The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Having no internet at the new house is driving me insane. The only option I have is to get net through Direct TV to the house, but it's so goddamn expensive that I need to somehow convince my roommates that they should chip in and help pay for internet they'll never use.

Tried Fios through Verizon or DSL through Verizon?

I live on a farm. DSL is not an option.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to read a transcipt from a letter I recieved today:

I write to confirm that your course leader has advised me that you have withdrawn from your course, effective from 30th of November 2008. I write with two purposes in mind. The first is to confirm that you are no longer a student at the university and the second is to advise that your change in status will be passed to SAAS or other funding body.

I am going to kill these fuckers:

Since september: My funding got fucked up. SAAS made a mistake I'm still paying for. I had to deal with a lecturer who opened up on the first day with "Hi, I'm not really a lecturer" and then had to leave the course as it was driving me fucking nuts. Then in December a full month after I left the course, the tuition fees still got taken out of my account which screwed up my finances and am only now just being able to fix. So I e-mailed them in January and told them i was off the course. I sent this e-mail to at least seven people in different departments in the university. And now, I am being told "Hey, guess what!? You seem to be ok now, how about we kick you squarely in the balls for no apparent reason other than to be absoulute cunt."

If they had done this back in December when I had told them I was leaving the course, or January when I actually e-mailed them, I wouldn't have an issue, but it's fucking March!

Fuck you, you shitty university you have caused me so much fucking time, stress, a year of my life, I'll never see again, more money that I would like to state, and cost me so much annoyance more than I ever thought was possible, you shitty poorly mushandled shithole, if I never see you again I will live a happy life you worthless piece of shit stress, for the point of making a simple situation that is only supposed to be mentally stressful and help me learn more about Journalism but I actually walked out knowing the exact same as I did going in and still know more about the structure of a paper than most of the people you are meant to be training but are just sjowing how to fuck over friends and family and not teaching how to write. You are a shtty place and you are not worth the internet space I am using to type this as even typing this shows that you have annoyed me so fucking much that I wish I never went into your stupid and poorly structured facility.

Sorry for the long vent but this has been building up since september and this is just the icing on the cake of things that they have done to try and annoy me.

Fuck it.

I'm letting it all out as if anyone has read my posts from a few months ago, this is nothing new, but I thought it was done, I guess not.

Having no internet at the new house is driving me insane. The only option I have is to get net through Direct TV to the house, but it's so goddamn expensive that I need to somehow convince my roommates that they should chip in and help pay for internet they'll never use.

Tried Fios through Verizon or DSL through Verizon?

I live on a farm. DSL is not an option.

Carrier pigeons are your best bet.

*crosses fingers*

The friend I'm tutoring really needs to tell me when he intends on changing his plans to having me and his girlfriend hang out with a waitress from the local sushi place that I've never met and somehow studying at the same time somewhere off campus. They're supposed to be coming and getting me soon, but somehow I'm doubting that might happen. If they do pick me up, here's hoping I don't somehow end up in the next town over.

17 days ago I moved into this place and I want out already.

Rent isn't too bad, but utilities are kicking my ass. Despite my room being about 55 degrees every day since I moved in, there is mysteriously a pricey oil bill this month. To cap it off, no hot water. None. Landlord says she's working on it. Washer and dryer? Busted. Landlord says she's working on it. Internet? Literally impossible at this point, and I'm the only one in the house that cares even the tiniest bit. Also, I'm burning through gas in my car since I have to drive around everywhere for simple things like showers and laundry. Not to mention that I've been eating like a monk for weeks out of sheer necessity.

Oh, and my job is cutting hours.

Fuck life. Seriously. I'm beyond frustrated right now.

On top of everything else sucking as of Sunday, my jaw is fucking killing me an I am serious pain because of it and I have taken a shitload of asprin as that's all I have and it is not fucking helping. Fuck.

Ibuprofen is better for that sort of thing, its an anti-inflammatory. Go pick up some Neurofen.

Thanks Stavros, I just got some neurofen, which hopefully will help as this got worse today.

I had a horrible panic attack this morning and it was made that much worse with the constant pain I'm in.

I could barely make it out of my house and round the corner to the shop to get some neurofen, it also didn't help the shop was packed and I could barely speak and ask for the neurofen which was behind the counter.

[18:35] doug7172@hotmail.com: By the way I spending the night at my dads house tomorow.</FONT>

[18:35] doug7172@hotmail.com: Man, Things are changing</FONT>

[18:38] Jason Kandu: how r u feeling about the move?

