Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK as most everyone knows I work as a "live in resident" or apartment off hours manager for a local group home here in Louisville KY. The main clientele that we have in the program that I am under is 18-26 year olds who are in a housing program. Since moving from a 41 apartment complex to an 8 plex I've had less stress and everything.

Having said that to set the scene my mom also has the same job at another building. I'm the type of person that worries and stresses over the littlest things. So at least twice a week my mom whom I do love very much has the pressing need to call me and tell me all the shit that's going on over at her building and company crap that doesn't fucking affect me at all. My job now is sooooo simple that if I need something I call my supervisor and that's it. I don't have to deal with three or four other employees on issues. And the building that I'm in now is for parenting mothers. There are for the majority no issues here. So why the hell does my mom feel the urge to fill me in on all the bullshit that doesn't directly pertain to me? I have no idea! It's probably because she can't tell anyone else. However it still pisses me off because half the stuff she tells me I don't want to fucking know!!!!... I don't care what is going on in the building I left to come here. That's why I left the fucking place, because I was soooo stressed out I was at the point of doing something stupid to myself. That was then though and I'm fine now, but as I said before it pisses me off that she has the urge to call me and tell me all this shit that eventually I start thinking about and gives me a helluva headache. God sometimes I just can't stand my mom! Which I'm sure sometimes she can't stand me either. arrggghhh!

I was planning on going to se The Watchmen in conert tonight. Problem, the show wasn't on Thursday, it was on Tuesday. And since these guys aren't 100% reformed and are on a show to show basis, it may be a long time if I can ever see them again. Damnit.

I'm lucky that I work in the public sector in that I will have a very hard time losing my job.

But, dealing with the kids who are the worst off in my country has given me a perspective on poverty. To the point that I'm thinking about a Masters on the subject. As far as the food stamp thing goes, poverty doesn't mean that you will spend all of your cash in the best, frugal way. In fact, one of the bigger problems of poverty is a total lack of understanding of finance and responsibility.

I know students who essentially live on the streets or, what we call, couch surf and own iPods as nice as mine. These are the same kids who run across the street and buy McDonalds when there is food to make in the fridge here at school that has been bought for them. This is even worse when every Wednesday our Youth Care Workers, who happend to put up with a lot more shit than even I do, make lunch for the school and some of the kids who need it most go and buy McDonalds instead.

I don't know where I'm going but this year has been a major monumental energy suck. Grad is tonight and that will alleviate some of it. But next Friday I'm getting drunk and saying goodbye to drama for the summer. That will be nice.

I'm lucky that I work in the public sector in that I will have a very hard time losing my job.

As far as the food stamp thing goes, poverty doesn't mean that you will spend all of your cash in the best, frugal way. In fact, one of the bigger problems of poverty is a total lack of understanding of finance and responsibility.

Yes.

So. I just got an email from my university telling me that I have a delinquent balance in the neighborhood of about thirty-two hundred dollars, and that I have until July 15th to pay it, otherwise I'll be placed on indefinite leave.

It would've been nice if my parents had, I don't know, TOLD ME about the fact that they weren't paying.

So. I just got an email from my university telling me that I have a delinquent balance in the neighborhood of about thirty-two hundred dollars, and that I have until July 15th to pay it, otherwise I'll be placed on indefinite leave.

It would've been nice if my parents had, I don't know, TOLD ME about the fact that they weren't paying.

No contingency plan?

Were they paying out of pocket or securing loans for you?

I have no clue what the hell the family has been doing with finances.

We'll figure this out. Somehow. I may have to strangle some people, though.

I hope you can figure it out with the least amount of time missed from your education.

That said, let it be a lesson, a hard, sad one: It is not their job to pay for your college education. It is your job to know what they're doing, when and how, so this kind of shit doesn't happen.

We have an arrangement where I pay for most of fall tuition with what I earn over the summer, and from there, they take from January to June's payments (we're on a monthly payment plan, which I'm not sure is the most brilliant idea).

I just need to watch my accounts on Voyager more and if they're not getting paid, ask what's going on.

So, even though I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher today, looked at what I'm going to need to do to apply for the loan that's hopefully going to save our collective asses, and went and ran and got two little sisters from various locations, I'm still not doing enough around the house?

...Fuck you, Mom.

Sometimes my neck, jaw, nose and brow hurt so bad I want to smash my face through a window. Or get punched squarely in the head. I don't care. Either way, it would allow me to focus on some other kind of pain. Ugh! Whenever I get like this, all I want to do is put my head down. One, because I'm in pain. Two, because I can't focus on anything. Three, sometimes sleep makes it better. Four, it's hard to keep my head up.