The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051

I've had 2 realizations in the past 24 hours:

#1 having a job that does no longer pay you anything other then in a benefits package sucks!

#2 if I even want to break even with money vs bills I'll have to sell my entire DVD Collection. Which I will not do unless I'm to the point of pulling my hair out like Dr. Scratchnsniff from Animaniacs.

Losing 15K a year for a bigger apartment sucks.... but it was either that or be homeless so I guess it could be worse but my bills will be overwhelming at the beginning of March. So far 2009 started pretty good.... now it's going straight to hell.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

I know this isn't as important or meaningful as my last post... but I most likely will be offline for the rest of the week.

I was sitting here playing GTA: San Andreas and the screen went black.... no reboot.... no nothing just black when I hit the reset button on the PC it reopened up to all my icons in places I had not put them and a very low screen res damnit. So even though I don't have the $ for it I think I'm taking this DAMN pc INTO THE SHOP.... IT'S EITHER THAT OR throw it out the damn window and just not have one anymore. I do all the maintence your supposed to and I have anti virus software and everything... I'm not going to strange websites I stick E-2... my email accounts... imdb.... tvshowsondvd..... and the predaconempire site. So it's not like I'm all over the internet. And yet everytime I open iTunes it takes 20 goddamn minutes to get a response from it. I'm gonna backup all my important files to the external then record a few podcast eps in advance then shut this fucker down. arrrrrrrgh

My future basically hangs at the mercy of the IRS right now.

I was told that I'd be getting my tax return (ie. first month's rent and security deposit for the new place) last Friday. I didn't. To make things even more stressful, I've been told that the IRS only deposits money on Fridays, so there are two possibilities here.

A) I get the money the 27th, two days before I move, and right at the last possible second.

B) I get it the 6th, by which point it won't really matter since I won't have the place anymore.

What frustrates me is that there isn't a goddamn thing I can do in this situation. I hate being this powerless.

When did you file, Dubs? It usually takes about two, three weeks for you to get a return from what I remember.

Last Wednesday. I would have done it sooner but I had to get my W-2 from my ex, which was an adventure in itself. I was told that filing online and getting it directly deposited to your bank account would speed up the process.

Thanks, everyone.

Guest DCAUFan1051

First off here's hoping you get it in time DW.......

And now for my last rant before I set a fucking C-4 charge to this Computer!

Went to record All Things Transformers Episode 15 with Steve/Megatron today and as I'm ranting my PC completely powers off again!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGHH

The screen went black then blue then rebooted itself... when I finally got back to the desktop icons are moved around again and I get a message saying the system has recovered from a serious fatal error or something to that effect. I'm shutting this POS down after I post this.... I'll be on and offline throughout the week on the iPhone and at this point I dunno if I'm even going to have a computer anymore because I'm at the point now where I wanna just destroy this goddamn thing. It should not be shutting itself off like that! and for the majority it has happened when I'm trying to record podcasts. !!!!

Mike can we have an emote that is a giant sledgehammer beating on a PC? PLEASE? and if so can you add it to this post? as I'll only be able to type through the iPhone in posts. gnite everybody :D

Went to record All Things Transformers Episode 15 with Steve/Megatron today and as I'm ranting my PC completely powers off again!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGHH

As Mike & James will attest, my comp did that TWICE when we were recording the Batman Returns review. And yet it had never happened before then, nor has it done so since.

On topic: I have nothing to really complain about, other than being back to work today. And that makes me money, so it's not a bad thing.

When did you file, Dubs? It usually takes about two, three weeks for you to get a return from what I remember.

Last Wednesday. I would have done it sooner but I had to get my W-2 from my ex, which was an adventure in itself. I was told that filing online and getting it directly deposited to your bank account would speed up the process.

Thanks, everyone.

Hm. I've never done it online, so I couldn't tell you.

Hope everything works out for you!

In the meantime, I have four hours of class today, along with about five hours of work. Oh, and I have to do homework and meetings in there somewhere. ...Something does not add up, here.

So I'm undergoing the ridiculously time-consuming task of cataloging all 750 songs on my computer in iTunes, including cover art, and I've hit a snag, I'm only on the A's and already have a problem. I have two songs off of The Ataris' So Long, Astoria Album (The Boys of Summer and Radio #2 for those wondering) and despite having the two listed by the same artist, album and cover art they are being listed as separate albums on the iPod. Help?

Guest DCAUFan1051
So I'm undergoing the ridiculously time-consuming task of cataloging all 750 songs on my computer in iTunes, including cover art, and I've hit a snag, I'm only on the A's and already have a problem. I have two songs off of The Ataris' So Long, Astoria Album (The Boys of Summer and Radio #2 for those wondering) and despite having the two listed by the same artist, album and cover art they are being listed as separate albums on the iPod. Help?

sometimes Kellen if you mispell, or something is mispelled by iTunes it will list them as 2 different items. I've run into this problem before as well. Go into edit the info on a track you know is the correct info and copy and paste those fields into the tracks that are incorrect. I have to do this with my KR 2008 iTunes Season Pass because they now list it differently then when the crap first came out. :D hope that helps

and seeing as this is the vent thread my nose is still acting up I'm sneezing every 10 seconds! damnit

sometimes Kellen if you mispell, or something is mispelled by iTunes it will list them as 2 different items. I've run into this problem before as well. Go into edit the info on a track you know is the correct info and copy and paste those fields into the tracks that are incorrect. I have to do this with my KR 2008 iTunes Season Pass because they now list it differently then when the crap first came out. :D hope that helps

and seeing as this is the vent thread my nose is still acting up I'm sneezing every 10 seconds! damnit

Irony.