The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot believe how godawful The Daily Show is anymore. Nothing about it is funny, Jon Stewart's "make a quip and stay silent and smile for 5 seconds" routine is beyond old at this point, and it's a chore to try and watch. Stewart, in particular, just seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to think of something for which to make fun of conservatives nowadays since Obama is there now and he can't think of anything else to say because he verbally fellates any Democrat he can think of.

I seriously think the last truly funny episode of The Daily Show I watched had Craig Kilborn in it.

This is a problem with a lot of comedians. They got lazy. With Bush, there was a constant punching bag there. They had someone to be the butt of all their jokes. Now, we have someone that, to be fair, can be hard to make fun of plus most of the major comedians who get topical are definitely left leaning so they're afraid to. Colbert on the other hand has this persona going on that he is able to transcend it all. Colbert is forcing himself to work at staying relevant. Everyone else is just hoping the rest of us don't notice how incomptent they've become..

I cannot believe how godawful The Daily Show is anymore. Nothing about it is funny, Jon Stewart's "make a quip and stay silent and smile for 5 seconds" routine is beyond old at this point, and it's a chore to try and watch. Stewart, in particular, just seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to think of something for which to make fun of conservatives nowadays since Obama is there now and he can't think of anything else to say because he verbally fellates any Democrat he can think of.

I seriously think the last truly funny episode of The Daily Show I watched had Craig Kilborn in it.

This is a problem with a lot of comedians. They got lazy. With Bush, there was a constant punching bag there. They had someone to be the butt of all their jokes. Now, we have someone that, to be fair, can be hard to make fun of plus most of the major comedians who get topical are definitely left leaning so they're afraid to. Colbert on the other hand has this persona going on that he is able to transcend it all. Colbert is forcing himself to work at staying relevant. Everyone else is just hoping the rest of us don't notice how incomptent they've become..

Bingo.

Bingo.

I don't mind the Daily Show as it stands, probably because they cut right back on the correspondants that I really didn't connect with and focused on John Oliver and Wyatt Cenac. I'm not sure why John Stewart's schtick hasn't got old for me yet but somehow it hasn't. Some jokes are duff but its usually balanced out by the good stuff.

Bingo.

I don't mind the Daily Show as it stands, probably because they cut right back on the correspondants that I really didn't connect with and focused on John Oliver and Wyatt Cenac. I'm not sure why John Stewart's schtick hasn't got old for me yet but somehow it hasn't. Some jokes are duff but its usually balanced out by the good stuff.

I agree with Stavros. I'm a bit behind with my episodes, but he called out Nancy Pelosi for hypocrisy in one of the first shows of the month, so I disagree about the Democrat fellating. MSNBC was called out for being the Democrat alternative to Fox News as well.

So theirs good news and bad news.

Good news, I've been given tuition fees paid for my course.

Bad news, I'm getting 480 loan to last me all of next year.

It's only temporary until my mum fills in the form with her earnings for the past year.

So it's a sort of nice thing, but a kick in the crotch at the same time.

One of the things that pisses me off is bosses making their employees do stupid things for the company. I passed a guy outside a Little Caesars pizza place today and there was a guy in a big head Caesar costume walking up and down the sidewalk. I wouldn't care but it's 90 degrees out today.

...Do I even want to know how this happened? Either way, just be sure to ice it and don't use it for a while. Also, stop breaking yourself, Preston. xD

Okay, my power cord's been acting weird since we got up to Bjorklunden, and only on certain plugs, so I'm not sure what to make of this.

On plugs on the upper floor, I've been having to manipulate the power cord so that it actually charges, and then after it's fully charged, it stops getting input and power will start draining again, and I'll have to reposition the angle of the cord so that it recognizes that yes, it should be charging it. However, on the lower floor, it's been charging and retaining charge. And I didn't have issues with it before I got here.

So, going to go home, plug in, and see what happens; if it charges and retains charge, I know I have nothing to worry about. If not, time to look at how much a new Mac power cord would cost.

Look, I'm not saying your dislocated shoulder isn't painful or something you'd rather not have to deal with, but by and large, most of the "venting" going on lately is just impotent complaining about (1) things that, if they were the worst things that ever happened to you, would make you the luckiest fucking person on the planet, or (2) things that people chose to do/cause/be upset about once there's an outcome.

But you're right, "it's conversation."

You do realize that venting... is just impotent complaining, right? I mean, no one is posting in here looking for a real solution or anything, it's just... impotent complaining. And when something actually does come up, that does matter, most of us are ready to drop the impotent complaining in order to offer solutions and condolences to the people that need them. It's happened before, it'll happen again, unfortunately. There's no sense railing against it.

A ninja just attached a bomb to my nads. Vent worthy?

Depends. What colour was he wearing?

Also Preston is right.

This thread is to just help get shit off your chest that's bothering you and feel better. I say it's like screaming at the top of your lungs, it doesn't help the situation, but it makes you feel better.

A ninja just attached a bomb to my nads. Vent worthy?

Depends. What colour was he wearing?

Black. :ph34r:

Just this once. lane.gif

Nicolette, I'm sorry but.... fuck. No, its a vent, he can post it. Complaining about a site not being up is not a vent, but a dislocated shoulder is. And also this "Conversation" helps lighten the mood. Anyway, thats my two cents.

Edit: Kellen, he got you also?