The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

So, I come home from hanging out with my neighbors to find out that my one roomies and his girlfriend have bought groceries and pulled a sitcom by writing their initials on all of their stuff. This is kinda insulting to me and the other roommate because we never use their stuff without asking and they even took the time to initial the milk which has always, up until now, been community property. Since I'm the only one who ever touches the dishes, debating on just doing what I use and then starting to hide my cooking utensils, see how long until someone cracks.

My idea is way better: Burn down the kitchen.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I come home from hanging out with my neighbors to find out that my one roomies and his girlfriend have bought groceries and pulled a sitcom by writing their initials on all of their stuff. This is kinda insulting to me and the other roommate because we never use their stuff without asking and they even took the time to initial the milk which has always, up until now, been community property. Since I'm the only one who ever touches the dishes, debating on just doing what I use and then starting to hide my cooking utensils, see how long until someone cracks.

Yeah, my BF living with flatmates, they use his stuff and leave the kitchen a shithole.

Just keep your stuff seperate from theirs and just don't give a fuck about them.

Well, that's what I would do.

OF course, I like Prestons idea more.

Get everyone to buy more milk, and whatever else they wrote their initials on in the fridge. When there is no longer room for everyone's stuff, then talk it out with them. They will either realize how stupid it was, or be assholes about it. If they are assholes, tell them to buy their own mini fridge because there is no room for "their stuff" anymore since you will have to have double the amount now.

Get everyone to buy more milk, and whatever else they wrote their initials on in the fridge. When there is no longer room for everyone's stuff, then talk it out with them. They will either realize how stupid it was, or be assholes about it. If they are assholes, tell them to buy their own mini fridge because there is no room for "their stuff" anymore since you will have to have double the amount now.

The problem is that there is a mini-fridge but both of them are too lazy to go and get the freon recharged or whatever is wrong with it. So, it sits there in the kitchen, taking up space. Oh well, I went grocery shopping today and I'm going to reorganize our fridge because as it stands right now, it's like people just threw stuff in where ever there was room rather than trying to make it look like a storage space.

On a sidenote, it's kinda funny. My own personal space is a wreck but when it comes to a shared, communal space, that's where I get touchy. Not a clue why.

When I came home today there was a $120 ticket on my car. I bought a city sticker when I moved to the city in May, but that was for the last few months of the 2008-2009 cycle. When it came time to buy one for 2009-2010, it slipped my mind. Hence, the ticket. So not only do I have to pay the fine, I just had to shell out $123.50 to finally get the sticker:

Sticker: $75

Late fee: $40

Some other fee: $5.50

Debit card fee: $3.00

Oh, and my transit card is about to renew, I owe Jenny for the last two cell phone bills (we still share that), and rent is due today.

Because of the sticker, I have to hold off on paying Jenny. And I risk my rent check bouncing if the transit card auto-renews before the check clears.

:shakehead:

This has been one of the most frustrating weeks I can remember in a very long time. All of this computer shit has driven me up a wall and I've been mostly helpless to do much about it since I've had to put in a 60-hour work week. I've barely been home long enough to shower and eat before I settle down to work on getting this shit to operate correctly. I went about trying to do repairs on this thing that actual tech guys get paid for and got to the point that I was looking to do complex shit like upgrade my BIOS version on my motherboard just so Windows can run.

Tonight I just gave up and reinstalled on my old hard drive. 99% of my music and writing are gone now. Most of my music can be replaced. My writing can't.

