The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

I went through the exact sort of thing with my little sister a few months ago. I recall her telling me one time about how she had to run out and get a refill on her birth control. Despite this, she's also plans to be pregnant by 22 (she's 19) so that she can get maternity leave.

My response: "You know, you still have to keep it after all the time off, right?"

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My older sister ended up with two kids that she couldn't support by the time she was 24. Last I heard, she was a stripper somewhere in DC.

My younger sister is lucky that she ever found a guy willing to stick around, with all the ass that I've had to kick over the years. I'll be damned if she screws up her life too.

And now I'm happy I don't have a sister.

That said since we're bitching about family members I'd feel a lot better if my little brother...my fifteen year old little brother would decide to cool it with the booze and the pot. I mean you'd think that after having this...

n705505769_1512705_2152.jpg

...happen to you as a result of getting drunk off your ass at the age of 14 you'd stop, but no. I swear to God I'm ready to knock the fucker out if he gets too out of hand over the Xmas holiday.

I'm kind of glad that my younger brother doesn't do any of that. I don't think he's even touched a cigarette or alcoholic drink yet. And despite being a bit aimless at school, he’s training to become a vet nurse, which is great since he loves animals. He’s like the complete opposite of me at 18.

You'd think kids would have the common sense to try to hide the stuff they do. When I was in high school, I did some heavy stuff but at least I had the common sense not to go around bragging about it. It's the damn illusion of infant immortality. In the cartoons and media we watched growing up, characters died all the time. Nowadays, character death never happens. Even The Lion King isn't capable of introducing kids to the concept of death early on. It becomes a foreign concept and therefore something that can never happen to them. They're never in danger and any amount of sex and drugs will not change that.

Then again, maybe kids are just idiots who don't give a fuck. Your call.

You'd think kids would have the common sense to try to hide the stuff they do. When I was in high school, I did some heavy stuff but at least I had the common sense not to go around bragging about it. It's the damn illusion of infant immortality. In the cartoons and media we watched growing up, characters died all the time. Nowadays, character death never happens. Even The Lion King isn't capable of introducing kids to the concept of death early on. It becomes a foreign concept and therefore something that can never happen to them. They're never in danger and any amount of sex and drugs will not change that.

Then again, maybe kids are just idiots who don't give a fuck. Your call.

I concur with all of this.

Sometimes I really hate being a teenager. Maybe it's just where I live, but half the kids here never, EVER take responsibility for anything. Maybe it's just because we're all rich kids who have ultra-hyper parents and lawyers to back us up.

Seriously, if you throw frozen eggs at people, you DESERVE to be suspended. Calling egging a "tradition" does not make it okay, ESPECIALLY when people get hurt.

(We just had a huge incident at school involving people having "egg wars." I did not approve, in case it is not evident.)

We used to do the whole egging / shaving cream thing too, but we never froze the eggs and only threw them at each other -- not cars or houses. Frozen eggs are like rocks, and anyone who throws them at another person or property should suffer consequences.

Sometimes I really hate being a teenager. Maybe it's just where I live, but half the kids here never, EVER take responsibility for anything.

I felt the exact same way at your age. Heck, I still feel that way a lot.

Don't back down, and don't let other people's stupid actions get to you. Moreover, be smart and make sure you keep the friends who make good decisions, and don't get attached to the less responsible ones.

You'll be fine. :)

Fuck deer.

I just (well four hours ago, but still) flipped my car because a deer thought it would be a good idea to just stand in the road. Yeah, I wish I would have hit the bastard, but no, I swerved without thinking and ended up upside down in the ditch.

So now I have no car and still owe on the one that is now worthless.

I am in slight pain and may be concuss.

I have no car and got a $125 ticket for failure to control.

FUCK DEER! I want nothing more than to find that deer, shoot it and make jerky from its dead body. Is that so wrong?

Shit, man! I'm glad you're okay. Keep an eye on that head of yours, 'cause you don't want to mess around with concussions. If you even think you're concussed, get to the doctor.

I was checked out on the scene and was given the okay.

Looking at the car today in the daylight, there is some blood on one of the headlights. So I did hit the bastard, which does make me feel a little bit better. Does that make me a bad person?

Shit, man! I'm glad you're okay. Keep an eye on that head of yours, 'cause you don't want to mess around with concussions. If you even think you're concussed, get to the doctor.

I was checked out on the scene and was given the okay.

Looking at the car today in the daylight, there is some blood on one of the headlights. So I did hit the bastard, which does make me feel a little bit better. Does that make me a bad person?

A little, but compared to Preston, you're a saint.

Preston's fucking Ted Nugent.

A deer committed suicide on my mom's car.

Really.

It literally ran at her car. She was in a van, so she was fine, happily. And some dude came and picked it up randomly and we're pretty sure that deer fed him for another month.

Also, hope you're doing okay, Prof.

Additionally, Preston and Nunget are an item? Well, that's news.