The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I don't know how things work over there. Does Scotland have something to the equivalent of an Unemployment Office? If anyone is going to keep your head above water and help you find a job, it's them.

As for the stress you're dealing with, we've all been there, man. Hell, I still am there to an extent myself. The best thing to keep in mind is that when you wake up tomorrow, you'll still be alive and you'll see that the world hasn't come to an end. I know things seem unbearable right now, but there is always a way to make it through, and sometimes just having the faith that you'll be able to do it can work wonders. I'm the most pessimistic person on the planet and I'M saying this, so you should be able to work it out as well.

As for having someone to talk to about your emotional state, there are a lot of people you can call or find online that are willing to listen if you're willing to look. I had to do the same thing when I went through my break up and it definitely helped. Failing that, or any family and friends that you may have, I'm on AIM a good six hours out of the day and I'm really not as much of a prick as I may come off here at times.

Just look at the things you do have right now. You have your mother, you have a roof over your head, and you have the means to feed yourself. Now, just work from there. You'll get through it.

It does have unemployment, but because I'm still a student, on a student income, the loan, I won't get it. The loan is barely covering the expenses.

I really need a goal at the end of the day man, right now, I have nothing to wake up the next day for, as pathetic as that sounds.

I do have one friend and my partnher who i could talk to, but i'm burdening them enough as it is, with my selfish worried about myself atttitude.

Thanks for the offer dubs. I may take you up on it, also your one of the people on here who's opinions I respect a lot, and that's not saying I don't respect everyone on this forum, I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't come across as a prick, your one of the coolest guys I've never met.

Suave-I echo what Dubs said. There was a time when because of what I was doing to myself that I couldn't look myself in the mirror without being disgusted at what, not who, I saw. It was tough but I found hope to cling onto and I'm at a pretty good place now.

Yeah Dread, I really need an out for some of the problems, they seem to be coming all at once, which is something I can't handle and it's the scariest thing I have ever dealt with.

New thing, I have some sort of violent flu or food posioning, I can't keep a drink down and whenever I try to have one, I throw it back up five minutes later, leaving me dehydrated and needing anothwer drink, and repeating the process.

I didn't get any sleep last night because of this and my body feels like it is on fire, I think I may have threw up twenty times in the last twelve hours alone.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

suave, as well as heeding the advice of Des & Dubs, I'd really recommend that you see a doctor to help you overcome your current ailments. When you feel physically better, you'll find it easier to focus on your other problems and take them one step at a time.

With regards to you finding a goal, that really is the best thing you can do in the long term. From a personal standpoint, I spent 6 months trying and failing to get a foot in the door of radio, and having given myself 6 months, and my gf breaking up with me out of the blue, re-evaluating what I was good at/wanted to do put me on the path to where I am now (ie/ starting an MA in Museum Studies in September), which I've been preparing for the last year now. I'm in such a better place than I was this time last year and it's down to finding that goal. Good luck with finding yours.

Thanks Ian.

I really need tio re-evaluate my life and go and see my doctor, I don't know why I keep putting it off, but getting this flu may just help me go and see him and try and get some help.

I don't know what I want to do at the moment, I mean I've always loved writing, editing video footage and stuff, but I lost all passion for this recently, I guess I should take a few days to rest, I mean really rest and work out where I want to be in 5 years.

Definately see the doctor first, mate. As I said, the healthier you are, the sounder your choices in life will be.

As to what your goal should be, I can only really tell you what I did. I drew a sort of chart ranging from what I really wanted to do to what I didn't want to do but know that I could feasibly do as a day job. Staying personal, I love doing what I do for Earth-2.net, but I'm not brave enough to set about doing writing/podcasting or otherwise as my career path. That's strictly because I want a secure job and I'm not competetive enough to get a media job (something I found out in my 6 month radio quest). So think of as broad a scope as you can in terms of goals and then whittle them down via feasibility. And that's as much as I can offer.

