The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting journalism paperwork together for two different classes, one of which is my only graded class, and the other being run by a perfectionist, I am so close to just landing on top of my stuff and having a gigantic fucking breakdown. On top of that, I have to fill out my personal statement for UCAS by the end of the month. :madgo:

Oh well, I signed up for it, so now I need to sit down and do the work.

Writing a personal statement will be annoying, as I don't really know how to write about myself.

The journalism stuff can be done, it will just take effort and a no bullshit attitude, and the graded unit, it's not due for months, but it's better to worry and get a strong part done now, because that means, less chance of me panicking at the last minute.

The work is hard, but it's really just has to be me, knowing I have a goal to achieve and that is what needs to be done.

Is the Venom controlling you and making you team up with Sandman to take down Spider-Man by kidnapping Mary Jane Watson, after Spidey has already had a sub plot with each of you and the girl you kidnapped and his old friend (who for some reason turned into Green Goblin, but then later, for another odd reason, teamed up with Spidey to take you down)? If this is all true it is probably because a clusterfu... - I mean a Spider-Man 3 is invading your home. Please call the EARTH-2.NET hotline right away.

I continue to be amazed at how, daily, my expectations of humanity continue to be lowered. Then again, it comes with living in an ex-frat house.

In a related note:

Dear Constantly Drunk/High Neighbors Who I Can't Even Figure Out How You're Passing Anymore,

LEARN TO FLUSH WHEN YOU TAKE A FUCKING DUMP.

Disgusted and Counting Down The Days Till I'm Gone,

~Me

I used to like Thanksgiving. Eat a nice meal & watch Barry Sanders play some football. Now working retail, I fucking hate the day.

I had to work 11 hrs. because god forbid anyone else know anything in my department. So I had to go in at 6AM instead of Noon. Whatever really, time & a half plus double holiday pay is fun.

Day starts and I get mugged, cuss at, and pushed all for some tvs and random stupid shit because grown adults seem to lose all sense of order when an mp3 player is $10 off. Serious, wait your fucking turn or you do not get any. I purposely did not give a lady one, because twice she tried to intercept my handing it to someone who asked before her.

If the ad states no rainchecks, I can not give you a raincheck. If the as states it is a five hour sale, you have to be in the store during said five hours. If an ad sign says "Halo 3 X-Box 360 $39.99", that does not mean that all 360 games are $40. Reading comprehension, learn it.

Complain about the fucking line? What the FUCK did you expect? Yes, there will be a line. There are not enough registers for every customer to have there own. Every single register in the store had a line. You waited ten minutes. Well damn, I apologize that you cannot stuff your face with turkey that much earlier.

Do not complain about how many of a certain item I had in stock. I had at least double the amount the ad states. In most cases triple. I think it is unreasonable to expect me to have 100 cameras in stock as you said I should have.

If you see me wearing a coat, hat, headphones in (listening to Dread Media, Ding!), eating a hot dog it is NOT okay to bug me about, well anything. I have no idea how they know I worked there, but I am obviously on my lunch break. In addition, I am not answering your questions while I am in the bathroom washing my hands and you are taking a shit. No. Just no.

So in summary: Fuck this day. Fuck all the asshole that shopped today. Tomorrow will be worse.

Now after all that, some people acted like, well, people. As such, I did everything I could to help them out. Ask nicely, be civil and I will work with you and make you a deal within reason.

I think that qualifies as venting.

If you see me wearing a coat, hat, headphones in (listening to Dread Media, Ding!), eating a hot dog it is NOT okay to bug me about, well anything.

It's true. The hat-wearing hot dog-eating contingent of my listenership is not to be fucked with. I don't even trust 'em!

Seriously, I hope the holiday season gets better for you. It's why i don't shop at Christmas time or a month before anymore.

People should just die.

If you see me wearing a coat, hat, headphones in (listening to Dread Media, Ding!), eating a hot dog it is NOT okay to bug me about, well anything.

It's true. The hat-wearing hot dog-eating contingent of my listenership is not to be fucked with. I don't even trust 'em!

Seriously, I hope the holiday season gets better for you. It's why i don't shop at Christmas time or a month before anymore.

People should just die.

Don't trust 'em?!? We may be a scruffy bunch with a harsh exterior, but we have hearts made of gold. You should stop by our pancake breakfasts, which raise money for kitten and orphans.

The worst is over. From here on in, Christmas Eve is the only day that will be hectic with last minute shoppers. But hopefully I will open that day and avoid everyone.

Tomorrow is going to be cake for me. I am sold out of everything that was on the two-day sale. I got the okay to put up a HUGE bulletin board up stating as such so not as many people bug me with stupid questions. Hopefully I have enough time/people to get my department back in order. Then, two days off.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got fired from one of my jobs today. Boss lady's useless boyfriend needed a job so I get the ol' pink slip. Was only working two days a week there, but I still need the extra cash. I didn't like to job that much due to the people I had to deal with, but I got to make my own schedule, did very little, and was paid in cash. Doubt I can find another job like that right now.

I was having a good day before I got this news.

Okay, today needs to be done now. For serious.

So, seven-thirty-ish this morning, I'm driving to work, tra la la la la. I'm going thirty-five around a sharp curve in the middle of the woods, I start fishtailing and I end up going twenty feet off the road into a ditch and take out a sign with me. Physical damage to car is a small dent in the passenger side door and then as we were getting it towed out of the ditch we heard this clunking noise, and the guy thinks there's something wrong with the belt.

And on top of all of this, the car that we thought was fixed last week wasn't, and is now having radiator problems on top of fucking everything today, so we are completely carless atm.

Gonna go rock/scream in a corner now.

Also, hate driving in winter so goddamn much.

And now my parents are fighting on the phone. Again.

So I got fired from one of my jobs today. Boss lady's useless boyfriend needed a job so I get the ol' pink slip. Was only working two days a week there, but I still need the extra cash. I didn't like to job that much due to the people I had to deal with, but I got to make my own schedule, did very little, and was paid in cash. Doubt I can find another job like that right now.

I was having a good day before I got this news.

Sorry to hear that Chris.

I'm more than reasonably sure the guys replacing our drywall downstairs broke the mirror off my driver-side door tonight when they were leaving my driveway. I didn't see it until hours later when I had to move my car to let my friend back out of my driveway.

I love it. Two weeks after I pay my car off, my fucking mirror gets broken off by repairmen. Irony, thy name is my life.