Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

annericelover

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'm confused about the premise. Is each episode going to be about a different mission, or will it be about her escaping and finding out the truth about who she is?

The start of the series I believe will start off with her involved in different missions, towards the middle of the season I believe they will gear toward her learning the truth of who she really is.

I saw the promo for the series, looks good, I hope Fox gives the series a chance, Dushku needs a break.

• 3 weeks later...

Decent concept, but its not really got the whole group dynamic that Joss excels at in his usual shows. The lack of the group unity of purpose really hurts this, I've no idea where its all going.

I think too much of this show is "look how hot Eliza is" and very little of it was the comedy I expected from this writing team (lots of these people worked on Dr Horrible). To be honest they'll have to work VERY hard to eclipse Alias, which had a similar chameleonic hot girl fighting bad guys concept. I'm just not that invested yet.

Decent concept, but its not really got the whole group dynamic that Joss excels at in his usual shows. The lack of the group unity of purpose really hurts this, I've no idea where its all going.

I think too much of this show is "look how hot Eliza is" and very little of it was the comedy I expected from this writing team (lots of these people worked on Dr Horrible). To be honest they'll have to work VERY hard to eclipse Alias, which had a similar chameleonic hot girl fighting bad guys concept. I'm just not that invested yet.

Exactly how I felt after watching it. It's an hour of Dushku in different outfits with a bunch of other random people that you don't care about.

“Dollhouse,” which followed “Terminator,” improved mightily on its lead-in but still scored the second-worst series-premiere numbers of the season, after the Friday-night debut of NBC’s “Crusoe.” (Hopefully Fox will remember to remember that a far different ratings story would have emerged had “Dollhouse” been given “Fringe’s” post-“American Idol” berth – instead of the channel’s infamously deadly-to-sci-fi Fox Friday Death Slot.)

“Dollhouse” did perform better than the premiere of “Canterbury’s Law,” which occupied its timeslot last season.

Preliminary 18-49 Friday ratings:

3.4 20/20

2.4 Ghost Whisperer

2.2 Supernanny

2.0 Dollhouse

1.9 Flashpoint

1.5 Wife Swap

1.3 Terminator

1.2 Howie Do It

1.1 Friday Night Lights

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40128

Fox kills another one.

I don't know... I just got finished watching the episode, and I think "meh" sums it up. I really went into this wanting to like it, but I think everyone is right on when they point out that there's virtually no character interaction and ZERO humor.

I watched the first episode with the thoughts that it will get better. We are only 2 episodes in, so I'm not going to give up yet. Joss Whedon's stuff are things you have to get in too. I didn't like Buffy at first, because it was so different from the movie, but I gave it another chance in Season 2 and got hooked.

Eliza Dushku hasn't been given any chances in a while, because she has been type cast as Faith. I loved Tru Calling, but it was canceled too soon, there was a chance to bring the series back, but the Sci-Fi network didn't do shit to help it. Than another series she did didn't even get picked up. I'm going give this show a chance.

Ok, the series in the first 2 episodes were somewhat a disappointment, but last nights episodes was actually quite good. I liked seeing Echo change her directives course and thinking outside the box and now the guys who control everything are wanting to send her to the attic(which I guess means put her away), so this may be where the first seasons story arc starts.

3 out of 5 for last nights episode.

Eh, I'll keep watching for now but this doesn't feel like The Wire or Battlestar, where you know its tough to get into but you'll appreciate it more later. I could be wrong.

I'm going to start watching Buffy again, right from the beginning. That should remind me why I like Joss so much.

Dushku said herself that episode 6 is when it's gets good.

Every new series starts off slow, it does help if there was more promotion, but its not a guarentee. It's all about whether or not people give it a chance. The trouble with Hollywood, the economy and the impatience of the network makes me think that we may not get a 2nd season. I think the series was cleared for 13 episodes and if Dushku is right about it getting better in episode 6 that may be too late. I think last night's episode was good though, so hopefully she's wrong and it will get even better next week.