That having been said, I have my goal and that isn't 5 years into the future. My goal (ie/ degree) will probably get me to where I am in 5 years, but that amount of time is far too vague/far-off in the current climate, so make your goal where you want to be from where you currently are.

And with that, I'm going to bed!

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I know this is a minor issue but it still pisses me off. With me moving to the new apartment I have to give up DIRECTV I love them and it's a great service however at the new apartment it would be too much of a hassle to have it. So I have to switch to the Cable Company that provides me Internet Service. The biggest downside to this is that I can no longer get the MLBNtework because Insight doesn't get it. :grumble: oh well..... I'll survive I guess.

Report cards can suck my ass.

Just write down the letter A a lot, you get an easy job, the kids are happy, everyone is happy.

Also my rant for the day.

Well I had two major assignements due today which I didn't get done due to my aforementioned sickness, yesterday I got home at 4PM, was in bed at 4:30, got up at 9PM, sent in my "wont be there tomorrow" email (that's now 6 sick days in 22 school days this semester, ugh) and went to bed at 11. So I have to do two assignments (got one done, yay) that I'm 90% sure they'll take with a sick note. In addition to a research assignment due for tomorrow that I have not started on yet.

So let's see my checklist for the day:

-Job letter assignment (DONE)

-Advertising assignment

-Radio Assignment

-Get my sick letter

The getting the sick letter part is annoying now because due to the rest yesterday, or maybe the bug has run its course, I actually feel better, I'm kinda paranoid I wont get the letter. Also I may get lucky as the Radio assignment is done over two classes, if I'm in the second class I get a week to work on it. Anyhow, I'm a touch pannicked.

EDIT: Upon further review I AM in the second class for the radio assignment (I was led to believe otherwise), and the Ad assignment was easier than once thought...wow that's a load off.

Report cards can suck my ass.

Just write down the letter A a lot, you get an easy job, the kids are happy, everyone is happy.

Yeah, except when I'm audited at the end of the year and they see a student in English 12 who writes the following on an Of Mice and Men essay: I like Lennie because he likes rabbits. Rabbits are nice and I like to pet them too. I don't kill them though because that is sad.

Yeah, except when I'm audited at the end of the year and they see a student in English 12 who writes the following on an Of Mice and Men essay: I like Lennie because he likes rabbits. Rabbits are nice and I like to pet them too. I don't kill them though because that is sad.

I had class with people like those in high school. In fact, I still have classes with people like those at my university.

Was that the entire essay?

Also, my schedule this week can suck my non-existent dick.

Of Mice and Men essay: I like Lennie because he likes rabbits. Rabbits are nice and I like to pet them too.

How did they get my dissertation on Mice and men!?

I feel a bit better today and can actually eat something, I'm going to call my GP tomorrow and ask for a double appointment so that i can explain all my problems and actually get some help with them.

Kellen's homework struggle 2/3/09

So, I kinda got lazy on doing my homework and left the ad stuff a bit late. I was talking to a friend and it turns out hey that radio thing is due tomorrow.

So what do I need to do.

-Creative Strategy, 1 page (Advertising)

-Copy Sheet, 1 page (Advertising)

-History of Radio Presentation, 2 Pages typed, 5 minute oral presentation (Radio)

I need to be up at 7AM tomorrow, wish me luck.

I have to wait till tuesday for my doctors appointment with a new doctor as my old one has left the practice.

I have to wait till friday to see if I can handle my money problems for a few more weeks of I get a student loan payment on friday, if not I'm screwed.

I also applied for travel expenses to pay off the money I owe SAAS and take care of at least one stressful problem.

I really hope both go through without a problem as it would help to take care of one problem for a little while at least.

Right, I just set up a new standing order with SAAS and should get the forms sent out to me to set up monthly payments for me to send them what I own them and hopefully that should be the end of that problem.

So now I just have to hope for the following:

I still get student loan to pay off debts.(Sort of ironic, I'm using a loan to pay off debts)

Travel expenses to be paid(hopefully to help pay off debt quickly and give headstart on money i owe SAAS.

Hopefully with this sorted I can slowly get back on track.