The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Last night was... interesting.

First off, while eating dinner out, got to find out by the way of my sister calling my dad that my mom was an hour late to picking her up from work. Which led to fun things, including shouting and a table being slammed at one point. ><

And then I got home and found out my entitled bitch of a cousin was staying in my room for the night, as she apparently needed the bed because she needed to be up early to student teach. So I got to spend a sleepless night on an air mattress in front of my own room, and just as I was about to sleep, she woke up loudly.

Currently going on next to no sleep.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had it!

I just got home from work and checked my e-mail. Guess what was in my inbox: a message from my supervisor informing me about work that I need to do. I have a work e-mail for the express purpose of talking about work. This is my PERSONAL e-mail address and she is e-mailing me about work. I'm off the clock and she is off clock and she is e-mailing me about work! I don't know about the rest of you, but when I clock off, I'm not being paid to do work nor do I want to do work because I've put in my eight hours (some days more).

I'm sure it was an accident, but that really pissed me off to see that when I've been at work all day and been home for barely 5 minutes and trying to relax.

Hey, I sympathize. The downside of working for the business I do is that the laptop I do my work on I also use at home, meaning I'm getting updates on quotations we are putting out when I'm lying in bed Sunday morning. I'd be angrier if it was a 9-5 job, but I guess this is what I signed up for.

I was playing Rock Band online with three random people and I saved each of them from failure once, which means I am supposed to get the "Band Savior" achievement on Xbox Live. It is NOT an easy achievement to get. So what does the band leader do? As soon as the song is over, he leaves, ending the entire session and costing me the achievement. Apparently, you have to be in the recap screen for it to register. Fucking douchebag couldn't wait ten seconds before leaving and he cost me an extremely difficult achievement. :grumble:

I had to write a polite but informative letter to the hosts of the Timesonline Bugle Podcast after one of them mischaracterised Mixed Martial Arts as "20 stone guys with tattoos beating the shit out of each other with dangerous looking chairs", scoffing at a US senator who wanted to legalise it.

I hate to be that guy but I wrote quick summation of modern mma, outlining the unified rules, the safety record (better than boxing or american football) and including a quote from former MMA opponent John McCain where he said that the sport in its modern form was no longer the human cockfighting event that he had fought in the 90's, acknowledging that they had cleaned it up.

Its fine to be against it but just know what the hell you are talking about beforehand. You can't say MMA should be banned whilst not saying the same thing about all the other more dangerous sports.

I have a feeling it was mischaracterised for the purposes of humour. Alright, it props up an outdated view of current MMA but it was comparing the senator's view on how evil Barbie dolls are compared to MMA fighting, which isn't as wholsome as he believes it to be. I wasn't bothered by it as a result - then again, I don't hold a burning hatred for Andy Zaltzman either! ;)

I did get the point of what they were trying to do and I know that any reasonable person would let it go, but I haven't got where I am today by being a reasonable person.

This week on the Bugle Andy Zaltzman went out of his way to cite MMA fighters as paragons of modern athletic fitness! I'm calling it a tacit admission of guilt and a big check in my pedantic win column! Thank you Bugle, I can at last laugh at you again.

So, I got a phone call from my second littlest sister's middle school today, and got to hear about how she hadn't turned in an assignment that had been due for a while, and how it's going to be a zero if we don't find some way to get it in the gradebook, which closes on Friday, how this isn't like her, maybe she's overcommited/it's her friends/etc etc.

This isn't the first time she's done this, especially not in this past year. And the fact that she's lying to all of us about it is even more painful.

The thing that worries me more is that she was doing this last year, when she was diagnosed with depression at twelve. (I mean, Christ, the family's got a lovely history of depression and anxiety, but for it to hit that young?!) And I'm worried that it might be coming back and we might be missing it and she might not be talking to us about it.

I just wish I knew how to help her, she's the one out of my little sisters that I'm closest, too, really, and it hurts to see her like this.

I swear sometimes I'm living some old fashioned Greek tragedy. A few years ago, I noticed things about myself that I wasn't happy with, especially my selfish nature and inability to notice things other people have going on in their lives. So I started making a concerted effort to change and become a better person to be around, someone to cherish. So I thought, yay, I'm growing up, becoming a man, etc. I then meet the girl of my dreams at the start of the year, we start dating, everything is going well then about 3 weeks ago it starts imploding. I have this weird gut feeling that the old me would have been able to handle this girl a lot more effectively than I have. Not to say a girl needs to be handled, just mean that the old me probably would have fucked up less than what I did. *sigh*

Gues who spent the last month or two browsign E-2, Facebook and Email on his phone, Totalling up to 200 bucks? And guess who has to pay for it! :grumble:

Erm, you're annoyed that you have to pay for your own mobile phone fees?

No, Im pissed that I was stupid enough to use the 'net and email on my phone. I have no problem paying for my mistake.

The combined assault of new place bills and labor crunch at work means that my food budget for the next two weeks is $20.

I wish I was fucking joking.

That sucks, man. You'll just have to buy cheap fix-it-yourself meals, I guess. Ramen noodles, soup, frozen dinners/pizzas, etc.

Things shouldn't be this hard and this annoying.

I really am getting sick and tired of it and it is finally reaching my last nerve.

Sorry if that seems cryptic I'm just getting sick of all the shit I'm having to deal with.

I know this is going to be retarded to say, but I actually like life being hard. Sure I'll bitch and moan about it, but I am a true believer in the saying that the best things in life are the hardest, if they weren't, everyone would do them. I don't know the in's and out's of your issues, but I know every time I've thought the world was against me, the way I got through it was to think of it all as a challenge and knew that it would make me that much better a person. Basically the whole "lemons to lemonade", "close a door, open a window" type crap. But hey, if you don't believe that, then you have to believe that the cosmos is against you, and that is just a downward spiral that even in my most cynical moments I can't go down.