On the bright side, I'm back as far as consistant internet goes. I have to update all of my drivers and whatnot, but I'll be around a lot more often now.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another rant, that proves my age. The other night, I had the most offensive, gramaticaly incorrect (Hannah has horrible grammar, so we copied), and funny AIM conversation with a good friend of mine, Hannah. Every time we (Jason was with me the night of the convo) read through it, we couldn't stop laughing. So we printed it out to preserve it. Well, Big mistake. Mom got a hold of it. And out of all of it, she got mad at this one remark:

AnimaLover2013: have you talk to josh

Doug7172: thats what she said

AnimaLover2013: whatever

Doug7172: he say he want to have fun with u

Doug7172: in bed

AnimaLover2013: no

Doug7172: like playing cheeckers ;)

AnimaLover2013: that is dont truth

You know the part that really gets to me? She didn't bust me on this:

Doug7172: what r u saying

AnimaLover2013: if you talked to josh

AnimaLover2013: becasue you have his number

Doug7172: whos josh

Doug7172: why u no talk to drake

AnimaLover2013: my ex boyfriend

Doug7172: u have boyfriend?\

Doug7172: he no boifriend

Doug7172: hes mexican

Doug7172: he gardener

AnimaLover2013: GOOD TO know

Doug7172: know what?

AnimaLover2013: good to know about gradens

Doug7172: why u talk about garnders? :)

Here, I edited it so you would understand.

AnimaLover2013: Have you talked to josh?

Doug7172: That last comment was "that's what she said" worthy.

AnimaLover2013: What ever.

Doug7172:Anyway, he said he wanted to have some fun with you in bed.

AnimaLover2013: No he didn't.

Doug7172: He did to! He said he wanted to play checkers.

AnimaLover2013: That isn't true.

Doug7172: What were you saying?

AnimaLover2013: Have you talked to josh?

Doug7172: Who's josh?

Doug7172: Why don't you talk to his brother, Drake?

AnimaLover2013: My ex-boyfriend.

Doug7172: You have a boyfriend?

Doug7172: Hannah, He's not a boyfriend.

Doug7172: He's Mexican! That mean's he's a Gardner ;)

I HATE working retail at this time of year.

I have come to terms with the fact that my store is the only one that still offers layaway. I have no problems with that fact as it had drove our sales through the roof. But when you put your shit into layaway, you are told the rules and have to follow them. You have to make payments every two week. If not it can be canceled and you will lose $15. You signed a contract that states as much. However, being that layaway is being slammed, and us not wanting to ruin someones Christmas, we have not been returning layaways right away. People have an additional 40 days without payment before we care.

So to recap, you have 54 days to make a payment before your layaway is canceled.

So when I have to call people that are 40+ overdue and give them 2 MORE days to make a payment, I get really pissed when they start yelling at me for not giving them til the end of the week. Seriously, you have been given tons of leeway and you get pissed when I do not give you more. I swear that I am about to just go off on people. If you can afford the big screen, Wii, PS3, thirty toys, dining set, 2 iPods and a bed (an actual layaway that I called about), DON'T FUCKING PUT IT IN LAYAWAY.

GAHHHH. It is really not good that it is only Oct (not even Halloween) and I am already sick of fucking Christmas. I think that I might punch some people on Black Friday.

I think that I might punch some people on Black Friday.

Well, hey, that happens all the time on Black Friday, and nobody cares. So go for it.

Tempting. Last year I just about elbowed someone in the face because they crowed my personal space while I was turning around holding a 40 in TV.

I might get a velvet rope. No one would cross a velvet rope would they?

I HATE working retail at this time of year.

I have come to terms with the fact that my store is the only one that still offers layaway. I have no problems with that fact as it had drove our sales through the roof. But when you put your shit into layaway, you are told the rules and have to follow them. You have to make payments every two week. If not it can be canceled and you will lose $15. You signed a contract that states as much. However, being that layaway is being slammed, and us not wanting to ruin someones Christmas, we have not been returning layaways right away. People have an additional 40 days without payment before we care.

So to recap, you have 54 days to make a payment before your layaway is canceled.

So when I have to call people that are 40+ overdue and give them 2 MORE days to make a payment, I get really pissed when they start yelling at me for not giving them til the end of the week. Seriously, you have been given tons of leeway and you get pissed when I do not give you more. I swear that I am about to just go off on people. If you can afford the big screen, Wii, PS3, thirty toys, dining set, 2 iPods and a bed (an actual layaway that I called about), DON'T FUCKING PUT IT IN LAYAWAY.