[18:38] doug7172@hotmail.com: Still cant belive its happening</FONT>

[18:41] Jason Kandu: have u tried praying?

[18:41] doug7172@hotmail.com: Whats that going to do?</FONT>

[18:42] doug7172@hotmail.com: How is that going to fix this?</FONT>

[18:42] doug7172@hotmail.com: Im sorry man...Im just.... A little doubting on my faith.</FONT>

[18:42] Jason Kandu: to be honest i am too

[18:42] Jason Kandu: but today i was so streessed i tried it and to day turned out great

[18:43] doug7172@hotmail.com: I dont know what happened... It was so strong and now...</FONT>

[18:43] Jason Kandu: its hard for a kid to believe

[18:44] Jason Kandu: since things rnt bad

[18:44] Jason Kandu: but when u get older u start to realize its true

[18:44] Jason Kandu: thats wat my dad told me and its actually right (in my case)

[18:44] Jason Kandu: hold on i gotta eat

[18:44] Jason Kandu: just try praying tonight

[18:44] Jason Kandu: it may take some time though

[18:44] doug7172@hotmail.com: Ok</FONT>

[18:42] dp.7172@gmail.com: How strong are you in your religion?</FONT>

[18:42] Carly K.: not very

[18:42] Carly K.: why?

[18:43] dp.7172@gmail.com: Latley I have been lacking in my faith...And been really thinking like an athiest.</FONT>

[18:43] Carly K.: do it.

[18:43] Carly K.: i dont really have a strong religion

[18:43] Carly K.: my religion is no religion

[18:44] dp.7172@gmail.com: What sucks is that I cant tell my rents cuz they would freak out and be super pissed.</FONT>

[18:44] Carly K.: really?

[18:44] dp.7172@gmail.com: My mom comes from a super strong christian family, And so does my dad</FONT>

[18:45] Carly K.: ohh

[18:45] dp.7172@gmail.com: I just dont know what to do/</FONT>

[18:45] Carly K.: just dont have a religion like mee/1

[18:45] Carly K.: !

[18:45] Carly K.: join my club tongue.gif

Fuck..Fuck...FUCK!!!!

Do what I do and claim that you're Deist - that you believe in a higher power, but not one perscribed by specific religion. Granted, my parents aren't massively religious, although we did always used to go to Baptist church until I was about 14.

17 days ago I moved into this place and I want out already.

Rent isn't too bad, but utilities are kicking my ass. Despite my room being about 55 degrees every day since I moved in, there is mysteriously a pricey oil bill this month. To cap it off, no hot water. None. Landlord says she's working on it. Washer and dryer? Busted. Landlord says she's working on it. Internet? Literally impossible at this point, and I'm the only one in the house that cares even the tiniest bit. Also, I'm burning through gas in my car since I have to drive around everywhere for simple things like showers and laundry. Not to mention that I've been eating like a monk for weeks out of sheer necessity.

Oh, and my job is cutting hours.

Fuck life. Seriously. I'm beyond frustrated right now.

Sorry Dubs. That sucks man.

Doug, anyone who would hold your religious choice against when, in fact, you are a practising good person doesn't deserve to be part of the human race.

Be you. Believe in God but think praying is shit. Fuck God and then psyche yourself up with self-speak. It doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

I've always said that if I'm wrong and the whole meal deal does exist and I don't get into "heaven" because of my not believing in a bearded dude in the sky then fuck it. I'd rather go elsewhere.

I have had it!

I just got home from work and checked my e-mail. Guess what was in my inbox: a message from my supervisor informing me about work that I need to do. I have a work e-mail for the express purpose of talking about work. This is my PERSONAL e-mail address and she is e-mailing me about work. I'm off the clock and she is off clock and she is e-mailing me about work! I don't know about the rest of you, but when I clock off, I'm not being paid to do work nor do I want to do work because I've put in my eight hours (some days more).

I'm sure it was an accident, but that really pissed me off to see that when I've been at work all day and been home for barely 5 minutes and trying to relax.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I completely understand Erin, I used to have a similiar problem when I was doing the job I have now in another building. It was a building on the childcare facility's campus and I was supposed to have "days" off so I'd be in my little room and watching TV, but everyone just had to knock on my door. It was infuriating, I got no peace and quiet at all. It was almost like I was the only employee working 3 shifts. As far as the email thing I tell my direct supervisor to email me at my personal address, because I never check the work servers. however I completely understand what your talking about :D