The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

My moped exhaust crumbled into rusty dust during some maintenance. Apparently it was falling apart so bad that it was blocking the exhaust, impairing the engine, resulting in the damn thing breaking down completely on my last day of Uni. Had to push the frickin' thing uphill three miles to get it to my usual garage. Its a mix of great timing and massive annoyance.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I had a customer today file a complaint with my manager. The customer was upset that I would not sell them a Sony. That is all she said. I asked what she was looking for: a TV, a camera, a memory card, blank CDs, stereo system, ect. She got all mad at me when I wouldn't just sell her a Sony that she left my department and filed a complaint. To which this lady followed my boss back and which we had the following conversation.

Boss: Why did you not help this customer? She said you were very rude and that you refused to help her?

Me: I asked if she needed help and she asked for a Sony. When I asked "a Sony what?" she kept asking for a Sony?

Boss: Oh. Ma'am, what exactly where you trying to buy?

Customer: A Sony. I want to buy a Sony.

Boss: A Sony what?

Customer: A SONY!

Me: Ma'am, we sell a wide range of products made by Sony.

Customer: I just want a god damn Sony.

Boss: Ma'am, we need more to go on than just a brand name. Are you looking for a TV or a camera?

Customer: I just want a Sony. I want a number for corporate so I can report both of you.

Fast Forward two hours and I get called into the office, where I have to explain all this to my regional manager. I have my boss back me up on this. Nothing happens as a result, but still. Waste an hour of my time when I am seriously busy because you are stupid. I hate Christmas.

UGH.

So I'm out here in Green Bay, WI for Christmas vacation, and my Macbook's charger stops working. Completely. As if that weren't bad enough, the battery is barely working, and randomly shuts off.

Furthermore, there is NO APPLE STORE ANYWHERE NEAR HERE, so I can't get the charger or battery fixed/replaced. And I'm not sure how long my warranty is; it might only be a year, which means that in a matter of days, it'll be too late.

Warranty is generally a year. And sorry to say, but closest Apple store is in Milwaukee; however, if you call the help line, they may be able to refer you to Apple-authorized retailers in the area.

I don't know how long you've had the charger, but they generally last about two years before they start going all fucky, as I found out.

Update:

I found out that my MacBook is actually good for repairs and technical service up until late 2011. Apparently my Aunt & Uncle went all-out when they bought it for me last year.

Additionally, the power cord can very likely be replaced with no charge (get it? no charge? Heheh... ehhh....).

So things are good now. W00T. ^-^

So far this year (in venting):

My school has failed me (no financial aid means no semester), then instead of being able to start back in the spring, I instead have to go back in the fall of 2010. So a year of education is just gone.

Only plus is that I get to spend that time with my wife and daughter, and that's better than stressing out about finals for sure.

This was my day.

Get to work @ 11AM and deal with customers. These people are nice enough and I am in a good mood.

Dumbass coworker blatantly disobeys policy and just hands people TVs, cell phones, games systems without making them pay for them 1st. I inform loss prevention and am told that nothing can happen today. Like having her fired for having the IQ between a cabbage and a ball point pen.

As such, I have to take my lunch 2 hrs. into my shift so that she is not left alone in the department. And for another reason I will get to in a minute.

Get back from lunch and have a chat with my new boss about how I failed to make announcements on a sale TV. I explain that I didn't because we are sold out. Apparently, this was not a good enough reason. Whatever, shake my head and leave.

4 o'clock rolls around and the next person scheduled does not show up. Wonderful. This is the other reason I went to lunch early. I thought she would call off. Turns out, she called in to quit. Fan-fucking-tastic. So, I have been running in circles for 3 hours by myself and now I get to do it some more. Woo Hoo!

6 rolls around and I finally get a chance to take a break. I walk outside to my car so I can call my grandmother and wish her a merry christmas and say that I am sorry that I had to miss the family get together for work. At this point, and this is 100% shit free, I get hit by a car. Again, I get hit by a car. It was going >5 mph, but still. A moving car hits me in the god damn parking lot. Rear bumper hits me in the knee, tail pipe into calf. Knee is sore, but pants are ripped and I cut my leg. Passenger saw that I got hit, told the driver who reacted by speeding away. And when I get back in the store, I get yelled at by my new boss for wearing pants with a tear in the leg. I calmly informed him that I was not in the greatest of moods, as I just got HIT BY A FUCKING CAR and to not worry about the pants. When he didn't believe me, I showed him the blood all over my hand and leg. That kind of shut his smug ass up.

Hey, now I get to go back to work as I do not fill the requirements to go home due to injury. Lucky me. So, now I am limping around in circles helping people that have turned into giant douches over the day. "How dare you not have this item that is extremely popular in stock. It is Christmas Eve and 9 PM. You should have ten left in stock." Gah. Fuck You Running.

Now? I am laying on my couch. I poured myself a rather large Jack & Coke. That is now gone. I now have a nice glass of Capt. & Coke. I plan on sitting here and doing nothing more exerting than lifting a remote/glass for the rest of the evening.

Fuck Christmas & Fuck Baby Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have spoken too soon about the theatre festival. My partner just called and he's in the hospital, with the flu. I may or may not still be going. Worst part is that Lucy and I had to change my flight (at no small monetary cost) so I could be back here on time for ACTF. I could have spent two more days in FoCo, ugh.

My fucking mouth hurts.

My teeth are all jacked up. Always have been, in one way or another (I still have quite a few baby teeth, for example, and am missing a messload of adult teeth), but now they are especially fucked.

And. My. Mouth. Fucking. Hurts.

The last time I tried to get dental work done, I went through near all my savings before I called it quits--I had other bills to pay for, too. And of course the dentist's office continued to harass me via phone and post. I can't afford to go back. Also, I get it, my teeth are fucked, don't make me feel like shit about it, Dentist. You're already getting all my money when I do find myself in your chair.

My mouth hurts and teeth need to come out of it and then new, fake teeth need to go into it but I don't have several thousand dollars.

I think the "world class" dental school at UIC is a myth--no one answers the fucking phone in their clinic. Or returns calls.

Anyone have a dentist in the family who feels like taking on a project?

So, that mouth pain?

I was cutting a fucking tooth.

Teething.

At twenty-two.

I had an adult tooth pop up two years go--had to take out another tooth, not sure if it was a baby or not--to make room. It hurt like hell, but once the tooth (with intact root system) sitting on top of it was removed, it hurt much, much less.

Evidently, the little fucker has decided to finish coming in and shift in the process. After about an hour of concentrated pain (which made me realize that that this was the offending tooth, not several others), and a few minutes of weird pressure in my mouth and warm, radiating pain, the fucking thing SHIFTED. TURNED.

It doesn't hurt anymore, but the teeth it shifted into (with the aid of my tongue, because I'm dumb), have a dull ache at the gum line, now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have midterms next week and have been getting tons of outlines, reviews, packets, and pulling all nighters... History and English are straight A's, Lab Bio is a B, but...Fuck, I hate algebra :(

So I got my electric bill today...$450.

That can't be right.

Fuck. That.

I've read on The Consumerist a few times about power companies retroactively charging accounts that had faulty meters. Hope it's not something like that, especially since you just moved in, and retroactive billing should go to the previous tenants.