GAHHHH. It is really not good that it is only Oct (not even Halloween) and I am already sick of fucking Christmas. I think that I might punch some people on Black Friday.

A little birdy told me that lawaway is about to make a comeback in a big way. Best Buy is looking to start doing it because their sales are down.

A little birdy told me that lawaway is about to make a comeback in a big way. Best Buy is looking to start doing it because their sales are down.

Sales wise, it is an awesome thing. K-Mart is the only place in my town that still has it. And, just basing it on my department of electronics, huge sales boost. I checked today and currently there are something of 40 Wiis, 30ish PS3s and 20 X360s not to mention 30ish TVs and other random crap. Not to say I wouldn't sell these things otherwise, but it helps me sell the games systems within a day of getting them in stock.

I am just getting sick of people abusing the system. You have a date it needs to be out by and a date for the next payment. You sign a contract. If you do not read the contract, it is your own fault. We give you breaks and you still don't bother to do anything until after we return it. All it takes is a phone call and saying I can pay $X on the Yth.

35 days until I die. Learned today I will be at work at 4 AM so I can get ready for the crazy people. I seriously put in a request for a velvet rope. I have to wait until Monday for a reply. I will be really happy if I am allowed to have one. That fact kinda makes me a little sad.

I am so fucking broke right now it's sickening. I have a grand total of $1.07. I don't have a job, I don't have a student loan. I have a trust fund that is strictly used to cover my rent payment (so that's covered), but I still need o cover bills, bus pass, food, etc. Luckily the person collecting my money (James) is nice enough to let it slide and is even willing to loan me the money for my bus pass for next month. Selling my guitar via consignment at a local shop (will bring in $143...most of which will go to James for debts), trying to sell tickets for my video game tournament to support me in the meantime, get a loan for winter semester, use that to pay back into the tournament and pay for my living expenses.

Still, ugh. Chicken fingers and rice for at least another week.

I woke up to find I'm running a fever thanks to a flu bug that's going around. I actually feel fine considering, and I've already managed to bring my temperature down significantly in the last hour or so, but that's not the issue. The issue is that I'm supposed to be driving two friends to and from wrestling events this weekend, including Dragon Gate on Sunday which we all dropped £30 on for great seats. Now its a race to at least get a clean bill of health by Sunday or £90's worth of tickets and about 8 months of anticipation will be thoroughly fucking wasted. The cycle of this flu is about 2-5 days and I've had it for two now, so its possible but I'm not looking to infect anyone and will cancel if I'm not symptom-free for 48 hours.

You know? It would've been really nice if you checked with your HR person BEFORE offering me an interview when I made it clear on my application that I wouldn't be available until later in November. For that matter, you should've read that on my application before you even fucking offered me an interview, not to mention at least done me the courtesy of calling me back and telling me, oh, by the way, we're not interviewing you now YESTERDAY, like you were supposed to.

Fuck you, Target.

My sister will turn 18 in March. She's nearly a woman. She also currently has a boyfriend, oddly enough named Mike. I know this, but it isn't the easiest thing for me to accept. That said, it's even harder when she posts this on her Facebook:

longest day ever, sleepin with bigmike :)

Supposedly he's a nice guy, this Mike fellow, but right now I want to kick his teeth in. Even if this "sleep" is purely innocent, I still don't like it.

My sister will turn 18 in March. She's nearly a woman. She also currently has a boyfriend, oddly enough named Mike. I know this, but it isn't the easiest thing for me to accept. That said, it's even harder when she posts this on her Facebook:

longest day ever, sleepin with bigmike :)

Supposedly he's a nice guy, this Mike fellow, but right now I want to kick his teeth in. Even if this "sleep" is purely innocent, I still don't like it.

I completely empathize. I've been in that position many times. It sucks.