Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine lost her father to cancer today. Because twenty years ago he was a heroin addict they were very selective in the painkillers provided and as a result these last couple of months were very painful for him and very hard on his family. I understand why medical staff are cautious when providing medication to drug addicts, but this situation was needlessly hard on my friend and her sister given the diagnosis. I'm not in the medical profession, and I'm sure these things are in place for a reason but it hard not to take sides when someone I know is so directly affected.

There is a good possability that I will fail the most important project of the year. This would possible hold me back a year and prevent me from graduating. I pretty much am at a point of having to beg my advisor to let me pass. yay.

My Career Development Loan provider (Barclays) has screwed me over in terms of the payment dates of my course fees in that they're spreading it out over 2 years for a one year course. There is a good chance that it was misunderstood at my end, but in that both my folks are accountants, I'm surprised that all three of us could miss such a crucial bit of fine print. As a result, I now need to sort this out with both my university and Barclays, and given the current economic climate, I can't see either being in a good mood over this.

Dear BIO Final Project Partner:

You really need to check your email more than once a day. We were supposed to meet up yesterday at 3 PM to set up trays for our two separate locations. You never showed. I set up trays for my location, assuming you would read my email at some later point and figure out to go up to the lab where we set things up last time and set up ten trays for your location. Seriously, everything you need is up there, even the handy dandy wheely cart so that we can get the rabbit trays out to the locations, and you did it just fine this last week.

So, I was going out for a drink with a friend whose aunt just died (side minirant: people need to stop dying and life needs to stop sucking this term) last night, and I made a slight detour so I could check up and see if you did like you were supposed to do.

Nope. Nothing set up. Which is an issue, especially given that my trays were running last night.

Now, hopefully you've read your email so that you know that we're supposed to meet with the professor helping us out this afternoon, but, at this point, I'm not holding my breath on it. And if you don't show today, I'm just going to recruit friends and possibly the professor herself to help me do this at both locations so I can at least fucking pass the class (pass/failing this class).

Seriously, we're far enough behind on this b/c of the parties held this weekend and the weather interfering with being able to run this as we wanted to. We present on this A WEEK FROM TODAY, and this is a huge part of our grade. We have to be able to do some goddamn analysis on this, which means getting data together, which means running the trays in both locations.

Please, get your shit together,

~Me.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt up until after the meeting today. If she doesn't show up for the meeting with the prof, I'm going to talk to our advising prof first, and then to the actual prof.

Also, this is the disadvantage of doing a project that is dependent on several outdoor conditions in the winter. :P

EDIT: And apparently she told the prof that she's deathly sick, but not me. RARGH.

Oh, hey, it's me again.

Dear neighbors:

Seriously. Something is WRONG when you're filling every available recyclable/garbage space to overflowing in two days' time and leaving garbage all over the hall. Stop making this house a pigsty.

Go get some class,

~Me

EDIT:

Biology Partner Rant, Part III: Son of a Biology:

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF YOUR PART OF THE SLIDES DONE, YOU DIDN'T COLLECT THE DATA FOR YESTERDAY (but at least you collected the data for Thursday), APPARENTLY YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS YOU SAID THAT YOU DID, AND WE GO ON TUESDAY YOU STUPID INCOMPETENT IDIOT!

(you are getting such, such a low analysis from me on this)

My parents are getting a divorce. Fucking awesome.

My parents were separated for 4 years before the divorce was final. Seriously, they'd been apart for years, when I was told it was done I was surprised because I thought it had gone through long before that, especially since mum was living with another guy and engaged by then. I had no idea they were still technically married.

FuckYou.jpg

In short, I'm going to have to murder this guy.

In long, guy I've worked with in the theatre department for years has a bit of a run-in with the RA on duty last night. The RA on duty that is Lucy. He then posts this on Facebook, basically saying that she has a stick up her ass for doing her job, despite the fact that they've been friends/acquaintances for sometime. I'll just have to intimidate him into apologizing.

Yes, I know it's stupid college drama, but fuck, I hate it when people mess with those whom I care about.

Well, looks like I need to find another job. I had an incident with another guy in the same department today. I got yelled at, and cussed at in front of the kids I'm responsible for every day. His kid cries because he's fucking 4, and somehow it's my fault. Fuck this place. I might even post the report I'm making about it.

I FUCKING hate when people argue about anything just to argue.

I was just having an argument with my roommate about the nature of rooting for college sports teams. I say you root for who you want, and he says you can only root for the school you went to. Fine, whatever, standard banter.

Then as he is leaving I say "Don't forget your cellphone" because he forgot it last night. This starts a one-sided argument about how since people back in the day didn't have cell phones there is not much use in them. Even if you are in a car crash, you can always walk to a pay phone or someone else will call the cops and thus a cell phone will not help. And to make a point he left his cell phone.

What really makes this story is that he left his laptop and work keys on the table too. Since he doesn't have his cell phone, I cannot call him.