there. It won't die.

I swear it feels like everyone around me has already found the love of their life and time is just passing me by. I wasted over four years of my life with my most recent ex and have literally nothing to show for it. Of course, I am not in the financial or mental state to be with anyone right now, but my heart doesn't seem to care how my brain or my wallet are doing. I was actually considering rejoining that dating site I quit a few months ago. I swear I'm a goddamn masochist.

Dude, I actually got a message once from a girl named "CockWhore69".

I'm NOT settling for that.

Well, someones picky.....

I got ID today for the first time in like five years trying to buy a copy of Rambo, I'm 21 and it's twelve thirt at night.

I had my student card, but being twenty one, six foot tqo has nothing to do with the fact that i may be underage.

Dude, I actually got a message once from a girl named "CockWhore69".

I'm NOT settling for that.

Well, someones picky.....

I got ID today for the first time in like five years trying to buy a copy of Rambo, I'm 21 and it's twelve thirt at night.

I had my student card, but being twenty one, six foot tqo has nothing to do with the fact that i may be underage.

It's getting to the point that parents are bitching so much that a lot places have to card anyone that looks younger than 30, at risk of losing their jobs.