Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

annericelover

The problem is, is Fox going to give it that long? It's getting pretty shit ratings.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but you are right. 6 episodes is way too long to get on a roll when it comes to Fox. This series costs a lot to make, so they will cancel it probably within two weeks if the ratings stay down.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'm watching the episodes that have been released up until now, starting the second episode.

The first episode has an interesting concept, but unless we get more on the actual processes and what happens inside the Dollhouse itself, I'm not going to stay with it. It feels like a soulless generic action show, and I could guess most of the "twists" a good ten minutes before they happened. It seems like anything that's made it Whedon was stripped from the show.

Also, please, writers, give us some humor!

The show seems to be getting better, but it has no direction yet. Four episodes in and they haven't even started the overall storyline. All we know is that Alpha killed a bunch of people and is still alive and fighting against the company, but we haven't seen him yet. I do believe Echo, the guy, and the other girl are planning something by the way she nodded what looked like either "no", or "not now" to her in this last episode.

The FBI agent is a moron. His neighbor is extremely hot and throwing herself at him and he just ignores her.

I just read that she's an agent. I'm happy if that's true. It means someone's keeping an eye on the FBI.

Also, I have a copy of the pilot's original script if anyone is interested.

I haven't read all of it, but so far nothing is the same. The whole motorcycle chase isn't there. The opening scene where she talks about giving everything up isn't there. Also, some scenes in later episodes are in it.

Edit: I just finished it and it's so much better than what was aired. What was aired was a whole different show.

Yeah, the pilot script's definitely better than what's been airing up till now. It looks like Fox had some major hand in what we've gotten up to this point, which kind of explains the suckage.

Last night's episode is better than what I've seen up till now. Might keep on watching it online, but probably won't go out of my way to find a lounge to watch it in.

I thought Victor was their agent on him?

It finally started getting good. That stuff about there being Dollhouses all over the world was pretty cool. The one thing I hated, and I hate this about Hollywood in general, is that a girl her size cannot kick a guy his size so hard that he flies over a table. It's not physically possible.

Who do you think the mole is that's messing with the programs?

I really liked this episode. Dushku was right, this was when it kicked into gear.

So the neighbor is a Doll!

And I don't know whether or not to trust Echo's message to Ballard, either.

Especially liked the reactions of the people on the street's and Minor's reasons for using the Dollhouse.

It's going to be so weird seeing

Wash from Firefly as Alpha. I've never seen him do anything not funny.

We can assume there are never more than 26 dolls at a time due to the naming system, and they established that they reuse names since Sierra replaced the former Sierra(although they never reused Alpha). With that said, I hope they never show Papa, Golf, Romeo, or Foxtrot because it will be hard for me to take them seriously with those names.

This last episode? Gives me faith in the series. We have the personal and the political unfolding on a far more complex level than we've seen up to this point, and we also got the Whedon humor that's been lacking with the drug. It's finally coming into its own as a show.

So, with the situation that led to Sam being pushed into the Doll contract being similar to that of Caroline? I'm doubting those contracts will be followed, because they're too big of a threat.

I'm quite interested to see where this goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I can understand cutting it short by the pilot episode, because as awesome as it is, it wouldn't make sense in the context of the show up to this point.

But I think the odds are we're not going to see anything beyond season 1.

Also, liked the concept behind the last episode, was executed really well as well.

There is still a chance for us to get a 2nd Season and for the numbers to go up. According to the link article above since the 13th episode will not air, they are contracted for 13 aired episodes, so they need to air a 13th episode which will allow them the opportunity for a 2nd season through s new contract. At least that is my understanding.

As much as I hate commercials, I am now realizing the importance of advertising the programs on a constant basis. Fox has not been advertising their shows enough for people to know to tune in. I only found out about Dollhouse because I watched the Terminator series and I only found out about that series, because I watched a rerun of The Simpsons, a show that needs no advertising. They need to step up the ball

There is still a chance for us to get a 2nd Season and for the numbers to go up. According to the link article above since the 13th episode will not air, they are contracted for 13 aired episodes, so they need to air a 13th episode which will allow them the opportunity for a 2nd season through s new contract. At least that is my understanding.

As much as I hate commercials, I am now realizing the importance of advertising the programs on a constant basis. Fox has not been advertising their shows enough for people to know to tune in. I only found out about Dollhouse because I watched the Terminator series and I only found out about that series, because I watched a rerun of The Simpsons, a show that needs no advertising. They need to step up the ball

Actually, I've seen more Dollhouse commercials than anything else lately. It's funny; they're advertising it as a sex-filled fantasy show. (waitaminute...)